chobald

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME California Route 1, Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
That sucks! Sorry to hear that. Do you know where it is?
I just contacted ford, its estimated delivery date to dealer is now 5/18/22.

I checked palsapp and it says it is "delivered" to Kansas City, KS on 4/18/22.

So I think it is waiting for pickup by a truck to be sent to dealer..

I looked around the site and I saw someone post that they have had delays getting trucks to pickup cars for delivery. Supply chain crap. Anyway hope everyone else enjoying their MMEs!

I noticed alot more of them around my town. Its definitely higher income and I see alot of GTs..

FarSide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Type '70 Vet, Outback Onyx, '04 Wrangler
Country flag
I’m just not buying that Ford and related parties supply chain crap lines anymore; this is becoming a blanket excuse for inefficiency. Yes- Chip availability, battery production and other tech related constraints are real but delivering a car from point A to point B is as old school of a process as it gets. There are less cars being produced so the car carrier business should be able to keep up even with less drivers if that’s the issue? I’m not aware of any strikes or stupid protests. It’s the 21st century, trains and logistics should run like clockwork. Ford should be optimizing what they can best control in order to make up for all the other delays experienced. But do they really care that much; these cars are essentially sold why should they spend more money on the effort. They have thrown up their hands on optimizing the customer experience right now; think about the bad will around the ordering and closing process with inept and sleezy dealers. Great car, great CEO but archaic processes and little focus on the customer experience. Sorry for the a.m. rant :mad::)

Illinifan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E AWD
Country flag
I’m just not buying that Ford and related parties supply chain crap lines anymore; this is becoming a blanket excuse for inefficiency. Yes- Chip availability, battery production and other tech related constraints are real but delivering a car from point A to point B is as old school of a process as it gets. There are less cars being produced so the car carrier business should be able to keep up even with less drivers if that’s the issue? I’m not aware of any strikes or stupid protests. It’s the 21st century, trains and logistics should run like clockwork. Ford should be optimizing what they can best control in order to make up for all the other delays experienced. But do they really care that much; these cars are essentially sold why should they spend more money on the effort. They have thrown up their hands on optimizing the customer experience right now; think about the bad will around the ordering and closing process with inept and sleezy dealers. Great car, great CEO but archaic processes and little focus on the customer experience. Sorry for the a.m. rant :mad::)
^Feel the same way. My car has been stuck in Indiana for four weeks. You would think fewer cars even with fewer drivers wouldn’t make a difference. Apparently my car must be the first off the train and the last to get on a truck. Dealer last week said expecting delivery “any day” but can’t tell me when.

Pina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Passport, 2022 Mach-E Premium Ordered
Country flag
^Feel the same way. My car has been stuck in Indiana for four weeks. You would think fewer cars even with fewer drivers wouldn’t make a difference. Apparently my car must be the first off the train and the last to get on a truck. Dealer last week said expecting delivery “any day” but can’t tell me when.
I totally get the frustration. We have become so used to Amazon like delivery that anything else is sub par.

Not sure what it's like where you are but right now in my company we have total locations closed for days because we don't have enough staff who aren't off on Covid protocol. That coupled with the great resignation here has created a total mess with logistics!

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Farside as difficult as it may be to believe, the Long Haul truck driver shortage is real. That impacts car carriers as well. I guarantee Ford wants us to have our cars and book the sales. They literally have 10s of thousands of dollars invested in each and every vehicle after their produced. They're losing the money to inflation every month it isn't at it's destination and sold. Truck drivers obviously don't make enough money for the Job conditions. As a result, approximately 85,000 trucks are sitting idle waiting for a driver. (See below)
In the meantime, we all are affected by it, at yes it's disappointing, but I'm not going to say It's all Ford's fault.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/09/us/politics/trucker-shortage-supply-chain.html

Last edited:

Illinifan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E AWD
Country flag
I totally get the frustration. We have become so used to Amazon like delivery that anything else is sub par.

Not sure what it's like where you are but right now in my company we have total locations closed for days because we don't have enough staff who aren't off on Covid protocol. That coupled with the great resignation here has created a total mess with logistics!
haha my thoughts exactly. Amazon can do it, so can everyone else 😆. In all seriousness it makes complete sense for the backlog and as much as I hate it, not much can be done other than wait it out. One of these days we will all look back and say the wait was well worth it.

Old Fashioned

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Jeep JK, Imaginary Mach E Premium RWD ER
How about this?? Maybe Ford selected the cheapest way to truck our ponies, as opposed to the best way to truck our ponies. I've had great sucess with UPS, FedEx and Amazon the past 2 years - they're shipping juggernauts that somehow make it possible to track our smallest packages 24 /7.

chobald

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME California Route 1, Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
Finally! Called by dealer today. The guy asks me: do you know why I am calling? Lol.. i am travelling for work and wont be back until next week to pick it up but I am pretty excited!

1stMach-E

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Finally! Called by dealer today. The guy asks me: do you know why I am calling? Lol.. i am travelling for work and wont be back until next week to pick it up but I am pretty excited!
Congrats, that was a long wait

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Yay! So happy for the delivery of your new Bronco. :)