hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Thanks for this. It takes a lot of hard work and we appreciate our efforts being recognized.
These appear to be mock up screens but I didn’t notice any information about entering AXZ plan PIN/pricing? Any ideas about that?

I’m guessing that the final version of the online process has to include a way to enter your AXZ plan information.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
These appear to be mock up screens but I didn’t notice any information about entering AXZ plan PIN/pricing? Any ideas about that?

I’m guessing that the final version of the online process has to include a way to enter your AXZ plan information.
Yeah I also noticed the plans missing. And definitely true on the mock ups. They show what looks like @jhalkias's red Mustang (it even says John next to it), but they call it a "2020 Select!"

Also missing:

I need to test drive the car before I commit to purchasing it. I don't see any reason why that's not allowed, but it isn't discussed at all in any of the screen shots we've seen so far.

I want to negotiate my trade. I think that bringing it to them in person will get me a better value than an online form, especially when I let them know they're competing against other offers (Carvana, Carmax, Autotrader KBB Instant Offer).

I want to redeem and/or earn FordPass Rewards points.

I want to place as much of the deposit on credit cards as they will allow.

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
Hope this isn't too far off topic, but we just sold our explorer on a site called Shift. I don't know of how available it is in different regions, but since I am in LA it is definitely different than most areas. We filled out all the info about the car and they gave an online estimate. Then they came to our house to do an in person review of what we said vs their own appraisal. They drove the car away after we signed the paperwork. It was a little silly watching them drive away without getting paid right away, but within 72 hours we got paid.

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
Hope this isn't too far off topic, but we just sold our explorer on a site called Shift. I don't know of how available it is in different regions, but since I am in LA it is definitely different than most areas. We filled out all the info about the car and they gave an online estimate. Then they came to our house to do an in person review of what we said vs their own appraisal. They drove the car away after we signed the paperwork. It was a little silly watching them drive away without getting paid right away, but within 72 hours we got paid.
we have had replies with cat and dog pictures so if you even start a word with "car" you are just fine :)

Did you have some back and forth on the price or just accept what they offered in person?

Last edited:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Yeah I also noticed the plans missing. And definitely true on the mock ups. They show what looks like @jhalkias's red Mustang (it even says John next to it), but they call it a "2020 Select!"

Also missing:

I need to test drive the car before I commit to purchasing it. I don't see any reason why that's not allowed, but it isn't discussed at all in any of the screen shots we've seen so far.

I want to negotiate my trade. I think that bringing it to them in person will get me a better value than an online form, especially when I let them know they're competing against other offers (Carvana, Carmax, Autotrader KBB Instant Offer).

I want to redeem and/or earn FordPass Rewards points.

I want to place as much of the deposit on credit cards as they will allow.
There doesn’t seem to be anything that would prevent you from doing exactly what you’re proposing. That’s why this may very well be a win-win. If I never have to see a dealer again (for anything) in my life, it’ll be too soon. This is a huge step in the right direction.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Maybe I am in the minority, but since I already chose a dealer and have been working with the guy I have no interest in more changes in the process or more half-assed web code. I have no reason to fear the dealer because I already know the price of the car (X-plan), and I have no interest in going through a continuation of this mixed-mode online/dealer/ford helpline crap. The dealer will have the test drive units, will be the one delivering the car, and also has to file the paperwork like registration, NJ rebate & sales tax exemption. Things are far less likely to turn into a fiasco dealing with the same contact for everything rather than telling the dealer to call the helpline or vice-versa.

Ford isn't Tesla, and this Mach Drop mess just proves that they aren't ready for online sales. How many of you jumped through hoops and constant back-and-forth with the hotline, your ford.com account, and your dealer and are still in the dark? How many still have no idea which car (or how many) you actually ordered?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Maybe I am in the minority, but since I already chose a dealer and have been working with the guy I have no interest in more changes in the process or more half-assed web code. I have no reason to fear the dealer because I already know the price of the car (X-plan), and I have no interest in going through a continuation of this mixed-mode online/dealer/ford helpline crap. The dealer will have the test drive units, will be the one delivering the car, and also has to file the paperwork like registration, NJ rebate & sales tax exemption. Things are far less likely to turn into a fiasco dealing with the same contact for everything rather than telling the dealer to call the helpline or vice-versa.

