JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
What does this mean "mechanical tracks"?

• Use only commercial car washes without mechanical tracks or hand wash to avoid potential damage. • Put your vehicle in stay in neutral mode when entering an automatic car wash. See What Is Temporary Neutra
Car washes , at least some of them, at least have a mechanical metal trach to align the left wheel on to the track and the track helps move the vehicle forward.

Most carwashes around me have this even if they are expensive hand wash places - they let the car get washed this way and then people hand dry etc.

Have to figure out how to set this temporary neutral.
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Car washes , at least some of them, at least have a mechanical metal trach to align the left wheel on to the track and the track helps move the vehicle forward.

Most carwashes around me have this even if they are expensive hand wash places - they let the car get washed this way and then people hand dry etc.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E User Owners Manual Now Available! Screenshot 2020-11-23 140129

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E User Owners Manual Now Available! Screenshot 2020-11-23 140243

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Thanks - I read this - what I meant was I need to figure how to make this work. The car wash I take my car to some times, the person picks up the car and does work and then sets it up in the washer - I will need to explain this step to them and hope they get it OR I just need to wash at home which I usually do and work harder at avoiding streaks or evidence of water drops that dry on the car.

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
work harder at avoiding streaks or evidence of water drops that dry on the car.
LOL, just come up to the PACNW - no worrying about water spots up here because it is nearly almost always raining!

P.S. Are you native to San Diego? - I was bon there, grew up there - went to Patrick Henry High...

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
So I am unclear. Can I use an automatic car wash that you drive on to and then the rollers push you wheels down the track through the car wash? The one bullet point sounds like no while the one right after it seem yes since it says to put it in N when going through an automatic car wash?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Thanks - I read this - what I meant was I need to figure how to make this work. The car wash I take my car to some times, the person picks up the car and does work and then sets it up in the washer - I will need to explain this step to them and hope they get it OR I just need to wash at home which I usually do and work harder at avoiding streaks or evidence of water drops that dry on the car.
I think in this case you'd just leave the car on and let the car wash employee shift it to Neutral and Drive as he would with any other car.

This temporary neutral mode looks like an alternative that allows something similar to a engine-off neutral (out of gear position) from a car with a traditional multi-gear transmission.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
LOL, just come up to the PACNW - no worrying about water spots up here because it is nearly almost always raining!

P.S. Are you native to San Diego? - I was bon there, grew up there - went to Patrick Henry High...
Lived here close to 2 decades - been in Seattle too for a few years

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I think in this case you'd just leave the car on and let the car wash employee shift it to Neutral and Drive as he would with any other car.

This temporary neutral mode looks like an alternative that allows something similar to a engine-off neutral (out of gear position) from a car with a traditional multi-gear transmission.
Switch to neutral when car is on, temporary neutral for when car off?

That's somewhat the way I read it. Probably because the motors are permanent magnetic, and I think it uses electricity to in order to be in neutral since there is no clutch. (A SW guy here, not an EE)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

You got me thinking about reversible vasectomies.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
My 2017 fustian sport AWD has this feature. When I go to the car wash at first I would put in neutral and then a light comes on the dash and says push this button to remain I. Neutral. I did it for like two months and then decided this was stupid so I just put in neutral and ignore the light. Never had a problem. The car was h lasts maybe 3-4 minutes Max. I am in the car so it is my opinion that Ford is just being critical and avoiding a law suit. I could be over thinking this but nothing has ever happened to my car. At first the light bothered me but now I catch up on Twitter and Facebook.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
My 2017 fustian sport AWD has this feature. When I go to the car wash at first I would put in neutral and then a light comes on the dash and says push this button to remain I. Neutral. I did it for like two months and then decided this was stupid so I just put in neutral and ignore the light. Never had a problem. The car was h lasts maybe 3-4 minutes Max. I am in the car so it is my opinion that Ford is just being critical and avoiding a law suit. I could be over thinking this but nothing has ever happened to my car. At first the light bothered me but now I catch up on Twitter and Facebook.
I believe the special temporary neutral feature is for car washes where you leave it in neutral and get out of the car. Those "full service" car washes where you walk along next to the car wash watching your car through a window.

You know, like all car washes used to be LOL.

For the ones you ride in the car I leave the Bolt in 1-pedal mode and let it regen a little going through ! ;) (although once the Bolt freaked out when the car wash hit it and engaged the e-brake on me--that was a fun day ;) )

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think these are ultrasonic sensors for detecting objects nearby when the car is stopped or moving slowly.
Look at lot like what is on the back (pg 235 Blind spot info sys) just wondering if same logic pulling out or fake? Can sensors be waxed over?
Sponsored