Mark David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Preiumn in DMG, AWD, ER and 1928 Model A Ford
Occupation
Retired Sales Representative
Country flag
I figured I would give an update on our 2021 Premium Extended Range AWD. My wife drives 80 miles a day for her commute to work across rural NY.

Ordered December 23, 2020, picked up from dealer in middle of July 2021. Just passed 20,500 miles and there is really nothing to report.

Did the glass recall in February, no complaints.
Ever since the dealer updates in Feb, PaaK has actually worked like a key fob.
Gas here has been at $4.30 a gallon for months, electricity here is 8.9 cents a kwh, no brainer in the $$$ department.

Range in depths of winter drops to about 160-180 miles.

Nothing else to really report, figured since most of the time people only post issues, wanted to report literally no issues. Best car I have ever owned.

Thanks for the update. It's always good to hear good news.

Our MME is to be ready for pickup on Thursday, 12 May. It's been a long wait, ordered date 8/5/2021. All the best.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Those of you at 20K+, how are your tires wearing? I'm at 12.3K, delivered 2/2021; already between 3 and 4/32-rotated 6 months ago. Will need to replace all four before the rainy monsoon season starts. We have pretty bad roads here in town, combined with hot weather in AZ and my driving style, I guess.

Ray
Select, Std Range, RWD.
I have over 37,000 miles on my car and right at 6/32" tread depth remaining at all four corners.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I figured I would give an update on our 2021 Premium Extended Range AWD. My wife drives 80 miles a day for her commute to work across rural NY.

Ordered December 23, 2020, picked up from dealer in middle of July 2021. Just passed 20,500 miles and there is really nothing to report.

Gas here has been at $4.30 a gallon for months, electricity here is 8.9 cents a kwh, no brainer in the $$$ department.

Nothing else to really report, figured since most of the time people only post issues, wanted to report literally no issues. Best car I have ever owned.
Thank you so much for sharing your Mach-E journey with us, Adam! We're thrilled to hear about your positive experience. :)

CT3

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Ford Flex
Occupation
Retirement
Country flag

At almost 5,000 miles it is the best!!!

Creaky

First Name
Bas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD SR
Occupation
Anything with a plug on it...
Country flag
Just hit 20,000 miles today. Best car ever, and several people who saw and drove ours now have Mach E's of their own.

There are occasional glitches in this computer on wheels. Sometimes PaaK doesn't work. Sometimes the audio goes silent and needs to be reset. I've gotten pretty good at opening the cover in the frunk and disconnecting the power - wish there were a way to reboot the car as a menu option, or by holding down the Start/Stop button.
There is, hold down the 'next track' and 'volume down' button/rocker on the steering wheel simultaneously for 10 seconds and the head unit/main screen will reboot. You can even do this safely while driving.

BTW, I've just put 10.000+ km on my RWD SR (delivered mid july 2021) without any problems apart from the occasional error message that goes away after a restart.

potatomobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Country flag
I was really happy with the car and convinced 2 of my friends to buy this car after I did, but now I regret it. This was my first Ford and at this point I think it'll be my last.

Full story:

Got mine July last year and it's already been at the dealer for a month now because after the recall service, the dealer's module update failed and the car is a 5000 lbs brick until that installs successfully. Every day they tell me they think they'll have it working by tomorrow, and every time the update just fails. Most recently it was because Ford's servers went down...

The dealer has been *great* but Ford really needs to get its act together on service (apparently there are very few field service engineers, and getting a response from the service hotline is basically a 24 hour turnaround) and on software (installing updates should not be such a complicated proposition).

All that just to warn folks that see this thread that a lot of folks may not have issues (and I was one of those until recently), but as soon as you do have issues, Ford doesn't seem to prioritize service enough to help you. The service rep told me they might be able to get Ford to pay for a month of my lease payment, but something like that shouldn't be a "might", it should be guaranteed.

I was really excited about this car and in my excitement ignored a lot of the horror stories from this forum, but now I'm wishing I didn't. Having problems is fine (and as a first gen car maybe even expected) but when there is a problem I think Ford should be doing everything it can to make the experience painless and fix it as quickly as possible like some other brands at this price point, but unfortunately they don't seem to have that mentality.

tl;dr: The car itself is great when it works (Ford really got a lot of stuff right), but don't ignore the horror stories on this forum

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Love hearing from the 20K club members. Mine's at 13K and doing great.

OP
OP
balataspin

balataspin

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Escape SEL, 2021 Mach - E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I have. Just waiting on some OTA updates. It's been a while and I'd love to start using Blue Cruise!

Same on the updates, I think I am a few behind, but I doubt Blue Cruise has ever even heard of most of the roads we drive on.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
Thanks for the good report. We just rolled over 21k on ours with an 1100 mile road trip. No "real" issues. By far my biggest complaints are all stupid choices on Ford's part: no external frunk access, compounding the skinny tire choice by using terrible Michelins, and terrible brake pad compounds (both the original and upgraded versions).

Silver Lake

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-250 , Honda Crosstour, Rapid Red AWD ER 7/15/21
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Thanks for the report. I am in Saranac Lake NY. Agree about the range drop in winter. Starting to see the rangeFord advertises now that temperatures are above 60 F. I also have been happy with the car.
We are in Ottawa this weekend, just to take a drive!
Got free charging at the North Country Welcome Center in the 1000 Islands, will only have to pay for one charge tomorrow at Electrify Canada in Ottawa to get home.

Rayw88

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Clinical Engineer
Country flag
I don't know that they have the track record yet, the EV6 is a good looking car, the ioniq 5 reminds me of a chevy chevette..
I used to drive a Chevette!! My first car, it could barely do 60 mph especially on an incline!! Now I have all the torque in the world and I only have the RWD select MachE!! So either Ioniq is retro or the Chevette was way ahead of it’s time? Or both!
Sponsored