cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
I can't speak for all leases, but my Ford Escape lease agreement shows two different numbers for residual value and purchase price. They differ by $500.
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I have an embarrassingly dumb question since I've never intended to buy out a lease before but might on the MME: Is the lease residual the price the same as the amount you'd have to pay to keep the car, or is the residual lower than the purchase price?
I went and pulled out my lease agreement to confirm my thoughts. No, the residual value and the agreed purchase price are not necessarily the same amount. There is a specific line on the contract that discloses the purchase price at the end of the term. In my case the purchase price is $500 higher than the residual value (this is built in fee amount for the dealer to facilitate the purchase).

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
I went and pulled out my lease agreement to confirm my thoughts. No, the residual value and the agreed purchase price are not necessarily the same amount. There is a specific line on the contract that discloses the purchase price at the end of the term. In my case the purchase price is $500 higher than the residual value (this is built in fee amount for the dealer to facilitate the purchase).
Good to know I will take a look at my Alfa Romeo lease and see what it states I thought the residual was all you probably had to pay. I am sure their are a few more fees tacked on for another document, admin fees and so on like buying a car.

Either way I am not keeping the Alfa going to either return it or use it as a trade in will see how the mileage stacks up and what the resale value is as I get closer. I know trading a lease in is not a viable situation but I think if it is near the end of the lease will not be as bad; as what you owe on lease will pretty much be all paid off except maybe 1 or 2 months then what the car is worth - the residual I would think.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I can't speak for all leases, but my Ford Escape lease agreement shows two different numbers for residual value and purchase price. They differ by $500.
Thanks!

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
This morning (24 June), I received a call from the sales manager at my local dealer in VA. He told me I could login to the Ford website on the 26th and confirm my order. He added the $500 reservation fee would be returned and I would be asked for another $500 order fee. Interestingly, he noted the price would be MSRP, and there would be no dealer markups at his location. Additionally, he mentioned he doesn’t anticipate his dealership having any to “test drive” before ordering or finalizing the sale. Lastly, he said they have 14 reservations at his dealership, and that Ford would soon be providing training and maintenance info to their team. My Reservation:
Mach-E Premium
Premium Extended Battery RWD
Infinite Blue

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
This morning (24 June), I received a call from the sales manager at my local dealer in VA. He told me I could login to the Ford website on the 26th and confirm my order. He added the $500 reservation fee would be returned and I would be asked for another $500 order fee. Interestingly, he noted the price would be MSRP, and there would be no dealer markups at his location. Additionally, he mentioned he doesn’t anticipate his dealership having any to “test drive” before ordering or finalizing the sale. Lastly, he said they have 14 reservations at his dealership, and that Ford would soon be providing training and maintenance info to their team. My Reservation:
Mach-E Premium
Infinite Blue
Where in VA are you located? Nice that your dealer is on the up-and-up!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mach-E Premium
Infinite Blue
Did he give any indication of what would happen if you want to back out at the last minute? Like for instance, let's say your Mach-e arrives in Feb and they call you to finalize the sale and pick it up. But while they (presumably) let you see it and sit in it while there, you realize "Crap, I don't like XXX on this thing! Or YYY!" and decide not to buy it.

Can you still say no at that point? Will you lose the $500 deposit? Or do you have to finalize the sale before the car even shows up?

Haynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 (next will be a Mach-E or Model Y)
Country flag
...but doesn't include info for the GT.
GT is probably going to be announced later in the year. It isn’t expected to hit the ground until late 2021.

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did he give any indication of what would happen if you want to back out at the last minute? Like for instance, let's say your Mach-e arrives in Feb and they call you to finalize the sale and pick it up. But while they (presumably) let you see it and sit in it while there, you realize "Crap, I don't like XXX on this thing! Or YYY!" and decide not to buy it.

Can you still say no at that point? Will you lose the $500 deposit? Or do you have to finalize the sale before the car even shows up?
My dealer contacted me to let me know what is happening with them. They will not ask for a dealer markup and do not require a deposit. They don't have any timeline on when they will get a car to test drive, but probably not before October. As far as refusing the car I order when it arrives, no problem. They expect they will be able to sell it easily. They have 25 reservations. Verified that the order of reservation placement determines the order that reservation holder gets a car. So my number 4462 puts me first on their list. He also thinks that Premiums will start arriving before First Editions.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
My dealer contacted me to let me know what is happening with them. They will not ask for a dealer markup and do not require a deposit. They don't have any timeline on when they will get a car to test drive, but probably not before October. As far as refusing the car I order when it arrives, no problem. They expect they will be able to sell it easily. They have 25 reservations. Verified that the order of reservation placement determines the order that reservation holder gets a car. So my number 4462 puts me first on their list. He also thinks that Premiums will start arriving before First Editions.
That seems odd, unless it's premiums that have lower reservation numbers / order dates.

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That seems odd, unless it's premiums that have lower reservation numbers / order dates.
He doesn't know, obviously, but he reasons that production would start with premiums, as those would be the ones going out to dealers.

Raybdc97

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Na
Country flag
Mach-E Premium
Infinite Blue
did he mention anything about xplan?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Mach-E Premium
Infinite Blue
Which Ford website do we login to on the 26th?
ford.com
Ford pass
Fleet
Something different?
Sponsored