2021 Mach-E Reviews and Impressions

First Name
SportZnTouring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition (on Pre-Order), 2018 370z Nismo
Country flag
I was fortunate enough to be in the drivers seat of a Mach-E recently... Not fortunate enough to actually drive it sadly... But got a full walk around of the car, sat in the driver's seat. It is an absolutely gorgeous car. The driving position was easy to set up and I felt right at home. Can't wait for mine to arrive! I've pre-ordered a First Edition (the GT hasn't been made available in the UK yet)...

Unfortunately, on the day, we weren't allowed to film or photograph anything but I was able to make this video giving my impressions of the Mach-E... with my own edit of the media-kit footage...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tggtqehi768

UPDATE: The admins have now promoted this post into its own thread...
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-e-drivers-seat-impressions-non-driving.241/
Sponsored

Last edited:

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I was fortunate enough to be in the drivers seat of a Mach-E recently... Not fortunate enough to actually drive it sadly... But got a full walk around of the car, sat in the driver's seat. It is an absolutely gorgeous car. The driving position was easy to set up and I felt right at home. Can't wait for mine to arrive! I've pre-ordered a First Edition (the GT hasn't been made available in the UK yet)...

Unfortunately, on the day, we weren't allowed to film or photograph anything but I was able to make this video giving my impressions of the Mach-E... with my own edit of the media-kit footage...

what did you think of the seat material and boot/frunk space?

First Name
SportZnTouring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great video, @SportZnTouring. I think you made a good point about preserving the brand while the world moves towards a cleaner future.
Thanks!!

I think we're faced with a choice... Obsess over the Mustang being petrol powered and watch the brand become a part of history or... make the brand commercially viable based on what people buy today and how cars will be propelled in the future.

The whole point of Mustang is to be different. To stand out. To distinguish itself. To not conform. To define the future. So, if it conforms to it's past it loses that essential part of its character.

I think this car was a stroke of genius! Now, Mustang can stand on it's own two feet and become a multi faceted brand... SUV, Coupe, and more.

First Name
SportZnTouring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
NOTE:
The post from above (quoted below) now has been promoted by the Admins to be its own thread...
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-e-drivers-seat-impressions-non-driving.241/

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
I think it shows an inability to think beyond the past and lack of creativity for a new name and look. They seek to redefine the Mustang name, not preserve it.

The car that is the Mach-e disserves its own identity and path to an all electric family of cars. This is happening in the world, but it isn't being done by Ford.

Thanks!!

I think we're faced with a choice... Obsess over the Mustang being petrol powered and watch the brand become a part of history or... make the brand commercially viable based on what people buy today and how cars will be propelled in the future.

The whole point of Mustang is to be different. To stand out. To distinguish itself. To not conform. To define the future. So, if it conforms to it's past it loses that essential part of its character.

I think this car was a stroke of genius! Now, Mustang can stand on it's own two feet and become a multi faceted brand... SUV, Coupe, and more.

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Love it:

"the powers that be decided to make an EV that wasn’t butt-ugly."

Jvanderwoud

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Why would someone hang around a forum for enthusiasts of a car when they are not?

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
I think it shows an inability to think beyond the past and lack of creativity for a new name and look. They seek to redefine the Mustang name, not preserve it.

The car that is the Mach-e disserves its own identity and path to an all electric family of cars. This is happening in the world, but it isn't being done by Ford.
I believe it was named "Mach E" for the future when it is just referred to as such and the Mustang is for something else./

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I think I am going to upset many Mustang purists that may be on here but I have just watched on YouTube a review of the 2020 Mustang GT BY Gold Pony and I am going to say that personally speaking I prefer the interior of the Mach e to the GT. It is sleek, modern and uncluttered. Just saying.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I think I am going to upset many Mustang purists that may be on here but I have just watched on YouTube a review of the 2020 Mustang GT BY Gold Pony and I am going to say that personally speaking I prefer the interior of the Mach e to the GT. It is sleek, modern and uncluttered. Just saying.
Do you have a link to that review?

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Interesting. This article says that Ford will include two years of charging using Ford Pass. I haven't heard that anywhere else before.
I wonder if that free charging will be available in every country it will be sold?
Sponsored