fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
I think they look badass. The wheels and the tires. I'd be interestd in getting the exact same thing.
Sponsored

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex. Ford Mustang
Occupation
Vehicle modifier
Country flag
Fallguy...there are parts to make more sets if you are interested. Just let me know and I can help you.
Thanks
Darren

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
I like the look of those. I don't mind being the copy cat. You can PM me a price if you dont want to put it on here.

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
19 vs 20 diameter is a difference of just over 5%. It works out to closer to 53 rotations per mile. My math gets me 1061 rotations with 19" vs. 1008 with 20".

Another way to think of it is if the car reports 70mph on the speedometer you would really be doing closer to 74mph.
Um 19 and 20 are the diameters of the rims. Has nothing to do with the outside diameter of the tires.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Um 19 and 20 are the diameters of the rims. Has nothing to do with the outside diameter of the tires.
But even at that ... it's a significant difference. So 20" rims to only differ by 3 rotations per mile would mean that the tires have a much lower profile sidewall. This makes me wonder why bother with them?

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
But even at that ... it's a significant difference. So 20" rims to only differ by 3 rotations per mile would mean that the tires have a much lower profile sidewall. This makes me wonder why bother with them?
Basically that is the whole point. When people change wheels and tires on cars, they are generally trying to maintain the same outside diameter (or very close, with in 2% or so).

In some cases they might be trying to change the diameter as well, but that usually implies that you are more actively modifying the car (going to a significantly larger diameter would require modifications to the suspension and fender wells).

But basically everyone here is talking about keeping the same outside diameter, meaning yes, going from a 19" wheel to a 20" wheel means reducing the sidewall height. This has pros and cons - pros include more precise handling and better appearance (subjective). Cons include stiffer/harsher ride and higher weight.

On a tire size, such as 225/55-R19, the 225 is the width of the tread (225mm), the 55 is the aspect ratio (sidewall height / tread width), and the R19 means a 19" nominal rim. So if you look at the tire sizes people are choosing with the 20" and 22" wheels, you'll tend to see the aspect ratio number dropping, indicating narrower sidewalls.

Hope this helps!

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Many have asked, so here it is. Next set of FS06 almost ready for the FEDEX truck. We did 20x8.5 front and rear.
If you need wheels, I can help.

Thanks
Darren
Decent, but the Enkie TS-V in 18x8-1/2 weigh 19.5#
they are 700kg load rated, so that should be fine for the MME

... 6# less per wheel is pretty significant for my top priority which was to reduce wheel weight.

I decided to stick with stock diameter because I do NOT want lower profile tires for normal street driving mostly because Santa Fe has a fair amount of potholes, bad pavement, dirt roads, etc.

cravacor

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME
Country flag
Many have asked, so here it is. Next set of FS06 almost ready for the FEDEX truck. We did 20x8.5 front and rear.
If you need wheels, I can help.

Thanks
Darren

Ford Mustang Mach-E 20" MRR FS06 Wheels on Mach-E first Impressions - BUY THEM NOW!!!!! IMG_1416
I thought OP said these require centering rings? These appear to have the correct bolt pattern cast into the wheel.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I thought OP said these require centering rings? These appear to have the correct bolt pattern cast into the wheel.
centric rings are for the bore size, not the bolt pattern..... many aftermarket mfg turn their wheels with the largest likely bore to match all vehicles, and require centric rings to be added before mounting to be SURE wheels are well centered when mounted.

The wheels I got for instance had a 72.6mm bore, and the MME has a 63.4mm hub dia, so you have to order rings. You can get plastic, or aluminum. AL presumably better as they will last better with repeat removal/install of the wheel and not deform with heat from hard braking.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
If your wheel center bore is not the same as the OD of the hub, the weight of the wheel rests on the lug nuts. That is not how the wheel/hub assembly is designed to work. The weight of the vehicle should be supported by the hub as well as the studs/lug nuts. The rings are necessary adapters which create the hub-centric condition for a wheel that wasn’t designed specifically for a given application.

OP
OP
MSP Mach E

MSP Mach E

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium, 2013 Brammo Empulse R
Country flag
Some wheel shots I had done this week...

DSCF7316.jpg

DSCF7322.jpg

cravacor

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME
Country flag
If your wheel center bore is not the same as the OD of the hub, the weight of the wheel rests on the lug nuts. That is not how the wheel/hub assembly is designed to work. The weight of the vehicle should be supported by the hub as well as the studs/lug nuts. The rings are necessary adapters which create the hub-centric condition for a wheel that wasn’t designed specifically for a given application.
Thank you, I knew that at one time.

Dear1nc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Country flag
Looks pretty awesome! Did you consider going 21 or 22"? I still feel the 20's look too small...
Sponsored