Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 AWD(OLD), Ford Raptor
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Hello all,

A little backstory - Last year in May of 2020 I sold my Tesla due to a number of quality and service issues. Never going back to Tesla again. I was really interested in a Mach E, but they weren't out yet.

I decided on going in a completely different direction, getting a Ford F150 Raptor. Paid $69k out the door. Present day value with the shortages is $80k retail. I just read an article that the new 2021 raptors are going up a minimum of $7.7k over the 2020's and they will be sold out/sold well over MSRP when they come this summer( if they do. )

I could not imagine going without another truck, so if I were to sell it I'd have to replace it with another truck. What are you all's thoughts on it? I really love the truck and would hate to get rid of it. My plan originally was to purchase the truck with the Tesla, and use the truck for truck stuff and keep the EV for daily driving and economy.

Any thoughts? Any good ideas? I'm looking at it from a win-win scenario - sell my truck for a nice profit and maybe other opportunities are out there for vehicles? IDK
Sponsored

Lilmags500

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACH E GT PERFORMANCE (ORDERED)
Occupation
Ford wholesale parts sales
Country flag
I would keep it if financially feasible for you to do so .... the wife and I have a 2019 f350 , 2019 escape , 2016 Shelby , and a 2011 mini cooper s , I couldn't imagine not having my truck though , if everything had to go , I would still keep the truck above all . Besides the fact , Raptors are the BOMB !

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
You had me at "never going back to Tesla again"

Personally, I'd keep the truck. Sure, you could make some gains there, but for my dollar, I'd rather just have the bad ass truck in my possession, unless you can flip the profit for a cheaper entry price on a similar truck, but that's a lot of hassle.

OP
OP
mark360

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Shop around for another truck. When you see the availability and prices....you will probably keep your Raptor. ?
So far that has been the case

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
Hello all,

A little backstory - Last year in May of 2020 I sold my Tesla due to a number of quality and service issues. Never going back to Tesla again. I was really interested in a Mach E, but they weren't out yet.

I decided on going in a completely different direction, getting a Ford F150 Raptor. Paid $69k out the door. Present day value with the shortages is $80k retail. I just read an article that the new 2021 raptors are going up a minimum of $7.7k over the 2020's and they will be sold out/sold well over MSRP when they come this summer( if they do. )

I could not imagine going without another truck, so if I were to sell it I'd have to replace it with another truck. What are you all's thoughts on it? I really love the truck and would hate to get rid of it. My plan originally was to purchase the truck with the Tesla, and use the truck for truck stuff and keep the EV for daily driving and economy.

Any thoughts? Any good ideas? I'm looking at it from a win-win scenario - sell my truck for a nice profit and maybe other opportunities are out there for vehicles? IDK
Raptor's hold their value and Gen1 Raptor's are once again going UP in price... like everything else sure but far more than other cars.

Yes you will make some money off the Raptor now but good luck finding another one cheap... you will pay a premium just like how you are getting a premium for selling it.

I got a quote from Carvana for my well used Raptor and the price was laughably high! 36k for a 2013 Raptor with 124k on and my Raptor is by far no street queen! It is modified and used for off-road events 6-8 times a year!

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2020 Ford Raptor, Sell or not to sell? IMG_6612

I did consider selling it for that price but there is no way I can get in to another Raptor (I want to stick with a Gen1) for less than 40k and then I have to start the modifications all over. Plus while my Raptor is used its super clean and super reliable so I see no need to get rid of it.

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
Raptors are keepers, thus my vote goes to keeping it!

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Well looks like now you gotta put a reservation down on the F150 Lightning in a couple of weeks and keep your Raptor until at least that ships!

OP
OP
mark360

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Well looks like now you gotta put a reservation down on the F150 Lightning in a couple of weeks and keep your Raptor until at least that ships!
Great Idea! When does it open up?

Reactions: ARK

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I was pricing F150s this weekend. I think I could sell my 2017 for about what I paid for it....crazy. But since I really have to have a truck, I wouldn't gain anything.

greenaero

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MME gray , Mazda Cx5, Honda CBR250R
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Country flag
Sounds like you like the Raptor a lot but the new F150 Lightning sounds very cool too. Decisions, decisions ... please let us know what you decide.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I've posted this before, but it still fits:

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2020 Ford Raptor, Sell or not to sell? IMG_2659.PNG
Sponsored