2 dots of rust on passenger side, uneven driver door with front fender?

nuMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AWD
Occupation
eng tech
Country flag
rock chip for sure.
get a paint pen from the dealer.

check corrosion warranty - I thought I had a claim with VW on the bottom door seam.
Seams and welds not covered.
Basically a panel has to corrode from the inside out away from seams, spot welds, and more.

The door latch ... clean up with a toothbrush size wire brush, use art brush and a bit of paint to cover.

I consider this kinda thing owner maintenance and do it myself.

The door is a mystery. Somethings happened there.
If you spotted it new .. and its kinda obvious ... the dealer would have had to deal with it.
My Mach came with a couple small pits in paint where the tailgate closes. They were going to do a 2 day repair. Advised them to not bother ... way too minor for me to waste time dropping off and picking up. They gave me a paint pen which will come in handy in future. Rock chips are a part of life.
Sponsored

Last edited:

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2 dots of rust on passenger side, uneven driver door with front fender? 1694454088937

Note the corrosion policy. I don't know why they say no perforation needed on aluminum panels, but that's something to show the dealer. If you didn't go down the iron remover route.
(By the way when I did a full iron soak *at a car wash because it stinks like crazy) I had a LOT of iron sprinkled all over the car, some fairly large pieces on tops of the fenders. It's hard to fallout to fall on a vertical surface but trains have a way of making iron dust fly everywhere.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Oh and I found this little tidbit as well
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Warranty

(4) Your vehicle’s body sheet metal panels are covered for an extended Corrosion Coverage Period, which lasts for five years, regardless of miles driven. The extended warranty coverage only applies if a body sheet metal panel becomes perforated due to corrosion during normal use due to a manufacturing defect in factory-supplied materials or factory workmanship. If aluminum body panels have corrosion or rust damage, and the damage is not the result of abnormal usage, vehicle accident, customer actions and/or extreme environmental conditions, the corrosion or rust damage repairs are covered for 5 years, unlimited miles. For damage caused by airborne material (environmental fallout) where there is no factory-related defect involved and therefore no warranty − our policy is to provide free repair of paint damage due to the airborne material for 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first.
Sponsored