Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge, Ford Mach E Star White
Occupation
EMT
Country flag
So, from what I understand ( and feel free to correct me ) If the 12v battery should fail. You can't get in the car or just jump it. You have to take off the little panel in the front bumper. Jump that, open the door, which lets you open the frunk. From there you have to remove a panel to get at the 12 v battery and then you can jump the battery and start the car.

Now - what if someone made a wire-ing harness that either 1 - brought the battery connectors into the frunk without taking the panel off ( yes you would once for installation), or even better , made a way for the connector to end up in the little cutout so you could just connect one of those small lithium jumper batteries.

Anyone else think this is an idea, or goofy ( I won't be offended ).

TIA
Sponsored

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
You are correct. I drilled two 2" holes above the jumping spots.
This was shown months ago. Yes you must take off the panel.
I will try to find the post.

OP
OP
medicnj

medicnj

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge, Ford Mach E Star White
Occupation
EMT
Country flag
You are correct. I drilled two 2" holes above the jumping spots.
This was shown months ago. Yes you must take off the panel.
I will try to find the post.
thanks ! you rock.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
So, from what I understand ( and feel free to correct me ) If the 12v battery should fail. You can't get in the car or just jump it. You have to take off the little panel in the front bumper. Jump that, open the door, which lets you open the frunk. From there you have to remove a panel to get at the 12 v battery and then you can jump the battery and start the car.
You aren't quite right. When you jump the two wires behind the front bumper panel, it releases the frunk solenoid so you can then open the frunk and follow the rest of the pain in the ass 12v battery jumping procedure. You can't actually open the door and get in the car until you've jumped the battery (assuming the car was locked).

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
Here is the post.
  1. How to - add 'access ports' for LVB connection points
    First, it is incredibly good to put those holes in for easy access, congrats for pushing us towards drilling those holes! Nothing is simpler than that access with a small jump pack. Every EV or PHEV I had before this had easy access to either the the 12V LVB posts or more recently, those jump...
  2. Go to post # 1
Sponsored