2021 Mach-E scheduling this week (8/23/21) for production build weeks of entire October

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X 5, 2021 Mach E-Premium RWD Job 2
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
Yep, 6/10 no schedule yet
Sponsored

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
Don't get your hopes up. mine was scheduled 7/16, and still sits waiting for chips. But i guess being "scheduled" is still better than not at all.
So you're basically already past the 6 weeks they claimed the delay would be? Yikes.

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
Don't get your hopes up. mine was scheduled 7/16, and still sits waiting for chips. But i guess being "scheduled" is still better than not at all.
Im in the "NOT AT ALL" category
Ordered first week of May and have not heard a thing !!!!!

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Same here! Getting pissed!!!!
oh that will help . . right to the front of the line..

Seriously, I think the whole thing seems to be grinding to a complete stop. You also have to remember that there are plenty of trucks and other models stacking up in the same boat. I think in reality we missed the window by about one month when they seemed to be able to complete the orders. I'd do myself a real favor if I could stop looking at my status and the forum for about a month or so, but that ain't gonna happen...

Dear1nc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Country flag
oh that will help . . right to the front of the line..

Seriously, I think the whole thing seems to be grinding to a complete stop. You also have to remember that there are plenty of trucks and other models stacking up in the same boat. I think in reality we missed the window by about one month when they seemed to be able to complete the orders. I'd do myself a real favor if I could stop looking at my status and the forum for about a month or so, but that ain't gonna happen...
What really blows my mind is the people with june and july order dates that already have build dates. Like what in the actual fuck is Ford doing?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
What really blows my mind is the people with june and july order dates that already have build dates. Like what in the actual fuck is Ford doing?
They are now parking any built cars & trucks (mach e included) in preparation for one day when they have chip allocation to send them on their way to be delivered. That is literally what they are doing. And, it is backing up and down the line as a result. And it is not just Ford. They are all doing it, or pausing builds to some degree. Even Tesla.

Rapid Ed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Country flag
From what I have read in these forums and elsewhere, just because you can't see a build date in the Ford account online doesn't mean you don't have one. I believe some people have called Ford directly and found that they do indeed have build dates.

Tlow

First Name
Micha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD
Country flag
No Mach-e scheduling again for next week 9/13.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E scheduling this week (8/23/21) for production build weeks of entire October 4E9DABE9-F894-4FA3-A910-86075BEC5CF6
I guess we should have seen that coming. It seems like people that have scheduled dates had their dates pushed back a week. I imagine that they won't be able to schedule new builds until they get actual completion dates for the current builds... That's the way I look at it to make me feel better.

Otherwise I go back to thinking Ford hates me and doesn't want me to have a Mach-E..... I am sure they have no idea who I am so that can't be true....Right!?!?!

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium GB
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Be careful the senate voted to drop the tax credit. 40k purchase limit and 100k income limit. If Congress passes it, probably be effective Jan 1.
I read the Senate voted on a non-binding resolution to cap the vehicle cost and the income level. It may not make the final bill that is passed in both the House and Senate. If it does, I'll consider not taking delivery if my purchase doesn't close by year end.

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
@Sealevel,

The current bill being worked on has much more reasonable price caps and income caps.

But nobody know what will really happen until the House and the Senate actually pass a bill (and if they do)

Here's a quote from Electrek yesterday:
https://electrek.co/2021/09/11/dems-propose-new-electric-car-rebate-tesla-disadvantage/

• They are introduce price limits on the EVs eligible for the incentives:
    • Sedans under $55,000
    • SUVs under $69,000
    • Pickup trucks under $74,000
    • Vans under $54,000
  • They are also introducing caps on income to get access to the incentives, but they are fairly high at an adjusted gross income of up to $400,000 for individuals and up to $800,000 for joint filers.

Tangible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting for my Mach E
Country flag
@Sealevel,

The current bill being worked on has much more reasonable price caps and income caps.

But nobody know what will really happen until the House and the Senate actually pass a bill (and if they do)

Here's a quote from Electrek yesterday:
https://electrek.co/2021/09/11/dems-propose-new-electric-car-rebate-tesla-disadvantage/
Puttimg income limits on this incentive is deeply stupid. The incentives are there to bring the cost of EVs in line with their ICE equivalents, thus speeding the transition away from fossil fuels.

Income inequality is a real problem, but lower-income people are not major buyers of new cars, so they will not benefit. All the means-testing would accomplish would be to increase emissions and accelerate climate change.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Or the orders that had no reservation where the cars have either already shipped or have been delivered. Not mad at the people who placed these orders. More power to them for getting their cars. A bit ticked at Ford for prioritizing non-reservations ahead of reservations.
Sponsored