Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
After several weeks of not driving my 911 (I was enjoying the MME) I took the car to play golf and then spend 4 hours in on country roads in Orange County NY And thought I would compare the two.

I will leave out any comparison on handling. Wouldn’t be fair and I still have OEM tires and haven’t upgraded front sway bar on the MME.

suspension:

on well paved roads the cars were pretty comparable, very enjoyable. No bumps no issues.

country roads that haven’t been paved in a while, they are both stiff, the 911 doesn’t have much bounce whereas most of us have experienced the MME bounciness.

comfort in rear seats of MME are horrible as I have been told by passengers. Still probably better than the 911, LOL

accelration:

both cars accelerate well, the 911 is faster yet the MME felt faster.

MME was quicker off the line, acceleration was so smooth and can be jarring

from 0-20 or so 911 is just so-so, after that it is like a rocket. More torque at the higher end.

I liked the MME better for overall acceleration and the 911 for accelerating at speeds around 40. It does take a second for the engine to kick in and then downshift but when it does it is incredible.

Sound

inside the car, MME wins hands down, no noise
constant noise in the 911 but the exhaust sound during acceleration is fantastic, can’t beat it. EVs are the future but will miss the sound of ICE exhaust on the right cars.

outside

fit in finish is good in both cars
I have heard the Porsche paint is soft, I really have no idea but it does seem the MME paint scratches easily.

Interior

hard to compare. The 911 is leather. the car is pretty basic inside like most German cars.

I do like the the interior of the MME. It does seem like the interior panels on the doors may not hold up as they are already looking a little worn after only 7500 miles. I don’t know what I am doing to them but they are fading and the car is always garaged at home.

general

I have had the 911 for 6 years and purchased it when it was 2 years old. Nothing has gone wrong with the car (I know it won’t start tomorrow). It still has the original battery. I will swap out the battery next spring. The car only has 28k miles.

summer tires don’t last long on this car especially the rear. Maintenance is not cheap but I have an independent shop do the work so it’s half the price of a dealership.

Mache E is too new to compare, so far I haven’t had any major issues.

tech

not much to compare , the 911 doesn’t have much and even if it did it would be behind the MME. After some suggestion from Forum members, PAAK works all the time. After 1 problem with Apple Car play all is well again and it always works. A few OTA updates have come.

Overall

I like the MME more than I thought. I was driving my Macan about 6500 miles a year before I traded it in for the MME. After 6 months I have 7500 on the Mustang. I haven’t been driving the 911 much since I bought the Mach E.

I wish I could trust Ford more but that’s hard to do. Every day I wait for the Mach E to be bricked. I want a real recall on the HVBJB.

that and fixing the suspension are most on my mind but I do have to admit, I like the car a lot.

I do a fair amount of travel of 250 miles one way and wish there were more charging stations available on certain routes, Like Boca Raton to Tampa, charging is pretty limited going across the state.

would I buy the car again? If the Macan was electrified, I probably would have opted for that assuming the price was somewhat reasonable. If I had known then what I know now, I would have gotten the GTPE for the better suspension.
Sponsored