Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I was able to confirm today with my dealer that they will be honoring Ford’s AXZ price plan.
My dealer said that they would honor it if Ford allowed it. They also tried to say they wanted $5k more for ADM and I told them I wouldn't be paying that. They backed off and said they would sell it to me for MSRP. I got them to email me that so I have it in writing.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My dealer said that they would honor it if Ford allowed it. They also tried to say they wanted $5k more for ADM and I told them I wouldn't be paying that. They backed off and said they would sell it to me for MSRP. I got them to email me that so I have it in writing.
You might want to have them look up dealer communication EFC08063 for the X-plan, then confirm that in writing as well.

Johnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium SR AWD, Buick Enclave
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Leaving tax credit aside, what is the practical difference between this and a standard lease?
On Ford Options - the vehicle is titled in your name, on a lease program the vehicle is titled in the name of Ford's finance company.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Are you sure there will no roof rack system available?
Well, I am not sure, but wondered how it would attach to that glass roof, although I guess Tesla has done it.

BTW - saw that "suction cup" rack that some Tesla users utilize and I think that thing would make me a nervous wreck waiting for my bike to blow off the roof on the highway. I would be looking up more than looking at the road.

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
On Ford Options - the vehicle is titled in your name, on a lease program the vehicle is titled in the name of Ford's finance company.
Why would someone want to do that? For me the point of a lease is that I don't want ownership. I don't want the hassle of having to sell the car.

Johnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium SR AWD, Buick Enclave
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Why would someone want to do that? For me the point of a lease is that I don't want ownership. I don't want the hassle of having to sell the car.
If the vehicle is not titled in your name, you can't get the tax incentives.

I believe with "Ford Options" you still have the option of returning the car to Ford at the end of the finance contract.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Leaving tax credit aside, what is the practical difference between this and a standard lease?
Speaking for myself and not Ford, explaining this to you as I would to any friend:

There are subtle differences. The big picture is that Ford Options and a traditional lease are more similar than different.

Ford Options choices at the end of the contract term are:
1. Return – Transfer ownership of the vehicle to Ford Credit (like a lease turn-in, with mileage and excessive use charges)

2. Renew – Trade-in/Sell the vehicle, any accumulated equity may be available for use as down payment

3. Retain – Payoff or refinance the balloon note amount through Ford Credit (like buying out your lease by paying the agreed lease purchase price/residual value)

Differences:
Ford Options is a retail contract, so the title is in the customer name. For standard leases the title is in the lease company name. Because Ford Options are retail contracts instead of leases there may be differences in how the transactions are taxed depending on where you live (in the monthly payments vs. all upfront at time of sale) so consult your dealer.

Ford Options is available in most states, you'll need to discuss financing options with your dealer.

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Speaking for myself and not Ford, explaining this to you as I would to any friend:

There are subtle differences. The big picture is that Ford Options and a traditional lease are more similar than different.

1. Return – Transfer ownership of the vehicle to Ford Credit (like a lease turn-in, with mileage and excessive use charges)

2. Renew – Trade-in/Sell the vehicle, any accumulated equity may be available for use as down payment

3. Retain – Payoff or refinance the balloon note amount through Ford Credit (like buying out your lease by paying the agreed lease purchase price/residual value)

Differences:
Ford Options is a retail contract, so the title is in the customer name. For standard leases the title is in the lease company name. Because Ford Options are retail contracts instead of leases there may be differences in how the transactions are taxed depending on where you live (in the monthly payments vs. all upfront at time of sale) so consult your dealer.

Ford Options is available in most states, you'll need to discuss financing options with your dealer.
Thanks.

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag

Differences:

Just wanted to say that was a great breakdown on how the lease options (Ford Opions plan works) I wanted to say thanks for this info.

Haynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 (next will be a Mach-E or Model Y)
Country flag
Nice to have this information. I am interested in Equipment Group 17P Interior Protection package. I hope it is thick rubber floor mats in place of the standard carpet pieces. That is the first thing I change anyway.

Also noticed option code 942 DRL for fleet only. Not interested in that but I do have a valid FIN. I wonder if that will be better than X plan pricing? I will have to investigate further...
If they stay with the current production rubber mats (which they probably will) they’re just a standard rubber mat.

Haynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 (next will be a Mach-E or Model Y)
Country flag
Nice to have this information. I am interested in Equipment Group 17P Interior Protection package. I hope it is thick rubber floor mats in place of the standard carpet pieces. That is the first thing I change anyway.

Also noticed option code 942 DRL for fleet only. Not interested in that but I do have a valid FIN. I wonder if that will be better than X plan pricing? I will have to investigate further...
Just noticed the second half of your comment. Typically customers with a FIN pay invoice, minus the discount associated with their specific FIN number (which may take a while for ford to come out with, and it will still probably not be much like on the Tanger compared to the F150). X plan gives you a discount from the traditional invoice, which in this case is MSRP. I would expect the X plan to be better pricing than a FIN associated price, but I also haven’t noticed anything for FIN pricing yet.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have an embarrassingly dumb question since I've never intended to buy out a lease before but might on the MME: Is the lease residual the price the same as the amount you'd have to pay to keep the car, or is the residual lower than the purchase price?
Sponsored