Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X 5, 2021 Mach E-Premium RWD Job 2
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
I got 3.5.4.2 OTA yesterday too while the car was at the dealer getting the second recall update done.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Brave man to have waited so long before having it done. I had it done by the dealer in late July.

still no failure of the HVBJB here which makes me nervous. When is the ticking time bomb going to explode?

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
Brave man to have waited so long before having it done. I had it done by the dealer in late July.

still no failure of the HVBJB here which makes me nervous. When is the ticking time bomb going to explode?
I think most of the Mach E’s that are having problems are the GT’s drawing a lot of power. Climbing in the mountains, driving fast, using high heat.

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
Has anybody in this group received 3.6.1 OTA

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
Not OTA. I had the dealer install it under TSB 22-2182 when I took it in because the heater sucked.
Well, 2 of my neighbors received it about a month ago via OTA. Both their MachE’s are 2022s.
This was before the TSB was announced. Does this mean Ford has stopped sending it out.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I received 3.6.1 on 11/17 via OTA

BTW

Best wishes to everyone for a healthy and happy new year

Happy holidays to all that celebrate something

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
Lil update to our group. Had my 2nd HVBJB failure, this one was on the new part that wasn't supposed to fail....the new part lasted me ~10,000 miles, I'm hoping this one won't fail again but we'll see.

Got 4.1.2 and the new interface is cool. We're 10 months in and at 17,822 miles and outside of the failure, loving the car!

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Lil update to our group. Had my 2nd HVBJB failure, this one was on the new part that wasn't supposed to fail....the new part lasted me ~10,000 miles, I'm hoping this one won't fail again but we'll see.

Got 4.1.2 and the new interface is cool. We're 10 months in and at 17,822 miles and outside of the failure, loving the car!
Sorry to hear. Starting to see the “new and more robust” part failing in a few cars. We’re you able to drive it safely to dealer.

now I know why Ford didn’t schedule replacing all the old HVBJB , they don’t know the new ones are the answer. they are probably still testing the part to see if they come up with a better one.

I was thinking of paying for it out of my pocket, cost 3k and service manager said there is no guarantee the new part won’t fail. Surprise is that he is right.

good luck in getting it fixed.

I still don’t have 4.1.2, are you in the early access group?

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
Sorry to hear. Starting to see the “new and more robust” part failing in a few cars. We’re you able to drive it safely to dealer.

now I know why Ford didn’t schedule replacing all the old HVBJB , they don’t know the new ones are the answer. they are probably still testing the part to see if they come up with a better one.

I was thinking of paying for it out of my pocket, cost 3k and service manager said there is no guarantee the new part won’t fail. Surprise is that he is right.

good luck in getting it fixed.

I still don’t have 4.1.2, are you in the early access group?
Car drove fine, had service vehicle soon and reduced power. Yeah I know they are sending my part back for testing so hopefully they can figure it out, and release a better part if necessary. I got the car back on 1/10.

Yes I'm in EA.
Sponsored