First Name
Joel
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicles
None
Country flag
To be clear, the youtuber linked is a Ford employee so any review you're waiting for is not unbiased.

OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

Reaction score
Vehicles
Fiesta
Country flag
If that's true, it's disappointing that he posts review videos of other brands.

Edit: Joel's right, Mechonomist is a Ford employee. OK, so we need to be on the lookout for the true, first ride by a non-Ford employee. :)

Last edited:

benboy12

Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I like shots of people sitting inside the car. Gives you a good idea of interior space.

SD_Solar

Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV ---2019 Leaf SL + 2020 First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
In this crazy new age where you can be one of about 6 different sex types depending on your current mood --- it is good to see an individual that actually looks like a hairy male. :)

jlauro

First Name
John
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicles
Charger R/T AWD, Rav4, future Mach-E
Country flag
I like that some people are getting to drive something. It increases the chances that I might have an opportunity before the deadline on FE....

Brutusfly

First Name
Brutus
Reaction score
First Name
Brutus
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Country flag
Wait... notice how light the dash top is in the original post? And look at the color of the A pillars. That is very different from the Ford order pages.
I just can't stand a non-black dash top. I don't like light colored A pillars either. They reflect in the windshield when sunlit. The lighter the shade the more contrast that is lost on a sunny day.

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 10.58.04 AM.png

eager2own

Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Wait... notice how light the dash top is in the original post? And look at the color of the A pillars. That is very different from the Ford order pages.
I just can't stand a non-black dash top. I don't like light colored A pillars either. They reflect in the windshield when sunlit. The lighter the shade the more contrast that is lost on a sunny day.

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 10.58.04 AM.png
I don’t think these renderings were truly accurate. For example, look at the bezel around the two displays — it is much sleeker and narrower in the renderings than it is in actual vehicle photos.

Brutusfly

First Name
Brutus
Reaction score
First Name
Brutus
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Country flag
I don’t think these renderings were truly accurate. For example, look at the bezel around the two displays — it is much sleeker and narrower in the renderings than it is in actual vehicle photos.
If so, I must wonder what our final build will look like. It's a pretty big deal for me. (My profession has tweaked my visual perception)

Brutusfly

First Name
Brutus
Reaction score
First Name
Brutus
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Country flag
This photo from ReturnOfTheMac...makes me wonder if the Space Gray dash top looks black in person or medium gray as in this photo.

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 11.57.26 AM.png

Brutusfly

First Name
Brutus
Reaction score
First Name
Brutus
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Country flag
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/ibimg/hgm/1920x1080-1/100/724/2021-ford-mustang-mach-e_100724858.jpg
I guess it's very gray unfortunately. If they don't change it for production, then that is a design mistake on Ford's part. I guess I would buy some not-too-tacky black dash mat to lay up there.
Imagine how bad it would be in the worst case scenario: The sun is beaming strait down on your dash as you approach a tunnel entrance and the reflection of your dashboard is all you can see superimposed ahead of you.