Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Is anybody else driven crazy by Ford's photo of the ice chest in the frunk? Clearly that doesn't fit there. Are they trying to insinuate that the frunk can be an ice chest as well. They should have a photo of it filled with ice and drinks, maybe outside a stadium or something. I haven't seen that yet. That would be an eye catcher. But really, the frunk ain't gonna close fellas.
Yeah, I noticed that when I saw it, too. Marketing guys
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I guess you don't understand the irony: Ford are touting that you can put a cooler in the Frunk, but the cooler they show is too big to fit in the frunk. The hood will clearly not close. It's funny.. well at least for some

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I guess you don't understand the irony: Ford are touting that you can put a cooler in the Frunk, but the cooler they show is too big to fit in the frunk. The hood will clearly not close. It's funny.. well at least for some
Are you sure?
Yes from the pic it appears that the cooler sits above the hole its in but you can't be sure of how much clearance there is between the top of that hole and the bottom of the hood.

I would agree that it looks like it won't fit, but looks can be deceiving.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
Correct amundo. For me...funny.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are you sure?
Yes from the pic it appears that the cooler sits above the hole its in but you can't be sure of how much clearance there is between the top of that hole and the bottom of the hood.

That is true but you can follow the seal of the opening and it pretty clearly won’t fit. But seriously it can hold ice. You don’t need an ice chest. Fill it with ice and party.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Are you sure?

Of course I am not sure - but as you can see it very much looks like the edge of the cooler sticks pretty far over the edge. It may fit, but to the average person it seems to disprove their assertion - which is amusing funny not ROTFLMAO funny. It's no big deal and not worth starting a whole thing over.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
That is true but you can follow the seal of the opening and it pretty clearly won’t fit. But seriously it can hold ice. You don’t need an ice chest. Fill it with ice and party.
While it can hold ice, is the frunk insulated like the cooler is? If not the ice may be melted by the time you get where you are going.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
While it can hold ice, is the frunk insulated like the cooler is? If not the ice may be melted by the time you get where you are going.
I remember hearing internally that a foam insert was being developed for the frunk. Don't remember if this was going to be a Ford product offering or aftermarket collaboration.

Last edited:

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, couple of things. One, Ford did do what I suggested, which is show pictures with ice and soda, shrimp?, etc. directly in the frunk. However, two, I was wrong and JamieGeek was right about the ice chest. The frunk lid is deeper than I thought it would be and from this photo, it appears the chest would fit. So, Mea Culpa.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E: Technical Specs, Info, Wallpapers, Photos, Videos Ice Frunk