14 days of testing the charging infrastructure in Norway / Europe - pressrelease

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
For those of us who need translation:
Today, Ford's new all-electric SUV, the Mustang Mach-E, arrived on an exclusive visit to Norway. Over the next two weeks, the car will for the first time be tested on Norwegian roads and tested extensively on a number of different types of public charging networks.

- The car is a pre-production model that will be tested in large parts of southern Norway by a Norwegian team. The goal is, among other things, to provide the latest feedback before production starts, not least with regard to the Norwegian charging network and how the Mustang Mach-E charges on various charging networks. All to contribute to the Mustang Mach-E being tailored for the Norwegian market, says CEO of Ford Motor Norway, Per Gunnar Berg.

The car that arrived in Norway in the morning hours today is a Mustang Mach-E, Long Range variant with four-wheel drive and an electric range of up to 540 km. The 99 kWt battery pack delivers 337 HP and a torque of 565 Nm.

According to the plan, the test car will be on a 14-day visit to Norway where it will be tested in practical use on Norwegian roads. Then all types of input and test data will be handed over to those who are now responsible for the final adjustments of the all-electric SUV.

Ford in Norway has participated in the development of the Mustang Mach-E

Ford Motor Norway has actively participated in the development of the new all-electric SUV, which is available with an electric range of up to 600 kilometers, then with rear-wheel drive.

- Norway is the country in the world that has the most experience with electric cars. We also have demanding and changing weather and driving conditions. As a result, Ford has demanded and received advice from us internationally throughout the process of developing the new Mustang Mach-E. This is also the reason why the car is in Norway now. It also means that the Mustang Mach-E certainly delivers in relation to Norwegians' expectations of an electric car, says Per Gunnar Berg.

Unique driving mode and improved functionality throughout the life of the car

Mustang Mach-E is available with two different battery sizes of 75 kWt and 99 kWt. Both are available with rear-wheel drive or four-wheel drive driven by two engines that distribute the forces independently between the front and rear axles.

It has three unique driving modes: quiet, active and untamed. The driving dynamics and the car's chassis are fine - tuned to the desired driving style. Both the steering, the lights in the passenger compartment, the sound and the fully digital screens change character according to which driving mode you choose.

With the all-electric SUV, you also get a car that, thanks to continuous wireless OTA updates, can be constantly developed. During the life of the car, Ford can with this system, for example, deliver better performance to the car or come with completely new functionality.

The "Game changer" has already been pre-ordered by thousands of Norwegians

Several thousand Norwegians have already pre-ordered Mustang Mach-E, and during September it will be open for final orders. The first cars are expected to be delivered to Norway early next year, with four-wheel drive available from the start of production.

- With its unique combination of long range, available four-wheel drive, ample space, sporty driving characteristics, extensive new technology and competitive prices, the Mustang Mach-E has already become a "game changer". It will be even clearer when the first customer cars arrive in Norway in the new year, says CEO of Ford Motor Norway, Per Gunnar Berg.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Thanks for the translation @jhalkias.

I wonder why they waited until the summer to test in norway instead of winter?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

They probably waited until they had a real (pre-production) model to run.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Valuable nugget here:
Several thousand Norwegians have already pre-ordered the Mustang Mach-E, and during September it will be open for final orders. The first cars are expected to be delivered to Norway early next year, with four-wheel drive available from the start of production.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
It was rumoured that Norway would start converting reservations/preorders to confirmed orders on 17th September. I have not seen any posts about this recently. Does that mean it didn't happen?

Kadaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo S60, Zoe R210
Country flag
It was rumoured that Norway would start converting reservations/preorders to confirmed orders on 17th September. I have not seen any posts about this recently. Does that mean it didn't happen?
It did happen. I did convert my pre booking to booking. No delivery date agreed though

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
It did happen. I did convert my pre booking to booking. No delivery date agreed though
Just gone back and saw your posts from last week. Must have missed them for some reason. Congratulations. All we have to do is wait until FordUK get themselves into gear and open up our orders

OP
OP
FASTBACK

FASTBACK

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Indian Roadmaster - Beemer 40e
Occupation
Dealer
Country flag
It happened - prices as announced November 2019 - Its done with Ford esales and you confirm your order with electronic ID - But no news for WLTP range city/countryside/ highway on basic and loaded models . You must confirm your conversion before 17 October ( 30 days ) . Cars will be delivered early 2021 depending on model-battery-options and color . In October November Ford will come with more information.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Citroën Berlingo 2009
Country flag
Is this going to be the official norwegiand thread? ;) I have a question since a long time about those plastic wheel arches. I see on pictures that some MachEs have them painted in body colour while the norwegian Ford web site shows either unpainted or as a black lacqueer for AWD versions. So what’s it going to be for us? I would like mine painted in body colour

Tyldum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Only first edition have them in the same color as the body, as far as I know.

Tyldum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
FE and GT seems to overlap, so makes sense. The GT hasn't launched in Norway yet, so I haven't paid attention.
Sponsored