Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
For those who have not yet ventured into the fuse box, driver's side frunk, here is a quick tour.

Below is also the part that stays with the fender. Upper left is the part that makes contact with the fuse panel 12V large flat leaf contact. The red cover is the +12V jump point that routes back to the battery by that large red wire.

I like the way the removable part with the fuses is linked by a single large sliding contact to the +12V bus. First the weather cover comes off over a set of multipin connectors.

Then, the fuse box comes off, the part with the fuses coming off the main contact, removing the +12V supply to the fuses. The now separated fuse box has a protective cover that opens like a book with a book cover.

The manual wants you to pull the two large multipin connectors, but you can just leave them on, and gently fold the wires over to gain access to finally what looks like a conventional fuse panel.

The removable panel part with the fuses must be delicate, because there is a note, if you drop this part, discard and replace it (I hate to think that that costs). The note says "SCRAP IF DROPPED". Maybe the contacts for the two multi pin connector go out of alignment?
Ford Mustang Mach-E 12V Fuse Box Inside Tour (Photos) 6Z5A0974.JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E 12V Fuse Box Inside Tour (Photos) IMG-1547
Ford Mustang Mach-E 12V Fuse Box Inside Tour (Photos) IMG-1554
Ford Mustang Mach-E 12V Fuse Box Inside Tour (Photos) IMG-1548
Ford Mustang Mach-E 12V Fuse Box Inside Tour (Photos) IMG-1549
Ford Mustang Mach-E 12V Fuse Box Inside Tour (Photos) IMG-1551
Ford Mustang Mach-E 12V Fuse Box Inside Tour (Photos) IMG-1553
Ford Mustang Mach-E 12V Fuse Box Inside Tour (Photos) 6Z5A0922.JPG
Ford Mustang Mach-E 12V Fuse Box Inside Tour (Photos) Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 7.42.04 PM

Last edited:

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
This is known as the BJB (battery junction box) and for the first time in Ford history it is a networked module. It cannot take OTA updates. I have no idea why it is networked but it is.

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
Had to jump mine last night (2nd time in 9 weeks). I'm getting familiar with what's under the hood....

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Had to jump mine last night (2nd time in 9 weeks). I'm getting familiar with what's under the hood....
any ideas on what is draining your 12v?
why HV is not topping it up?
have you had dealer check your MME on OASIS to see if available updates are applied?

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
any ideas on what is draining your 12v?
why HV is not topping it up?
have you had dealer check your MME on OASIS to see if available updates are applied?
It's a November build and I know there's a TSB out there for it. What's funny is it was fine the 10 days we were on vacation, but a few days later something drained it.

I'm going out of town for the weekend. I'll take my jumpbox and keep it somewhere where I can get to it if it dies again, but I'm sure it'll be fine. Calling the dealer today.... But I just don't want to give it up lol

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Why is there a yellow wire hanging around that area?

OP
OP

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag