Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Could you add cargo space to this (trunk + frunk and with seats up/down)? I think that will be another spec people will be looking at closely. Thanks in advance!

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I thought I saw a dimension sheet saying 59.6 cubic feet behind the front seats (rear seats down). That doesn't include the 4.8 cubic feet of frunk space.

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Last edited:

falcon lover

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes-Benz A180
Occupation
Medical Doctor
Country flag
Is very competitive with all those models... and have something that the others dont: the name. Mustang will to arouse curiosity and interest in many of the buyers of electric cars and not electrics cars too, that otherwise would not even have been interested in seeing what this car offers. In addition, its design is very, very attractive

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
Is very competitive with all those models... and have something that the others dont: the name. Mustang will to arouse curiosity and interest in many of the buyers of electric cars and not electrics cars too, that otherwise would not even have been interested in seeing what this car offers. In addition, its design is very, very attractive

I couldn't agree more

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Standard Range, Chevrolet Bolt EV, Fiat 500E
Occupation
IT Architect
Country flag
If polestar 1 price is any indication Polestar 2 will be >$100k.

I'm still mad about the eTron being a 5 seater. Should have a third row. especially at that price point.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
Volvo group’s Polestar electric performance car sub-brand has announced pricing for the Polestar 2, the company’s second production car, a four-door mid-sized fastback that will begin production in 2020 and start shipping as early as next June. Starting prices are set at between 58,800€ (around $63,720 U.S.). Those prices include three years of service and maintenance and European value-added tax (VAT). Polestar also previously communicated that its rough guide pricing for North America was at around $63,000, so this is consistent with that, but the final actual price for American buyers will be revealed later on.

https://techcrunch.com/2019/10/03/h...c-polestar-2-will-cost-in-its-launch-markets/

Tony Alonso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt, 2009 Ford Mustang Bullitt, 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt, 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Country flag
Regarding name, here is a story that references the power of the name itself. The specs above do show the competitiveness of the vehicle itself. I am curious to see what happens to the interest as actual owners start to get them and others inquire about the experiences.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Could you add cargo space to this (trunk + frunk and with seats up/down)? I think that will be another spec people will be looking at closely. Thanks in advance!
Okay, did some research today and came up with these Cargo Space comparisons:

Mustang Mach-e: 59.6 cu. ft. (Back with Seats Down) + 4.8 cu. ft. (Frunk) = 64.4 cu. ft.

Tesla Model Y : 66 cu. ft. (includes both the Back with Seats Down and Frunk)*

Audi e-Tron : 57 cu. ft.

Jaguar I-PACE : 51.95 cu. ft.

Polestar 2 : 15.5 cu. ft. (includes Frunk)

Kona Electric : 46 cu. ft.

Niro EV : 53 cu. ft.

Chevy Bolt : 56.6 cu. ft.

* Could not find the size of the Model Y Frunk documented, just the total cargo space with seats down plus the Frunk.

phila

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I-Pace HSE, Mach E (preorder)
Country flag
Okay, did some research today and came up with these Cargo Space comparisons:

Mustang Mach-e: 59.6 cu. ft. (Back with Seats Down) + 4.8 cu. ft. (Frunk) = 64.4 cu. ft.

Tesla Model Y : 66 cu. ft. (includes both the Back with Seats Down and Frunk)*

Audi e-Tron : 57 cu. ft.

Jaguar I-PACE : 51.95 cu. ft.

Polestar 2 : 15.5 cu. ft. (includes Frunk)

Kona Electric : 46 cu. ft.

Niro EV : 53 cu. ft.

Chevy Bolt : 56.6 cu. ft.

* Could not find the size of the Model Y Frunk documented, just the total cargo space with seats down plus the Frunk.
The cargo space along with the Range was why I went for the MachE. Tesla ModelY is still best in cargo space, although only slightly but the MachE takes it with the RWD Long Range at least the Europe model does. I do believe that that 64.4 cu. ft number listed for ModelY is total cargo space with the frunk of approx 3 cu. ft included.
I was just recently in an Audi e-tron and noticed how nice the cargo space was, nice to see there will be even more available in the MachE which really is a surprise considering the physical dimensions of the e-Tron.

Bob

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cadillac SRX
Country flag
I have not found any exterior dimensions for the Tesla Model Y online. There are photos of MY on test drives and in parking lots but apparently no one has a tape measure in their pocket. Tesla has been vague as well.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The cargo space along with the Range was why I went for the MachE. Tesla ModelY is still best in cargo space, although only slightly but the MachE takes it with the RWD Long Range at least the Europe model does. I do believe that that 64.4 cu. ft number listed for ModelY is total cargo space with the frunk of approx 3 cu. ft included.
I was just recently in an Audi e-tron and noticed how nice the cargo space was, nice to see there will be even more available in the MachE which really is a surprise considering the physical dimensions of the e-Tron.
The cargo space is neat and all, it's why I'm opting for a Mach-E and not a Model 3. The Y is ugly but beats the Ford with lots of specs. The one thing that I want the Premium AWD ER to improve upon release is a more competitive 0-60 time. It's already 0.7s slower than the Model Y and with the same acceleration boost that the 3 has, it's 1.2s difference. Ford vs. Tesla, indeed.
Sponsored