Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Reading through the Green Car Reports, I hope the GT does have the kick you back in your seat feeling with the quicker 0-60 time.

Ace

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
modernmusclecars.de
Vehicles
2018 Camaro 2SS
Country flag
Reading through the Green Car Reports, I hope the GT does have the kick you back in your seat feeling with the quicker 0-60 time.
What you feel as a kick back in the seat is the torque, not the actual time. With 612 lb-ft of torque instantly (without depending on RPM) the acceleration of the GT will kick you back in the seat like no other mustang before. The 2020 GT500 in comparison has 625 lb-ft of torque, but needs to be above 3000 RPM for that.

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
What you feel as a kick back in the seat is the torque, not the actual time. With 612 lb-ft of torque instantly (without depending on RPM) the acceleration of the GT will kick you back in the seat like no other mustang before. The 2020 GT500 in comparison has 625 lb-ft of torque, but needs to be above 3000 RPM for that.
Correct, I know how torque works lol just that the reviewer said it doesn't have a feeling like that. Ford was talking about essentially a leveling of the torque with their acceleration. It should be fun to drive, for sure.

Mach E Mus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Insight,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So we get over the big reveal orgasm after Sunday and reality is setting in, for me, anyway.
Do not wish to dampen anyone's enthusiasm, but...and in some order of importance..#1/new car with limited E experience from parent company, then at minimum , range anxieties, charging speeds/costs, actual initial costs from direct Fomoco sales, dealer repair expertise, and actual delivery dates.
Throw in ridiculous depreciation of most stuff E, like double ICE vehicles, makes me think I'll wait until the depreciation makes this more attractive.
I'm still a fan, but there are some neat used E thingies available, Now, at a fraction of the cost.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
So we get over the big reveal orgasm after Sunday and reality is setting in, for me, anyway.
Do not wish to dampen anyone's enthusiasm, but...and in some order of importance..#1/new car with limited E experience from parent company, then at minimum , range anxieties, charging speeds/costs, actual initial costs from direct Fomoco sales, dealer repair expertise, and actual delivery dates.
Throw in ridiculous depreciation of most stuff E, like double ICE vehicles, makes me think I'll wait until the depreciation makes this more attractive.
I'm still a fan, but there are some neat used E thingies available, Now, at a fraction of the cost.
it’s funny because I feel the exact opposite. I wasn’t so sure when they first revealed it, but I have only gotten more and more excited since then. However, there is a good chance I am going to lease which will negate deprecation worries and means that I will be close to time for me to trade in when my bumper to bumper warranty is up. I don’t drive on road trips much so don’t really have Range anxiety, and the 22 mph home charging will be more than enough for me. My local power company has a variable pricing model which means electricity is cheaper at night, when I will be doing most of my charging.

I know everyone is in different situations, but I for one am pretty stoked!

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
I understand your doubt but Ford is in the E business for the long haul. If you listen to what is said in interviews Ford has researched this completely and has put a lot of money and time in making the Mach E right. As for range and charging new EV buyers always have that I have those questions myself I know it will take a little time and experimenting but I'm a fast learner. And as for cost right now I am leaning toward lease myself.

Mach E Mus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Insight,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I understand your doubt but Ford is in the E business for the long haul. If you listen to what is said in interviews Ford has researched this completely and has put a lot of money and time in making the Mach E right. As for range and charging new EV buyers always have that I have those questions myself I know it will take a little time and experimenting but I'm a fast learner. And as for cost right now I am leaning toward lease myself.
Be interesting to see Ford calculations on Depreciation to figure lease $ @ month.
As I stated , E car value in three years necessitates premium on lease costs, might make this investment attractive to few people ( that choose to afford it).

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I'll be buying, since I drive way too much for a lease and typically keep my cars awhile.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
Some EVs have had very high depreciation such as the Leaf and Fiat 500e. The Tesla's have not and hold their value much better. Very few used Model 3 on the market and they want the price off a new one when they are.

Mach E Mus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Insight,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tesla stores notorious for updating used models and reselling at high resale to people just want that Tesla ID. Focus on a three year old Bolt or the like for a reasonable E car. Most depreciation has to do with lack of demand because of predictable unsubstantiated E phobias . Shop wisely, it is a buyers market.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
That's the problem, a Bolt or Volt is a cheap, compliance EV. Compared to a Tesla or a Mach E, which is an upper end EV.
I truly believe the Mustang Mach E is Ford's halo EV and everyone will be surprised with all aspects of it's performance.
Sponsored