Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That's how it works in our Explorer. If the doors are locked I don't have to click the fob to open. Just walk up to the car with the fob in my pocket, pull on the door handle and it opens, passively without me interacting with the fob. If I read correctly the Mach-E will work the same. Just have the fob or PAAK on me and press the button on the B Pillar.
Same thing on my wife's 2016 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid! Just walk up and insert your hand in any door handle and the door(s) unlocks. If it the driver side front door it only unlocks that specific door, any other door unlocks all the doors.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Are Tables of Contents ever in alphabetical order? Are you sure you're not thinking of an index?
I agree, the "Table of Contents" are always at the beginning and are in the order the topics are covered. The "Index" is always at the end and is in alphabetical order.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You can open or close the windowsfrom the key fob.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E User Owners Manual Now Available! 1605990905672
Works the same on the 2016 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid. Note: you can also close the windows and moonroof with the key fob. From the owner's manual:

Opening the Windows
You can only open the windows for a short time after you unlock your vehicle with the remote control. After you unlock your vehicle, press and hold the remote control unlock button to open the windows and vent the moonroof. Release the button once movement starts. Press the lock or unlock button to stop movement.

Closing the Windows
To close the windows and moonroof, press and hold the remote control lock button. Release the button once movement starts. Press the lock or unlock button to stop movement.

WARNING
When closing the windows and moonroof, you should verify they are free of obstructions and make sure that children and pets are not in the proximity of the window openings.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I expect the user will be able to program their own key fobs also. This is the case with my FFE......the catch is that we MUST have BOTH or the original fobs in order to program a 3rd or 4th. So, do this BEFORE you lose one because at that point you are stuck with having to go to the dealer.

That being said......I am not sure it's really that necessary with the MME. With PAAK and the security code on the B Pillar device the chances of needing both fobs is lessened. I might not worry about getting and then programming another key fob. Still debating that one...
I agree, when I purchased my wife's Fusion Energi I bought two extra keys and was able to program them. The only issue was following the instructions to the letter. We also did the same with her Lincoln MKZ Hybrid.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had to google that, just to make sure you drink it, not smoke it.
Definitely drinkable. Kona coffee is sweet and mild. I keep s supply on hand.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Same thing on my wife's 2016 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid! Just walk up and insert your hand in any door handle and the door(s) unlocks. If it the driver side front door it only unlocks that specific door, any other door unlocks all the doors.
Even my 2013 Escape has that feature. Just touch the door handle and it all unlocks.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Works the same on the 2016 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid. Note: you can also close the windows and moonroof with the key fob. From the owner's manual:

Opening the Windows
You can only open the windows for a short time after you unlock your vehicle with the remote control. After you unlock your vehicle, press and hold the remote control unlock button to open the windows and vent the moonroof. Release the button once movement starts. Press the lock or unlock button to stop movement.

Closing the Windows
To close the windows and moonroof, press and hold the remote control lock button. Release the button once movement starts. Press the lock or unlock button to stop movement.

WARNING
When closing the windows and moonroof, you should verify they are free of obstructions and make sure that children and pets are not in the proximity of the window openings.
I use the "open" all the time in the summer in my Fusion Energi and the gf's C-Max. It helps A LOT with the "oh my FSM why is the interior of the car is a billion degrees (*)" problem.

(*) exaggerating - it's not like you're walking on the sun (**) or anything

(**) no Smashmouth reference intended, and yet...

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
These buttons and the embedded settings do just a wee bit more than my current cruise does ;).

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E User Owners Manual Now Available! cruise buttons

Looking forward to vids of people having it park for them. Perpendicular.
Yes that is one thing I'm gone try for sure.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
All:

First, thanks to the member who provided the manuals. Looks like a very complicated vehicle to me.

I have two initial thoughts:

1. It is going to take some learning and familiarization to drive a Mach e. I never hesitated to "turn over the keys" of my trusty Ford Tempo to another person when needed. With the MME, it may not be safe or appropriate just let someone "get in and drive".

2. I must force myself to concentrate on being in control and not play around with controls/features while I am driving. I would really hate to see anyone have an accident caused by distracted driving.

Finally:

There is at least one error - p.264 in the Owner's Manual:

DRIVING THROUGH SHALLOW WATER WARNING:

Do not attempt to cross a deep or flowing body of water. Failure to follow this instruction could result in the loss of control of your vehicle, personal injury or death. Note: Driving through standing water can cause vehicle damage. Note: Engine damage can occur if water enters the air filter.

Obviously, a Mach e has no engine air filter.

So, it is possible that this is not the final version of the Owner's manual. Remember that there could be other errors as well. Keep an eye out for a later revised document.
I think you will be surprised how easy this car is to drive. I didnt need any special training or coaching to figure out the necessary controls. I will hand the key fob to my family and friends with very little concern.

I did not have that same level of comfort after test driving a Tesla. The complicated nature of how the controls are operated in that vehicle would make me uncomfortable loaning the car to my kids or friends.
Sponsored