Ford isn't Tesla, and this Mach Drop mess just proves that they aren't ready for online sales. How many of you jumped through hoops and constant back-and-forth with the hotline, your ford.com account, and your dealer and are still in the dark? How many still have no idea which car (or how many) you actually ordered?
That's all well and fine for those who have decent dealers. I don't. I also have no choice in the matter, there is one in this county. I welcome the opportunity to do as little as possible with the dealer. And given their interest in the MME so far, I'm pretty certain they couldn't care less about the car and it's buyers as well. Absent a recall or warranty work, the last time they will see my MME is when I drive it away.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I am willing to bet people will get to do it the way they want to. I sell insurance and people can buy it online 100% or they can call us on the phone, or they can email with questions and complete things that way, and we also have folks that want to do everything in person.
We will accommodate folks anyway they want to work with us. Everyone has a different comfort level and companies need to be flexible enough to meet their customer's requirements. That's just the reality of life these days. There is so much information out online it is foolish to think that people can be forced to do things one way. Any company that wants to push people to do it one way only will see people fleeing to other companies.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I am willing to bet people will get to do it the way they want to. I sell insurance and people can buy it online 100% or they can call us on the phone, or they can email with questions and complete things that way, and we also have folks that want to do everything in person.
@EVBite has been confirming your bet over in a reddit discussion:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
@EVBite has been confirming your bet over in a reddit discussion:
In many states that's not even legal though. Tesla already went through this battle. And for Ford it would be even tougher because Tesla was able to get away with direct sales in some states only because they had no dealerships at all (like Ford would still have).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_US_dealership_disputes

But in some states, 100% direct auto sales is legal. Perhaps that's what the tweet is referring to.

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
In many states that's not even legal though. Tesla already went through this battle. And for Ford it would be even tougher because Tesla was able to get away with direct sales in some states only because they had no dealerships at all (like Ford would still have).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_US_dealership_disputes

But in some states, 100% direct auto sales is legal. Perhaps that's what the tweet is referring to.
If it does happen every part/paper work will have to go through the selected dealer

Njia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape Hybrid, Mach-E Prem/AWD/Standard Battery
Country flag
All well and good, but I agree with the comment that we need to be able to enter A/X/Z Plan PIN code information to calculate the selling price. And, frankly, unless Ford gets serious about financing through Ford Options, the company can pound sand. $850/month is what the website is currently quoting using the Financing Calculator. I understand it's still early, but if by December Ford hasn't made it clear that they intend to offer competitive lease rates to Tesla on the Model Y, I will certainly not be getting a MME.

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
All well and good, but I agree with the comment that we need to be able to enter A/X/Z Plan PIN code information to calculate the selling price. And, frankly, unless Ford gets serious about financing through Ford Options, the company can pound sand. $850/month is what the website is currently quoting using the Financing Calculator. I understand it's still early, but if by December Ford hasn't made it clear that they intend to offer competitive lease rates to Tesla on the Model Y, I will certainly not be getting a MME.
Ford Options is not a lease, so it's not really an apples to apples comparison. With options you pay more, but you also get the title and more choices at the end of the term. Personally I'd like to see a straight-lease option added, but I think Ford won't do that until they're out of EV tax credits. By offering only regular sales and Options, they can guarantee that all MME buyers (in the USA at least) get the titles and access to the tax credit.

I'm pretty happy with options, despite the high monthly cost. I think the end balloon payment is a bit of a low ball, so if the batteries and build quality hold up, people could make extra money selling their MME 3rd party at the end of their term. I think it's also worth the extra monthly cost to get access to the full EV tax credit.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I'm just getting a bit exhausted with all the energy Ford seems to be putting into trying new things, but at the same time not being able to communicate with us that have already ordered. This is fine. Whatever. But over 30 days ago I opted for a First Edition over my initial Premium order that the regional sales rep then cancelled, and I can still see absolutely nothing online other than my cancelled car.
If Ford makes it so I can just show up at the dealership and pick up my car with all my paperwork done ahead of time - great. I'm all for that. But start communicating with us so we know where we stand with our order and possible delivery date. If you can get a VIN to Ford employees, start rolling that out to us.

Njia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape Hybrid, Mach-E Prem/AWD/Standard Battery
Country flag
Ford Options is not a lease, so it's not really an apples to apples comparison. With options you pay more, but you also get the title and more choices at the end of the term.
I know it isn't a lease. But a $300 per month difference is absurd, and the tax credit can't be rolled into the upfront cost. Moreover, it would take a year to get in my case since I would have to claim it on my income tax.
Sponsored