Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Great news! Ford has just confirmed the upgraded power and torque figures we first brought to you in a dealer leak earlier this year!

ALL-ELECTRIC FORD MUSTANG MACH-E GETS UPGRADED HORSEPOWER AND TORQUE AS U.S. ORDER BANKS OPEN

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E Gets Upgraded Horsepower and Torque on All Models (Up to 346 HP / 258kW & 428 LB-FT)! 2021-mache-upgraded-horsepower-torque-all-models

DEARBORN, Mich., June 30, 2020 – The all-electric Mustang Mach-E isn’t a Mustang in name only – and we’ll let the horses do the talking.

Order banks are now open in the U.S., and reservation holders are now being invited to convert their reservations to official orders for the latest addition to the Mustang stable.

Ford also is confirming updated performance specs following recent charging and driver-assist technology news – adding up to a convenient, stress-free Mach-E ownership experience with the exhilaration expected of Mustang. Specifically:
  • Extended-range all-wheel-drive Mach-E will deliver 346 horsepower/258 kilowatts and 428 lb.-ft. of torque, up from previous estimates of 332 horsepower/240 kilowatts and 417 lb.-ft., right out of the gate – with a targeted 0-60-mph time in the mid-5-second range*
  • Extended-range rear-wheel-drive models will produce 290 horsepower/216 kilowatts and 317 lb.-ft., up from 282 horsepower/210 kilowatts and 306 lb.-ft.*
  • Standard-range all-wheel-drive models will pump out 266 horsepower/198 kilowatts and 428 lb.-ft., up from 255 horsepower/190 kilowatts and 417 lb.-ft.*
  • Standard-range rear-wheel-drive models will deliver 266 horsepower/198 kilowatts and 317 lb.-ft., up from 255 horsepower/190 kilowatts and 306 lb.-ft.*
“We remain dedicated to delivering on the promise of the Mustang name,” said Ron Heiser, Mustang Mach-E chief program engineer. “These better-than-estimated performance figures show that our team is squeezing every last bit of performance out of this vehicle so that it not only delivers Mustang style but Mustang soul as well.”

Mustang style and performance is what lured Detroit businessman Keith Simmons to pre-order an all-new Mach-E. With two Porsches in his garage, Simmons likes sleek, upscale styling – with a healthy punch of power. There was something about an all-electric Mustang Mach-E GT in Shadow Black that called to him.

“I’ve been thinking about going electric for a while,” said Simmons. “I like being first on the block to get something new. Mach-E has convinced me to make the jump to all-electric; I saw an announcement that it was coming out and particularly liked the styling, so I made a deposit to purchase one and can’t wait to get my hands on it.”

Ford engineers have used 3D simulations – the same tool Ford Performance uses to develop race cars – to ensure Mach-E has the ride quality and driving dynamics expected of a Mustang. On top of virtual hot laps, engineers put Mustang Mach-E’s all-wheel-drive system to the test in extremely cold and hazardous conditions at Smithers Winter Test Center in northern Michigan.

Place your order for the all-new Mustang Mach-E here. The all-electric Mustang starts hitting the streets in the U.S. near the end of the year.

UPDATED TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS SHEET
(
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PDF)

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E Gets Upgraded Horsepower and Torque on All Models (Up to 346 HP / 258kW & 428 LB-FT)! Mach-E-Tech-Specs-1
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E Gets Upgraded Horsepower and Torque on All Models (Up to 346 HP / 258kW & 428 LB-FT)! Mach-E-Tech-Specs-2
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E Gets Upgraded Horsepower and Torque on All Models (Up to 346 HP / 258kW & 428 LB-FT)! Mach-E-Tech-Specs-3

Attachments

Last edited:

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
I didn't see any range numbers. Now that people are buying, when will we know range? 300+ would be nice!

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
I didn't see any range numbers. Now that people are buying, when will we know range? 300+ would be nice!
They are at the top of the updated specifications and pdf. No change from previous from 210-300 depending on model and battery.

horsevxi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser, 01 Cobra, 86 SVO, Mach E GT
Country flag
If you look at the connected vehicle section of the spec sheet, the GT model says that it gets "Next Generation Sync 4a" while all of the other models just say "Sync 4a".

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
The configuration shows the GT at 250 range. Wasn't that lower a while back?

