cravacor

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME
Country flag
They look great! Of course, everyone wants to know if you have noticed range impact. I think there should definitely be a highway range impact. Did you find out how much they weigh? I assume you got 20 x 8.5, right?
This is what I really want to know. What was OP's mpkWh hit? My last ride (2016 Lincoln MKX) had massive 21" wheels with big sticky 45 series Pirellis. Awesome tires and wheels but heavy af and certainly not efficient.
Sponsored

cravacor

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME
Country flag
Mike is correct. (My name is also Mike, so I get a two for one!) It is really the tires you have to compare, not the wheels. 225/55 19 tires have a circumference of 2293.674859 mm (approximately ;-)). 245/45 20 tires have a circumference of 2288.648315 mm. Therefore circumference of the 20" tires is 99.78% of the 19" tires. Driving with the 20" tires: if your speedometer says you are going 100 mph, you will actually only be going 99.78 mph. Approximately. Your results may vary.
This.
If you get bigger rims you definitely want lower profile tires as well for several reasons.

cravacor

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME
Country flag
I don't think I'll buy them now. I'm not a fan of centering rings.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
After several delays including figuring out the fitment, MRR not shipping the centering rings, I finally got the FS06's put on yesterday and put 200 miles on them.

20210603_125955.jpg

wheels look great!
- Did you happen to weigh the wheels before you put tires on ?
- Can you confirm what the stock wheel bore is so I can order correct centering rings?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Would love some MRRs but unfortunately way out of my price range.
I got a set of Enkei ts-v, but haven't mounted them yet. Only 19.6#, and about $1000 for a set of 4.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
wheels look great!
- Can you confirm what the stock wheel bore is so I can order correct centering rings?
The stock center bore is 63.4mm (https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...fset-center-bore-load-rating-gvwr-table.3037/)

Mike is correct. (My name is also Mike, so I get a two for one!) It is really the tires you have to compare, not the wheels. 225/55 19 tires have a circumference of 2293.674859 mm (approximately ;-)). 245/45 20 tires have a circumference of 2288.648315 mm. Therefore circumference of the 20" tires is 99.78% of the 19" tires. Driving with the 20" tires: if your speedometer says you are going 100 mph, you will actually only be going 99.78 mph. Approximately. Your results may vary.
Remember that as your tire wears you can lose up to an inch (~25mm) of circumference (25mm assumes losing 5/32 from the tire tread). Having two sizes that are only 5mm apart is as close to identical as you'll ever get on an air-filled flexible rubber product with manufacturing tolerances, and that wears over time. There is probably more than 5mm circumference variation just between individual tires pulled off the rack at the shop.

I wouldn't even start thinking about the difference in circumference until it went over 2% from stock.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I got a set of Enkei ts-v, but haven't mounted them yet. Only 19.6#, and about $1000 for a set of 4.
The MME is a very heavy vehicle. Did you check the wheels to make sure they can handle the weight? When I was looking at aftermarket wheels, some of the lightest ones are rated too closely to the GVWR for my comfort, especially when I plan to do some hard driving.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
The MME is a very heavy vehicle. Did you check the wheels to make sure they can handle the weight? When I was looking at aftermarket wheels, some of the lightest ones are rated too closely to the GVWR for my comfort, especially when I plan to do some hard driving.
Yes I contacted e n k i e directly and I have to look it up but they said the tsv would be fine for the MMA vehicle weight

OP
OP
MSP Mach E

MSP Mach E

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium, 2013 Brammo Empulse R
Country flag
wheels look great!
Sorry I didn't weight them...

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Sorry I didn't weight them...
Too bad, it seems that this manufacturer like many of the others hesitate to post actual wheel weight for some reason.

MRR Wheels

First Name
carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang
Occupation
Sales Manager
Country flag
Too bad, it seems that this manufacturer like many of the others hesitate to post actual wheel weight for some reason.
Actually our weights are listed however we dont advertise them as the weight listed is for the blank wheel with the lowest off set, The FS01 and FS06 wheels are both tailored custom rotary forged wheels meaning you can order any off set you may want, the higher the off set the more aluminum is removed from the back pad and causes the wheel to be lighter, this current set up was a 20x8.5 with a high off set which we estimate to be about 26.3lb per wheel.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Actually our weights are listed however we dont advertise them as the weight listed is for the blank wheel with the lowest off set, The FS01 and FS06 wheels are both tailored custom rotary forged wheels meaning you can order any off set you may want, the higher the off set the more aluminum is removed from the back pad and causes the wheel to be lighter, this current set up was a 20x8.5 with a high off set which we estimate to be about 26.3lb per wheel.
What we all want to see is the weight for the wheels we plan to use, with the factory offset, or adjusted appropriately if width is increased

MACHESON

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
co director
Country flag
After several delays including figuring out the fitment, MRR not shipping the centering rings, I finally got the FS06's put on yesterday and put 200 miles on them.

I LOVE THEM!!!! The Mustang is a completely different car. In a GREAT way in my opinion...

I thought the Mustang drove and handled great for what it was, a Crossover/SUV. With the MRR's and the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's, it feels and handles a lot more like a Mustang. The SUViness is gone!!! The tire and wheel combo has "stiffened" things up and taken some of the SUV "bounciness" we have all felt out of the ride.

I drove the same stretch of uneven crappy MN highway where the frequency of the car would be slightly off and "bounce" through it. The new set-up "thuds" through it like a performance suspension does. You could tell the rebound on the wheels has changed.

The slight roll I felt corning has been dissipated so dramatically it's almost gone. Everything on the car is way tighter!!! It feels like the suspension likes the wheels better than the OE's combo.

After I get some more miles on them and having some of my buddies that know the intricacies of ride dynamics better than I do, I'll report back with some better feedback and picks.

20210603_143410.jpg

20210603_143324.jpg

20210603_125955.jpg

I LOVE THEM!!!! The Mustang is a completely different car. In a GREAT way in my opinion...

I thought the Mustang drove and handled great for what it was, a Crossover/SUV. With the MRR's and the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's, it feels and handles a lot more like a Mustang. The SUViness is gone!!! The tire and wheel combo has "stiffened" things up and taken some of the SUV "bounciness" we have all felt out of the ride.

I drove the same stretch of uneven crappy MN highway where the frequency of the car would be slightly off and "bounce" through it. The new set-up "thuds" through it like a performance suspension does. You could tell the rebound on the wheels has changed.

The slight roll I felt corning has been dissipated so dramatically it's almost gone. Everything on the car is way tighter!!! It feels like the suspension likes the wheels better than the OE's combo.

After I get some more miles on them and having some of my buddies that know the intricacies of ride dynamics better than I do, I'll report back with some better feedback and picks.

20210603_143410.jpg

20210603_143324.jpg

20210603_125955.jpg
HI
Wheels look sharp, can you tell me what grill you have fitted to your MME please
thanks