GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
I really thought I was going to hit 20k miles this month (11 months since I picked it up) but looks like I finally melted my HVBJB this afternoon. Going to the dealership in the morning :(
Eeesh. Good news is if your dealer is competent they should get done in a week or less.

Also, I beat you!! Just hit it on a road trip this weekend.

Screenshot_20230227-184942.png
Sponsored

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I really thought I was going to hit 20k miles this month (11 months since I picked it up) but looks like I finally melted my HVBJB this afternoon. Going to the dealership in the morning :(
Sorry to hear

what a bummer , any special driving that caused it or the HVBJB said, “I have had enough!!”

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
Sorry to hear

what a bummer , any special driving that caused it or the HVBJB said, “I have had enough!!”
Well I was stopped at a red light, center of 3 northbound lanes, 55mph speed limit, straight and flat ahead and the Accord next to me in the left lane kept creeping up on the red light, trying to get a jump on the light. And of course, I needed to make a left up ahead. What’s a Mach E supposed to do?

lonndog

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf, Prius V, Mach-E (2021 in 2022)
Occupation
SW CI/CD
Country flag
Well I was stopped at a red light, center of 3 northbound lanes, 55mph speed limit, straight and flat ahead and the Accord next to me in the left lane kept creeping up on the red light, trying to get a jump on the light. And of course, I needed to make a left up ahead. What’s a Mach E supposed to do?
Your car, dying with it's boots on, so to speak. As one should!

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Good evening all of you last of the 21’s

little update on my car.

I have been getting 12V battery warnings on and off over the last year. Never thought much about it as car always worked.

well, my wife went to use the car yesterday and it came on again. I called the dealership here in Fl and they said several codes were thrown and it should be brought in

went out to the car the next day (before bringing in the car) and the main screen was shutting down to conserve battery, but car did start right up.

checked the 12V battery with the OBD2, it read 47%. Drove the car to charge 12V battery and got it to 88%. Wife drove the car during the day and came home around 5. At 10 pm battery was 77%.

before I took the car to dealer this morning the 12V battery read 67%, lost 10% overnight .

someone had recommended that I turn off the wake up lights which I did last night and still lost 10%.

stay well everyone

I hope they don’t just change the battery without finding out if there is a leak somewhere

other than that car has been fine since they fixed the cruise control module. Now I am waiting for the HVBJB to fail.

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
Good evening all of you last of the 21’s

little update on my car.

I have been getting 12V battery warnings on and off over the last year. Never thought much about it as car always worked.

well, my wife went to use the car yesterday and it came on again. I called the dealership here in Fl and they said several codes were thrown and it should be brought in

went out to the car the next day (before bringing in the car) and the main screen was shutting down to conserve battery, but car did start right up.

checked the 12V battery with the OBD2, it read 47%. Drove the car to charge 12V battery and got it to 88%. Wife drove the car during the day and came home around 5. At 10 pm battery was 77%.

before I took the car to dealer this morning the 12V battery read 67%, lost 10% overnight .

someone had recommended that I turn off the wake up lights which I did last night and still lost 10%.

stay well everyone

I hope they don’t just change the battery without finding out if there is a leak somewhere

other than that car has been fine since they fixed the cruise control module. Now I am waiting for the HVBJB to fail.
Chances are good there's no leak, just a failing 12v battery. They're extremely small compared to a normal car battery and the car seems to do a good job of propping up a failing battery to a certain point and then it just can't do it and they start throwing a ton of problems at you.

I'm starting to find it hard to explain to non-owners that this car is more frustrating and has more issues than any car I've ever owned, and it's also my favorite.

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Took delivery 1 year ago today! Car has been mostly great, except for the 2 failed HVBJB's, and couple power train warning messages that the dealer fixed by updating some modules earlier on.

Very much looking forward to BC 1.2 later this year and hopefully some longer road trips, though I'm worried about finding a charger while out on the road that's not clogged with ID4's etc.

Can't believe all the miles we put on this car in a year, it's just crazy. I guess I like driving it 🤔

Screenshot_20230316-084504.png

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My car is one year and two days.

car has been fun for the most part. Wish the ride and handling were better but with potential shock changes it will get better.

I had a cruise control failure that they fixed by replacing hardware.

Dealer couldn’t find any issue with my 12v battery low warning but I think I resolved it by shutting off wake up lights based on the recommendation from someone on the forum.

13k miles for me and state of health of battery is 97%. Looks like in line with warranty limits of battery.

still waiting for the hammer to drop, faulty HVBJB.

keep enjoying the car

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My car is one year and two days.

car has been fun for the most part. Wish the ride and handling were better but with potential shock changes it will get better.

I had a cruise control failure that they fixed by replacing hardware.

Dealer couldn’t find any issue with my 12v battery low warning but I think I resolved it by shutting off wake up lights based on the recommendation from someone on the forum.

13k miles for me and state of health of battery is 97%. Looks like in line with warranty limits of battery.

still waiting for the hammer to drop, faulty HVBJB.

keep enjoying the car
How do you find out battery SOH?

QueasyLand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CA Rt1
Country flag
A year in I absolutely love the car, driving it is still a pleasure every time. Only had the shift issue which meant 2 days at the dealership for a software fix as a major issue - otherwise just profile selection errors and the normal stuff others have.

We're actually loading the car up next week for shipping as we move to the East coast, probably missing it this year but next year we'll see how it does with snow! Hope all my fellow 12/6ers are well!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
A year in I absolutely love the car, driving it is still a pleasure every time. Only had the shift issue which meant 2 days at the dealership for a software fix as a major issue - otherwise just profile selection errors and the normal stuff others have.

We're actually loading the car up next week for shipping as we move to the East coast, probably missing it this year but next year we'll see how it does with snow! Hope all my fellow 12/6ers are well!
Glad to hear you're enjoying your Mach-E! Thank you for being part of the Ford Family.

Old Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E EX, RW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’ll be getting a 2023 Lexus RX 350h Premium+ sometime in March. Trading in the Mach E.
Traded the Mach-E in on the 2023 Lexus Premium+ Hybrid. I miss the torque and the walk away locking, but this is much more suitable for how we use a car. I like the larger size and sitting up higher off the road. Higher end finishes too.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 12/6 Builds - The last of the 21's 1679083649343

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Traded the Mach-E in on the 2023 Lexus Premium+ Hybrid. I miss the torque and the walk away locking, but this is much more suitable for how we use a car. I like the larger size and sitting up higher off the road. Higher end finishes too.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 12/6 Builds - The last of the 21's 1679083649343
Good luck on the car, they usually Make good car that last.

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X 5, 2021 Mach E-Premium RWD Job 2
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
Where is the att reception signal visible that the Mache picks up. I have one on the bottom right but that is my phone in CarPlay.
Sponsored