Mach E Mus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Insight,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That's the problem, a Bolt or Volt is a cheap, compliance EV. Compared to a Tesla or a Mach E, which is an upper end EV.
Compliance maybe, cheap, not hardly. Bolt/Volt and like as new in proximity same price range as base Tesla or Mach E.
Sponsored

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
That's the problem, a Bolt or Volt is a cheap, compliance EV. Compared to a Tesla or a Mach E, which is an upper end EV.
Those cars MSRP at a little better than $40K. Yes, the Mach-e is a better car and the base model is going to kill the Bolt. Chevy is going to have to reduce the price or just stop selling it. They have one more year for the Bolt then I don't understand why anyone would buy one asside from it being two feet shorter.

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
By cheap I meant looks and quality, not necessarily price. Apologies for the vague statement.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I am very discouraged by fact #9, motor sounds piped into the cabin. It shows what Ford thinks of their customers and that they will need to be entertained by vroom, vroom sounds. I'm not impressed.

Electric cars can be powerful without all the noise. This is actually a big advantage over ICE.
It's a feature that can be turned off. Some drivers appreciate the audio feedback as a cue to power/speed. If you don't want it, keep it turned off.

Blinkingicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Mustang GT, 2015 Taco
Country flag
Also have to keep in mind with this particular vehicle Ford is dealing with a lot of resistance to change. Baby steps. The sound has to be there even if it's a vestigial leftover from the regular Mustang.

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My couple things that I feel like I'm needing is a steady software update (and long term support), as well as a sentry mode like Tesla has. I live in the midwest (Kansas City area) and I'm sure there will be push back from traditional mustang and truck/ICE owners. This is a vehicle to transport my family in as well as have fun for me. I need to make sure people aren't trying to mess with my family's safety or our bank account by putting us through unneeded financial burden of repairing vandalism due to EV envy or hate. That is something that I think Ford is trying to squash, but looking at their Twitter posts and the ridiculously negative comments, I fear for my purchase.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
My couple things that I feel like I'm needing is a steady software update (and long term support), as well as a sentry mode like Tesla has. I live in the midwest (Kansas City area) and I'm sure there will be push back from traditional mustang and truck/ICE owners. This is a vehicle to transport my family in as well as have fun for me. I need to make sure people aren't trying to mess with my family's safety or our bank account by putting us through unneeded financial burden of repairing vandalism due to EV envy or hate. That is something that I think Ford is trying to squash, but looking at their Twitter posts and the ridiculously negative comments, I fear for my purchase.
Do you really think vandalism will be an issue for a Ford? I think the EV envy or hate we're seeing today is because...well...it's Tesla/Musk and Twitter haters.

I don't think we'll see the same level of issues for this Ford product. Did we hear of issues with Mustang purists vandalizing a 4 or 6 cylinder Mustang because Mustangs should only be V8's? Or people vandalizing a 4 door Porsche or Dodge Charger because they should only be two door vehicles? I think a year from now when Ford EV's become more of a mass market thing then people will be more accepting of the Mach-E.

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
I am very discouraged by fact #9, motor sounds piped into the cabin. It shows what Ford thinks of their customers and that they will need to be entertained by vroom, vroom sounds. I'm not impressed.

Electric cars can be powerful without all the noise. This is actually a big advantage over ICE.
@Whatstreet

The sounds have to be put in to meet new regulations as all electric car have no sound which means no way to hear them coming if crossing a street if you do not see them. This was an issue with some electric cars hitting people. So if I remember correctly NTSB had to set a regulation on electric vehicles to emit a sound when in operation. So they are not silent killers.

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Do you really think vandalism will be an issue for a Ford? I think the EV envy or hate we're seeing today is because...well...it's Tesla/Musk and Twitter haters.

I don't think we'll see the same level of issues for this Ford product. Did we hear of issues with Mustang purists vandalizing a 4 or 6 cylinder Mustang because Mustangs should only be V8's? Or people vandalizing a 4 door Porsche or Dodge Charger because they should only be two door vehicles? I think a year from now when Ford EV's become more of a mass market thing then people will be more accepting of the Mach-E.
Just dropping a couple cylinders isn't as big of a change as taking "their" Mustang name and putting it on a 4 door EV. I can count more than a few "purists" on Twitter that seem like they wouldn't be above keying someones car because it is ruining the "good name" of Mustang.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag

Just dropping a couple cylinders isn't as big of a change as taking "their" Mustang name and putting it on a 4 door EV. I can count more than a few "purists" on Twitter that seem like they wouldn't be above keying someones car because it is ruining the "good name" of Mustang.
When the Mach E gets into full production all the haters will go away and hate something else it's just that right now the Mach E is the flavor of the moment.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
From Forbes
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E Reviews and Impressions 1576425220783

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kyleed...h-e-everything-you-need-to-know/#426ca1a05c9c

FINAL THOUGHTS
Mustang is synonymous with American Muscle, which does not mesh well with the thought of a crossover SUV. It is hard to see the Mach-E as anything other than Ford Motor cashing in on name recognition of the iconic and storied Mustang in the hopes of boosting sales. However, once you get past that, you find a perfectly serviceable SUV with solid performance and amazing support and technological integration. It may not feel like a true Mustang to the die-hard fans, but the Mach-E still has a lot to offer to the right buyer.
Sponsored