12V Power Points (cigarette lighter) - Manual is not very clear that there are only 2

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
From the Manual:

WHAT IS THE POWER OUTLET
The power outlet can power devices using a 12 V outlet adapter.

POWER OUTLET
PRECAUTIONS
When you switch the vehicle on, you can use the socket to power 12 V appliances with a maximum current rating of 20 A. Do not use the power point over the vehicle capacity of 12 V DC 240 W or a fuse could blow. Do not plug in any device that supplies power to the vehicle through the power points. This could result in damage to vehicle systems. Do not hang any accessory from the accessory plug. Always keep the power point caps closed when not in use. Do not insert objects other than an accessory plug into the power point.
To prevent the battery from running out of charge:
• Do not use the power point longer than necessary when the vehicle is off.
• Do not leave devices plugged in overnight or when you park your vehicle for extended periods.
LOCATING THE POWER OUTLET
Power outlets are in the following locations:
• In the media bin below the instrument panel. [Only the USB A and USB C outlets]
• Inside the main center console bin. [Found this one but does not really have a cutout for a cord to come outside the bin like most other cars do]
• On the rear of the main center console bin. [Only the USB A and USB C outlets]
• In the cargo area. [Found this one]

Based on the description of POWER OUTLET I was looking for a "cigarette lighter" power point in each of the places listed. Only 2 exist.

I am in the process of installing a NextBase Dash Cam and would have liked to have one located in the Media Bin rather than having to route it into the console bin.
Sponsored

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
With a little work, you can install another one using the wires for the one in the bin. This stuff is just plastic. A car stereo shop could do it for you.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
OP
OP
FPLiptak

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for the info. I am very queasy when it comes to deconstructing the Mach-E. I will probably just end up having a dangling cord to the center console bin.

I really wish the manual had more correct information. What it has is just wrong.
Sponsored