Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If you use Carplay or Android auto, the phone is actually using the car's GPS location in that situation (it is shared digitally with the phone through the wireless link), because the GPS signal would be pretty bad on the charging pad.

GPS by the phone is still possible in the car, the signals can enter through the other windows or roof (I believe the roof is RF transparent?).
My iPhone nav has continued to work when the car GPS has lost its signals. Even on the charging pad. This has happened a few times to me.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Timbop is survived by no less than 5 grandchildren!
I was thinking the obit would look more like:
  • Father of 2, although he worked a lot and didn't really pay attention to his children like his next door neighbor Bob
  • Married for X years, although his wife says "he wasn't very helpful around the house like our neighbor Bob"
  • Worked over the years for several small companies, so never really made an impact in the world like his Nobel prize winning neighbor Bob
  • Loved to play basketball, which took him away from time with his family. Interestingly he couldn't sink a three pointer no matter how many times he took the shot instead of passing to Bob who was open in the paint

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
Rubber tubes along the left and right sides of the rear hatch act as pinch sensors, which stop the electric motor from closing to prevent fingers from getting squeezed.
It's still not pleasant to get your fingers or hand "pinched" in there. 😂

Guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat PB
Country flag
The sure fire way to get wireless CarPlay to consistently work in your Ford Mme, is to take your phone in any other Ford that you own that's not a Mme

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
If you use Carplay or Android auto, the phone is actually using the car's GPS location in that situation (it is shared digitally with the phone through the wireless link), because the GPS signal would be pretty bad on the charging pad.

GPS by the phone is still possible in the car, the signals can enter through the other windows or roof (I believe the roof is RF transparent?).
This is strange, because it is in my MME that the GPS in CarPlay is so far off.

Ray P

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Mach E
Country flag
. . . the manual tells you to put them [transponders] on the black-dotted area . . .
I went back to the manuals and see nothing about placement of transponders. Could you, please, direct me to where to find this? Thanks

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I went back to the manuals and see nothing about placement of transponders. Could you, please, direct me to where to find this? Thanks
Sorry, thought it was in the manual. This original thread meandered for a while until it came out that the black dotted areas to the left and right don't have the coating. here are links to some pics:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/ez-pass-transponder-interference.3463/post-109607
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/ez-pass-transponder-interference.3463/post-117614
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/ez-pass-transponder-interference.3463/post-483460

OP
OP
RobbertPatrison

RobbertPatrison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice White Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
The speed limit is read from an internal database using GPS data and augmented with the windshield camera that performs speed limit sign detection.

Where has this been confirmed?
I did this experiment: cover the front camera and drive. Even when blind the dash will still show the proper speed limit in most cases. But is misses some updated speed signs that are not in it's database. After a while the MME will complain about the obstructed camera view.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RobbertPatrison

RobbertPatrison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice White Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
This is strange, because it is in my MME that the GPS in CarPlay is so far off.
I also wonder whether the gps position data is from the phone, or sent by the car to the car. When I use the phone with Google Maps with CarPlay off it seem to work the same way, so I presume it comes from the phone itself. When in the car the gps reception likely comes mainly through the side windows.
Sponsored