First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I think I am going to upset many Mustang purists that may be on here but I have just watched on YouTube a review of the 2020 Mustang GT BY Gold Pony and I am going to say that personally speaking I prefer the interior of the Mach e to the GT. It is sleek, modern and uncluttered. Just saying.
I think I agree, but won't know for sure until I've driven a less cluttered car for some time. That said, I wish there were some fighter plane inspired toggle switches in the Mustang Mach-E. Even if they do nothing at all. They could even be unlabeled. How cool would it be if they were user programmable? (left up for unbridled, right-side down to close garage door, haha!)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I think I agree, but won't know for sure until I've driven a less cluttered car for some time. That said, I wish there were some fighter plane inspired toggle switches in the Mustang Mach-E. Even if they do nothing at all. They could even be unlabeled. How cool would it be if they were user programmable? (left up for unbridled, right-side down to close garage door, haha!)
Install away:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32845561532.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.849927487JsdFT&algo_pvid=d5f1ce92-5fb9-4fac-a984-abf7b1605dbb&algo_expid=d5f1ce92-5fb9-4fac-a984-abf7b1605dbb-0&btsid=0ab6fa8115915543125553567e8066&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603
_ Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E Reviews and Impressions 12v-Red-LED-Safety-Cover-Aircraft-Toggle-Switch-Carbon-Fiber-Surface-Panel.jpg_50x50

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I wonder if that free charging will be available in every country it will be sold?
There is no confirmed information on this yet, but the consensus reached months ago was that Ford was giving "membership" to the "charging network" for free, NOT free charging. What the membership is believed to cover is the convenience of a single Ford account instead of different accounts for each charging network. That is, the only thing free for 2 years is Ford combining all the accounts with different charging networks under 1 account so you only have to pay 1 bill no matter whose network you used that month. It was also assumed that you would get the cheaper rate at Electrify America, although of course that detail was not mentioned either.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There is no confirmed information on this yet, but the consensus reached months ago was that Ford was giving "membership" to the "charging network" for free, NOT free charging. What the membership is believed to cover is the convenience of a single Ford account instead of different accounts for each charging network. That is, the only thing free for 2 years is Ford combining all the accounts with different charging networks under 1 account so you only have to pay 1 bill no matter whose network you used that month. It was also assumed that you would get the cheaper rate at Electrify America, although of course that detail was not mentioned either.
Thank's :)

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
macchiaz-o said:
...I wish there were some fighter plane inspired toggle switches in the Mustang Mach-E. Even if they do nothing at all. They could even be unlabeled. How cool would it be if they were user programmable? (left up for unbridled, right-side down to close garage door, haha!)

Install away:

_ Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E Reviews and Impressions 12v-Red-LED-Safety-Cover-Aircraft-Toggle-Switch-Carbon-Fiber-Surface-Panel.jpg_50x50

Number 1 fighter pilot rule: Never touch a red-guarded switch!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Also, I think the 2 years of free Ford Pass will include EA membership. EA members charge at a discounted rate. This is only my theory, though.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Also, I think the 2 years of free Ford Pass will include EA membership. EA members charge at a discounted rate. This is only my theory, though.
I think maybe we’ll get a free promotional sample of EA charging to encourage us to try out using their DCFC.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Kyle Connor from Out of Spec Motoring/insideevs YouTube went to Ford Performance Center in North Carolina to drive the Mustang Mach-E in the racing simulator. There's a great deal of information coming but here's a quick highlight list of what he says of his visit and before he puts out videos.
  • Mach-E AWD non-GT handles at least as nimbly as a Tesla Model Y Performance but with more composure and better ride compliance.
  • Acceleration is really good and "sprightly".
  • ISO 15118 Plug & Charge will be active from day 1.
  • GT Performance version he drove is wild.
Starts at about 3:45.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Kyle Connor from Out of Spec Motoring/insideevs YouTube went to Ford Performance Center in North Carolina to drive the Mustang Mach-E in the racing simulator. There's a great deal of information coming but here's a quick highlight list of what he says of his visit and before he puts out videos.
  • Mach-E AWD non-GT handles at least as nimbly as a Tesla Model Y Performance but with more composure and better ride compliance.
  • Acceleration is really good and "sprightly".
  • ISO 15118 Plug & Charge will be active from day 1.
  • GT Performance version he drove is wild.
Starts at about 3:45.
Love the Out of Spec Motoring channel! Will be VERY interested to hear Kyle’s detailed take on the Mach-E.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

Pyrene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Kona
Country flag
That’s the great difference between AWD and RWD: auto high beam;it's petty not to have the auto high beam on the RWD model
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E Reviews and Impressions D3BA51AD-C227-4A7C-BD73-AF2D9E563645

Last edited:

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
That’s the great difference between AWD and RWD: auto high beam;it's petty not to have the auto high beam on the RWD model
D3BA51AD-C227-4A7C-BD73-AF2D9E563645.png
According to the packaging guide Auto High Beams is part of Co-Pilot 360 (which is included in all Mach-E's): (Unless that is an EU thing...)
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E Reviews and Impressions Screenshot 2020-11-10 092657