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
The configuration shows the GT at 250 range. Wasn't that lower a while back?
No. It's always been 250.
Where there's been some confusion is in that the GT with Performance package has lower range of 235, which is what some have quoted for the GT.

Where Ford is a little tricky here is that they pick and choose specs. They list the range of the GT without performance package (250 miles) but the estimated acceleration of the GT with performance package or "with optional equipment shown" (mid 3-second range).

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
No. It's always been 250.
Where there's been some confusion is in that the GT with Performance package has lower range of 235, which is what some have quoted for the GT.

Where Ford is a little tricky here is that they pick and choose specs. They list the range of the GT without performance package (250 miles) but the estimated acceleration of the GT with performance package or "with optional equipment shown" (mid 3-second range).
The GT Performance package has some things which may negatively affect the range. Magneride constantly uses power to adjust the damping and the forged wheels don't look particularly aero. It's also possible that tire size on the GT Performance is different than the regular GT.

My hope *fingers crossed* is that Ford is using the massive time gap between now and Late Summer 2021 to close the performance gap with the Model Y Performance. Tesla has benchmarked itself since March 2020 with 280mi of range and 3.5s 0-60 mph. Ford now knows what the target is and should be making adjustments to get there.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
its a matter of time they announce range has been improved too...they are just building to it!! they are proving they can make improvements just like Tesla....nicely done

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It is important to also get actual acceleration times as well as range/efficiency. The Bolt does 0-60 in 6.3 seconds, so it would be nice if a car with "the soul of a mustang" did better than "low 6 seconds" (SR RWD) and "mid 6 seconds" (ER RWD).

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
The GT Performance option comes with the forged wheels shown at the reveal last fall so I doubt they will get near the same range as the MY with the Uberturbine wheels. The forged wheels look so much better so I am willing to take the hit. All I need is 200+ miles since this will be my city driver. You say 235 miles, I say 940 quarter miles :D

From the dealer brochure, the GT options are both 20". The dealer brochure shows the standard GT wheels without the aero cover but my reservation for the GT shows the covers on (see my profile pic). I will upgrade to the performance package when it become available.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
The GT Performance option comes with the forged wheels shown at the reveal last fall so I doubt they will get near the same range as the MY with the Uberturbine wheels. The forged wheels look so much better so I am willing to take the hit. All I need is 200+ miles since this will be my city driver. You say 235 miles, I say 940 quarter miles :D

From the dealer brochure, the GT options are both 20". The dealer brochure shows the standard GT wheels without the aero cover but my reservation for the GT shows the covers on (see my profile pic). I will upgrade to the performance package when it become available.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E Gets Upgraded Horsepower and Torque on All Models (Up to 346 HP / 258kW & 428 LB-FT)! Capture.JPG
I love those forged wheels. However, I’m afraid Ford is going to nickel and dime us with options on the GT and I will be priced out of the performance package.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
It is important to also get actual acceleration times as well as range/efficiency. The Bolt does 0-60 in 6.3 seconds, so it would be nice if a car with "the soul of a mustang" did better than "low 6 seconds" (SR RWD) and "mid 6 seconds" (ER RWD).
Several mustangs take over 10 seconds to get 0-60....
A little google came up with: https://themustangsource.com/how-tos/slideshows/6-slowest-mustangs-over-the-years-446045
Some look ok, but I would argue at least that 1979 one looks less like a mustang than the 4 door mach e...

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
I love those forged wheels. However, I’m afraid Ford is going to nickel and dime us with options on the GT and I will be priced out of the performance package.
For my calculation I am assuming Ford will price the GT Performance Edition slightly below the MY Performance (after the tax credit). On the plus-side Tesla dropped the prices on all models recently except for the Y, so I think it's reasonable to expect a price drop in the next year. With that assumption, maybe an extra $5k max for the GT PE?

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
For my calculation I am assuming Ford will price the GT Performance Edition slightly below the MY Performance (after the tax credit). On the plus-side Tesla dropped the prices on all models recently except for the Y, so I think it's reasonable to expect a price drop in the next year. With that assumption, maybe an extra $5k max for the GT PE?
Yeah that wouldn’t be terrible. However, Ford recently updated their technical specs to remove some features that were assumed to be standard (B&O sound system, memory seats, etc.) and now says TBA. I’m a little nervous that the GT will be equipped similar to a select and a the convenience options will drive up the price another $5k. However, maybe Ford will end up lowering the base price of the GT to account for this.
Sponsored