2/28/22 New IPC update for Job 1 in FDRS

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Heh, I’ll be at $100! Maybe $150 the following month. Until bluecruise is working… regardless cut my access holes today so I’m ready to attempt this tomorrow. Looks like several updates and I also want to find out if mine will happily update APIM now after I got 1.7.1 to take.
Looking forward to hearing if this does anything for you. My Mach-E is at the dealership for the recall and software updates. If this works for you then hopefully they can install for me.
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I would like it for the sake of knowing when the battery is up to operating temp
This is only based on outside temp. It seems to come on when temps hit 38F or lower outside, It also then causes the prompt to plug-in while not in use to come up when you shut the car off.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Looking forward to hearing if this does anything for you. My Mach-E is at the dealership for the recall and software updates. If this works for you then hopefully they can install for me.
Nope, No real progress. The PCM went through without an issue. But once I had a new FDRS license and it connected up the APIM went away from the list and instead I got a GWM update. That one appeared to be successful, the car reported it as such. And that it needed a reboot. But even turning off the car, closing doors and letting it sleep didnt ever trigger a done message and FDRS says the versions returned are not as expected. So I'm still stuck. Just likely a different place. However ironically this now shows me a FDRS reported CMDTC that the GWM ethernet link to the APIM is not functioning as expected... So +1 to the guess this involves both the APIM and GWM.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Nope, No real progress. The PCM went through without an issue. But once I had a new FDRS license and it connected up the APIM went away from the list and instead I got a GWM update. That one appeared to be successful, the car reported it as such. And that it needed a reboot. But even turning off the car, closing doors and letting it sleep didnt ever trigger a done message and FDRS says the versions returned are not as expected. So I'm still stuck. Just likely a different place. However ironically this now shows me a FDRS reported CMDTC that the GWM ethernet link to the APIM is not functioning as expected... So +1 to the guess this involves both the APIM and GWM.
Thanks for the update. I guess the GWM is part of the problem then with these botched 1.7.1 installs. I guess I will probably need to have my GWM replaced too? Hopefully I don't need a new APIM again, I just had mine replaced.

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
I found that after you turn off the car, get out, and let the car power down, you have to get back in after about 20 seconds later, turn the car fully on, and wait. Unfortunately it seems like it can take forever. I found you also need to dismiss any other messages that appear.

I would give it another shot at updating the GWM. It is a big sized important update.

PS: I did the GWM in mid-February which maybe why it showed up for you first. It needs to be done first, then IPC, then APIM.

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
It appears the IPC update is Power-Up 2.4.3 based on posts in the 2.4.3 thread. Is the APIM update 2.4.4?

The APIM update is not as big as some earlier ones.

IPC
DSLJ8T-1A292-AH -> DSLJ8T-1A292-AK Assembly(DA01)
LJ8T-14C026-AL -> LU5T-10F906-AA Strategy(F188)
LJ8T-14C026-BL -> LU5T-10F906-BA Strategy(F120)

APIM
DSMU5T-14G670-EG -> DSMU5T-14G670-EJ Assembly(DA01)
MU5T-14G676-EG -> MU5T-14G676-EJ Strategy(F188)
MU5T-14G682-JK -> MU5T-14G682-JP Image(8033)

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I had my car updated to what appears to be at least 2.3.0 yesterday while they were doing the windshield and roof recalls.

I now have full screen CarPlay and the ability to schedule updates for multiple days in a week and most importantly, my APIM serial number now shows up! Hopefully this will help me with getting updates.

Here are the notes from my service receipt that shows what the tech did:
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2/28/22 New IPC update for Job 1 in FDRS 5CA90D09-4D14-4739-97C5-C9A7D4B9F9BB

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Woah! Strange, they updated FDRS!?!? And your GWM update failed and just went away never passing? Heck, if you got a serial number I suspect your issue is resolved but I was using the latest FDRS on mine and GWM just failed. Wouldn't even re-try. Regardless maybe I need to make an appointment once we have more concrete news. This is good to hear!

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Woah! Strange, they updated FDRS!?!? And your GWM update failed and just went away never passing? Heck, if you got a serial number I suspect your issue is resolved but I was using the latest FDRS on mine and GWM just failed. Wouldn't even re-try. Regardless maybe I need to make an appointment once we have more concrete news. This is good to hear!
I have set my schedule for software updates to every day at 1am, so now it's just a waiting game to see if I actually get some OTA's. I will continue to share my findings as time goes on.

OP
OP
KevinS

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
I did the IPC update today and one thing I've noticed is that with the frunk up, I get 2 error notices -- "Hood Open" and "Frunk Open" back-to-back. The Frunk one is not one I recall ever seeing before.

OP
OP
KevinS

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
In the UK, I saw “Bonnet Open” and “Frunk Open” after updating

We don’t call them Trunk in the UK. We call it boot, so we have a froot not a frunk ?
I had a 1974 MG Midget and 1980 MGB. All too familiar with car terms there (as well as Lucas, the Prince of Darkness.) ?

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
If I asked my son to look in the trunk….he’d be looking for an elephant. He wouldn’t have a clue! Same goes for hood, he’d pull the cover over his head on his “hoodie”.

Very much boot is ubiquitous in the UK, but I have heard frunk used a few times…
Sponsored