generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
That would bring us a full circle about OTA update (which can be done via USB :)) for poking your nose out.
Correct again. Although OTA updates are typically done Over The Air (hence the name), not via USB.
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I have been reading the owners manual in depth since it was released on the forum. Does anyone know whether the car comes with a creep mode to give a similar driving experience to a car fitted with auto transmission. I know some BEV's have it but can't find any mention of it in the manual
There is an auto hold. Possibly if not set behaves similar to creep?
Auto hold keeps you stopped at lights: When you put your foot on the brake to stop you can then remove your foot from the brake once stopped and the car will keep the brakes engaged until you depress the accelerator again.

Yes it will have creep: The Focus Electric creeped. When 1-pedal mode is off it will creep. When 1-pedal mode is on it won't creep. (of course this is my assumption--when 1-P is off it will behave like any other car.)

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Good shout. It's a possibility although I have auto hold on my current Kuga and it works by holding the brakes on on an incline to give you time to transfer your foot from brake pedal to accelerator.
Never needed stop and hold with an automatic transmission due to creep, would have been handy on the standards once and a while.

I inch forward at lights/traffic as the pack compresses. Not sure how sensitive the accelerator is. I would assume whisper would be less sensitive than unbridled and may work better during stop and go?

The first time we take our foot off the brake we will know if it creeps (and try all drive modes). If not I think we just adjust the idle screw on the carb ;).

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I have been reading the owners manual in depth since it was released on the forum. Does anyone know whether the car comes with a creep mode ?
Despite all of the fine people on this forum, there will be some creeps who will drive the Mach-E. Even the advanced features of the Mach-E will not prevent that.

AFVolt

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
Auto hold keeps you stopped at lights: When you put your foot on the brake to stop you can then remove your foot from the brake once stopped and the car will keep the brakes engaged until you depress the accelerator again.
When using Auto-Hold after stopping, and you release your foot from the brake, do the brake lights turn off, or do they stay illuminated until you hit the accelerator again?

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
When using Auto-Hold after stopping, and you release your foot from the brake, do the brake lights turn off, or do they stay illuminated until you hit the accelerator again?
I believe the manual says the lights stay on.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Never needed stop and hold with an automatic transmission due to creep, would have been handy on the standards once and a while.

I inch forward at lights/traffic as the pack compresses. Not sure how sensitive the accelerator is. I would assume whisper would be less sensitive than unbridled and may work better during stop and go?

The first time we take our foot off the brake we will know if it creeps (and try all drive modes). If not I think we just adjust the idle screw on the carb ;).
I used auto-hold in an Explorer. Works very well. Especially at a drive-thru you don't have to keep your foot on the brake all the time. Although with electric I guess it's sort of a stop gap to 1-pedal.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

LNFitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Saddle Fitter…and yes, have worked with Mustangs
Country flag
Has there been an updated (Post June 2021) version of the MME Owner's Manual posted anywhere? I have found some discrepancies from the pre-June info. Have had my Sept built car for a whopping 4 days... whoo hoo!

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Has there been an updated (Post June 2021) version of the MME Owner's Manual posted anywhere? I have found some discrepancies from the pre-June info. Have had my Sept built car for a whopping 4 days... whoo hoo!
May 7, 2021 is the latest revision that I've found so far.

The online (HTML) manual is updated more often than the PDF. But I'm not sure how to view it's revision dates.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...manuals-and-web-sites-for-mach-e-owners.1660/

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag