2.8.3 Awkward Install... But sure.. It works

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
To preface this, I installed BC via FDRS, so theoretically I didn't need the software updates, but 2 days ago I received 2.8.2 and yesterday I got 2.8.3.

The install for 2.8.2 was completely invisible to me. Car just told me when it was done.

2.8.3 I had no idea it was installing, but it made my car do some weird stuff. After the drive when it downloaded, I was on the phone, so I turned off the car's power but kept sitting there to continue my conversation. But as soon as I turned the car off, the APIM crashed (complete with the sound of static from the speakers) and rebooted itself. 60 seconds after rebooting it did the same thing again. At that point I just gave up and got out. When I got back in the car it told me 2.8.3 was successfully installed (it was only then that I realized what was going on). But when I drove the car, GPS, lane centering, and BC were all broken. After the car sat for a while, everything started working again. So... Did the software update technically work? Yes. But it was very weird and disconcerting.
Sponsored

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Mine was very similar to yours, I had BC via FDRS and then received 2.8.2 and 2.8.3 in the same day. I was not in the car during 2.8.3 like you were though.
My GPS was off for about a day, but it was days later, so not sure it was related to 2.8.3.

All is fine now and no further OTA.