2 trips in a row with BAD directions from Nav!

Colorider

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD
Country flag
Two days in a row now I have received bad directions from the Nav system. Both destinations were places that I know but I was testing the nav. The first time wasn’t a huge deal—it told me that I got off at the wrong exit ramp and I should get back on the interstate. That would have worked but would have required backtracking vs the route that I was planning (which is the route Apple and Nissan GPS + city signage would tell me to go).

Today was even weirder. It instructed me to ignore a direct street, go to a divided highway, make an illegal U-turn on that divided highway, exit and come BACK almost all the way to the direct street it had me pass. I wanted to take a picture of the route because it was so bad but I couldn’t do it safely.

I wouldn’t say that it inspired a lot of confidence based those recommendations. Has anyone else had issues like this?
Sponsored

MachE2021

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Impala
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
My worst nav experience was when on a 250 mile road trip it wanted to make me drive an extra 100 miles and over 2 hours more just for a particular charge station for no apparent reason, despite this being in SoCal where the 250 mile trip involved passing literally dozens of ElectrifyAmerica charge stations off the freeway on the fastest route. I was like WTF?! Fortunately I just looked up a charge station 2/3 of the way there right off the freeway and just put the directions to go there and then from there to my destination. Most of the time it doesn’t do that but I still find it strange how the nav often will take me to a charge station 5-10 miles off the freeway when there’s countless other EA charge stations right off the freeway before and after that point.

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Yes, the nav really struggles. It was absolutely convinced the other day that a closed road (due to construction) was open. It just kept trying to force me that way. Fortunately my phone found some signal, went back to Android Auto and all well. The Ford nav just does not seem to stay super current.

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
Two days in a row now I have received bad directions from the Nav system. Both destinations were places that I know but I was testing the nav. The first time wasn’t a huge deal—it told me that I got off at the wrong exit ramp and I should get back on the interstate. That would have worked but would have required backtracking vs the route that I was planning (which is the route Apple and Nissan GPS + city signage would tell me to go).

Today was even weirder. It instructed me to ignore a direct street, go to a divided highway, make an illegal U-turn on that divided highway, exit and come BACK almost all the way to the direct street it had me pass. I wanted to take a picture of the route because it was so bad but I couldn’t do it safely.

I wouldn’t say that it inspired a lot of confidence based those recommendations. Has anyone else had issues like this?
We had a similar problem going to Las Vegas over the Memorial Day weekend. There was traffic outside of Barstow, CA in to Baker, CA and it was clearing up but the Ford NAV wanted me to go 150+ miles out of my way and stop for a charge! The time was longer even if there was worse traffic on the I-15... Plus the NAV would not update and accept you are going a certain way, it kept on trying to turn me around.

The 2nd issue we had was in North Las Vegas heading to our families house. The NAV had us get off the freeway and take city streets. Yeah it may have been slightly less distance but the time was over 30 minutes more than the freeway! I know how to get to their house without GPS but I assumed the NAV had a better route.
Sponsored