Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I've been working on a video about efficiency, and comparing it to other EVs. If this is true the MME jumps up the list by quite a bit. I wonder if we will know before hand whether the range is based on usable battery or the entire battery capacity.
Right now I would assume the range is based on the useable battery. If true, that's a nice bump-up in efficiency. We're all eagerly awaiting the final EPA numbers. I'm guessing they're still testing, re-programming, and re-testing to optimize efficiency and range without losing performance.
Sponsored

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The big question will be the pricing on the two options for the Select trim. I would assume they will still keep the overall price below a base Premium or what's the point? I guess we will find out soon enough.

Living in snow country I really would want the heated front seats.
I had posted in another thread the Canadian prices for the comfort package which is labeled here has 67B but in this list is 67A, it is C$1595. I don't have a tech package price but the 360 cam is C$550 and the Park Assist 2,0 is C$1995.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It doesn't look like the glass roof is even an option on the select that comes standard on the premium, so, at least for that, there has to be a price difference.
Neither for the B&O sound system

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Ford said early on it would not offer a hitch mount in the U.S. market -- factory or dealer installed. For an install, third party installs are the only option in the U.S.
Yeah, I know, but I held out hope until this. I even sent an email to Darren Palmer letting him know that MME reservation holders probably are more active and environmentally conscious, and probably a lot of us would like to use the mount for bikes or small trailers for kayaks, etc. Especially since it IS an SUV and does not have roof rails. But so it goes.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
If the select doesn't get the B&O sound what happens to the interior one has to assume it still has the sound bar as part of the design just minus a B&O logo and an alternative OEM sound system.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I was hoping it would be the pony on the grill lighting up like a center headlight
The GT is the only variant with an illuminated front plate unfortunately.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Ford said early on it would not offer a hitch mount in the U.S. market -- factory or dealer installed. For an install, third party installs are the only option in the U.S.
Check with your dealer. Some dealers will install third party or custom parts. That said, it's unlikely they will be able to price / spec it out day one on a new model...

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I had posted in another thread the Canadian prices for the comfort package which is labeled here has 67B but in this list is 67A, it is C$1595. I don't have a tech package price but the 360 cam is C$550 and the Park Assist 2,0 is C$1995.
What is included in the "comfort package" 67B? is it just heated memory seats?

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
I don't see any package for the US that includes a hitch mount, which makes me sad for my hitch mounted bike rack. Not sure that I would want that as a dealer installed option. If anyone has a good suggestion for a non-hitch bike rack that doesn't require a bunch of straps and more importantly won't damage your car or paint, let me know. I do currently have a Saris "bones" rack too, but I don't like how it attaches.
I'm going with a seasucker bike rack - easy on/off...know a few tesla owners that have it and it works fine on the glass roof.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
I'm going with a seasucker bike rack - easy on/off...know a few tesla owners that have it and it works fine on the glass roof.
I have it and love it. I don't have a full glass roof, but the front cups are on my sunroof, and it's not an issue.
(I should admit that I bought a generic brand one that was much cheaper, but it has worked even at highway speeds with no issues.)

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Check with your dealer. Some dealers will install third party or custom parts. That said, it's unlikely they will be able to price / spec it out day one on a new model...
Yes, I understand that service centers at dealers, like other auto shops, may be willing to install third party hardware. My point is just that there is no Ford solution for U.S. customers either from the factory or to be installed at dealer.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
I have it and love it. I don't have a full glass roof, but the front cups are on my sunroof, and it's not an issue.
(I should admit that I bought a generic brand one that was much cheaper, but it has worked even at highway speeds with no issues.)
My biggest decision on the seasucker is which one to get - 95% of the time, I drive by myself and only need one bike spot, but i can see me driving more with the Mach E, so that may push me to a multiple option...seasucker's max is three bikes...
Sponsored