First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Look at lot like what is on the back (pg 235 Blind spot info sys) just wondering if same logic pulling out or fake? Can sensors be waxed over?
Yes, many manufacturers have been including ultrasonic sensors on the rear bumpers except on lower end trims. They provide input for the beeping noise you hear as you back too close to a wall, another car, or a bicycle, kid, etc.

Ford's been including them on the front bumper of larger higher vehicles like big pickup trucks. They're now trickling down to smaller cars I guess.

Mach-E has sensors on the sides of the fenders, too, to support rear cross traffic alerts and braking.
Sponsored

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, many manufacturers have been including ultrasonic sensors on the rear bumpers except on lower end trims. They provide input for the beeping noise you hear as you back too close to a wall, another car, or a bicycle, kid, etc.

Ford's been including them on the front bumper of larger higher vehicles like big pickup trucks. They're now trickling down to smaller cars I guess.

Mach-E has sensors on the sides of the fenders, too, to support rear cross traffic alerts and braking.
I should have referenced LOCATING THE CROSS TRAFFIC ALERT SENSORS page 237 same rear sensors, different function, wondered if they do the same thing when you stick your nose out? Thought maybe the fronts are mentioned and I did not catch it?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I should have referenced LOCATING THE CROSS TRAFFIC ALERT SENSORS page 237 same rear sensors, different function, wondered if they do the same thing when you stick your nose out? Thought maybe the fronts are mentioned and I did not catch it?
Oh gotcha. Not sure.

I'm away from home now and can't check the manual. But anyway, this might be one of the things we don't know for sure until we test it.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Oh gotcha. Not sure.

I'm away from home now and can't check the manual. But anyway, this might be one of the things we don't know for sure until we test it.
Stick your nose out and if you get warned we should have it figured out ;). The graphic of how it works (sight zones 236) definitely shows you backing out. But assist backs you in :confused:. Thanks for the info on wax (not cameras thou right ;)).

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
There is no cross traffic detection when you nose out of a parking space front first. The sensors that detect cross traffic from the rear are not the same as those ultrasonic parking sensors. Cross traffic uses the radar sensors in the rear fenders that are also used for BLIS.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There is no cross traffic detection when you nose out of a parking space front first. The sensors that detect cross traffic from the rear are not the same as those ultrasonic parking sensors. Cross traffic uses the radar sensors in the rear fenders that are also used for BLIS.
Thanks that is what it says, are the fronts sensors (pic above) and if so what do they do?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Look at lot like what is on the back (pg 235 Blind spot info sys) just wondering if same logic pulling out or fake? Can sensors be waxed over?
Yes - no issues - I had vehicles with such sensors for over 10 years and I have u them through car washes and waxes and no issues

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
And I was believing like many other people probably that these kind of Adaptive Cruise and Speed Sign Recognition was a Tesla thing, what a big mistake.
My Clarity has adaptive cruise control but it is not very smooth. It responds later and more abrupt than it should IMO to slow it down then waits too long to speed back up again. In light traffic it is ok, stop and go not so much.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Fortunately there are chargers that comes with flexible cable in very low temp, especially if they are build in Canada (like the Grizzl-E), of course for the chargers made in California I wouldn't try to use them here. ;)

Edit: I was reading a review of the Juice Box 40 from Inside EV's and despite it was classified a good charger unfortunately his cable is not a flexible one in cold temp, so if it's for outdoor use I would not choose this charger.
https://insideevs.com/news/402950/enelx-juicebox-smart-ev-charger-review/
Yeah that cable is overkill thick, but you could run over it with a truck and not hurt it probably.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Those are ultrasonic sensors used for parking.
Only one function? Maybe an OTA for pulling out to do what the sensors in the rear do when you are backing out of a parking space. 2 function; 3 functions for the rears if they are used for Active Park Assist also.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Only one function? Maybe an OTA for pulling out to do what the sensors in the rear do when you are backing out of a parking space. 2 function; 3 functions for the rears if they are used for Active Park Assist also.
Ultrasonic sensors don‘t have enough range for that. There are radar sensors in the rear fenders that you can’t see that are used for BLIS and rear cross traffic alerting.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah that cable is overkill thick, but you could run over it with a truck and not hurt it probably.
Yes but at -30 C if you barely can unroll or roll it back in place it might be a pain.
Sponsored