$1500 deposit required for order via dealers literature?

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Maybe it’s just the formatting of the article on my iPad, but I can’t see the referenced invoice showing $1500 deposit. I only see the page that we’d seen earlier showing a deposit of $500.
Needless to say, it’d be a big mistake at this time for Ford dealers to expect that kind of deposit, especially from those of us ordering a GT we won’t have until next summer. I may just pull the trigger on a Model Y at that point.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Article is from outside the USA and has a reference to 30,000 USA orders. Many of the USA residents have read 30,000 units to Europe and elsewhere of the first 50,000 made. This is where the article initially came from; https://thedriven.io/

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I looked through the rest of the deck (confidential pages that I can't share) and don't see any additional reference to a deposit. I only see a reference to a $500 dealer deposit. This would seem to make the most sense to me. The dealer takes a new $500 deposit at order, Ford refunds the $500 reservation and the net effect is $0 extra out of pocket for us. Of course I assuming it's up to the dealer to determine the deposit amount.

Step 1: "Dealer deposit due today" = $500

Ford Mustang Mach-E $1500 deposit required for order via dealers literature? 1585491122827

But on the screen's I did share I found these points most interesting:

Ford Mustang Mach-E $1500 deposit required for order via dealers literature? 1585491189043

* Customer will enter payment information and proceed to checkout.
*After the dealer accepts the order, Ford will refund the customer's $500 reservation deposit to the same method of payment they used to make their reservation.
*Customers will be charged the dealer deposit after the dealer accepts their order

Customers can make changes to their reservation online before ordering by clicking on the "Make Changes To Vehicle" at the bottom of the screen.

Ford Mustang Mach-E $1500 deposit required for order via dealers literature? 1585491375871

* The customer's reservation time stamp will stay attached to the order. The time stamp will determine build priority

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
With respect to the us, everything I've read from Ford or heard from an interview is that the orders are between buyers and the dealerships, and the dealers will decide the amount a deposit is required

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I looked through the rest of the deck (confidential pages that I can't share) and don't see any additional reference to a deposit. I only see a reference to a $500 dealer deposit. This would seem to make the most sense to me. The dealer takes a new $500 deposit at order, Ford refunds the $500 reservation and the net effect is $0 extra out of pocket for us. Of course I assuming it's up to the dealer to determine the deposit amount.

Step 1: "Dealer deposit due today" = $500

Ford Mustang Mach-E $1500 deposit required for order via dealers literature? 1585491375871

But on the screen's I did share I found these points most interesting:

* Customer will enter payment information and proceed to checkout.
*After the dealer accepts the order, Ford will refund the customer's $500 reservation deposit to the same method of payment they used to make their reservation.
*Customers will be charged the dealer deposit after the dealer accepts their order

Customers can make changes to their reservation online before ordering by clicking on the "Make Changes To Vehicle" at the bottom of the screen.

* The customer's reservation time stamp will stay attached to the order. The time stamp will determine build priority
Awesome information. Thanks for finally putting to rest that when you reserve does have an impact on your build priority