First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
In case you didn't see the other post, the Warranty Guide for U.S. and Cana is available.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...manuals-and-web-sites-for-mach-e-owners.1660/
After reading the document, I am mostly pleased with the warranty.

The major thing that I don't like is that warranty disputes must start with the BBB Auto Line before we may exercise our rights under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act or state lemon laws. That doesn't sound good.

Of interest is that you must accept over-the-air updates within 30 days of availability, or you risk voiding warranty.

In North America, the warranty period on the high voltage battery is the lesser of 8 years or 100,000 miles. The paragraph below suggests that any updates which expand driving range or modify charging curves are not only required (in order to keep warranty active) but are also free.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E User Owners Manual Now Available! 1606287262248

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
After reading the document, I am mostly pleased with the warranty.

The major thing that I don't like is that warranty disputes must start with the BBB Auto Line before we may exercise our rights under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act or state lemon laws. That doesn't sound good.

Of interest is that you must accept over-the-air updates within 30 days of availability, or you risk voiding warranty.

In North America, the warranty period on the high voltage battery is the lesser of 8 years or 100,000 miles. The paragraph below suggests that any updates which expand driving range or modify charging curves are not only required (in order to keep warranty active) but are also free.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E User Owners Manual Now Available! 1606287262248
Yes, the Ying and Yan of updates. Good news is they are free bad news is you must accept them or else.

Remember, it is up to Ford to decide what is a battery system update and what is a product enhancement update. They could easily assess that expanded driving range or charging curve modifications are the latter and require a fee.

As a slight tangent, good ole Maggie Magnuson was a fine lawyer who helped make American bureaucracy what it is today. He did a lot to help protect the American people and American business. However, he seemed to think that nothing worth having couldn't do with a bureaucratic system to govern it. There was also the slight problem that came whenever the interests of people and business didn't quite align. Of course, that could be dealt with using more bureaucracy as well.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In case you didn't see the other post, the Warranty Guide for U.S. and Canada is available.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...manuals-and-web-sites-for-mach-e-owners.1660/
Scooped it there last night, just finished the manual and now look what you gave me ;). Thumbs up here and there for 2 thumbs up. Excellent reference and the effort appreciated.

In order to enforce the 30 day time frame for updates, before they void the warranty, I think they would need to try to make an effort for you to update. They can not rest their case on they missed it, they were out of range etc.

How many here are the first to update a bios (uefi) on their motherboards or even a phone with the latest OS until they get some feedback? Not all jump on the beta test wagon. I am sure, like all my devices, I will want to read and control the update process (time, connection etc.). Little bit more money than a phone or one of my black boxes so most likely for sure. Bricked my phone is not good; brick my vehicle is also not gr8.

In contracts you hope both parties are reasonable. But if one refuses to update, after numerous requests and it has a significant impact they need something. OTA updates are something we are buying into, as well as a vehicle with a breathalyzer and a black box that knows where you are, where you have been and how you have been driving. If any have a problem with that then modern vehicles are not for them and they should buy an old Ford truck while they can.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Remember, it is up to Ford to decide what is a battery system update and what is a product enhancement update. They could easily assess that expanded driving range or charging curve modifications are the latter and require a fee.
In order to enforce the 30 day time frame for updates, before they void the warranty, I think they would need to try to make an effort for you to update. They can not rest their case on they missed it, they were out of range etc.
Yeah this makes sense. I'm curious to see how clearly they end up categorizing or tagging the updates for us end consumers.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah this makes sense. I'm curious to see how clearly they end up categorizing or tagging the updates for us end consumers.
Like recommended (what they do) and required updates. I hope we have and continue to have control of updates such as all steps can be taken into account to ensure a clean install. My phone will actually download 3 gigs but I can still delete it ;). Ownership.

If a bug shows up in one of there updates (nothing is perfect) the burden of proof will go up (most likely reasonable). I think OTA updates will be fine and look forward to see if enhancement will come; but I am not the beta tester.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ultrasonic sensors don‘t have enough range for that. There are radar sensors in the rear fenders that you can’t see that are used for BLIS and rear cross traffic alerting.
So the front are sensors but ultrasonic. Must be a substantial up cost of the rears for BLIS; which opens the other function.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
So the front are sensors but ultrasonic. Must be a substantial up cost of the rears for BLIS; which opens the other function.
No, the ultrasonic sensors that you can see on the rear that look like the front sensors are also just ultrasonic and are only used for parking (and auto reverse braking). BLIS does not use those sensors. BLIS uses radar sensors behind the rear fenders that you can’t see.

Rhynri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion Energi (Sold), 2015 Chevy Spark EV, Mach E on Order
Country flag
Hope there's no annoying "battery saver" feature that turns accessory mode (i.e. the radio) off after just a couple of minutes. I love our Escapes, but that's one feature that drives me up the wall.

Although in a BEV, I guess it's no big deal just to turn full power on. In the Escape you have to start the engine and let it run to reset the battery saver death timer, which is a waste of fuel (and just plain annoying).
Late on this, but with our FFE and our Spark EV, you can hold the power button down for 10 seconds without pressing the brake to get the equivalent of turning the key to 'acc' position.

Thanks - I read this - what I meant was I need to figure how to make this work. The car wash I take my car to some times, the person picks up the car and does work and then sets it up in the washer - I will need to explain this step to them and hope they get it OR I just need to wash at home which I usually do and work harder at avoiding streaks or evidence of water drops that dry on the car.
Optimum No-Rinse, my friend, and two-bucket washes. You can even do them in your garage in the middle of the winter if you are the northerly type. Lots of YouTube tutorials if you are interested.

My Clarity has adaptive cruise control but it is not very smooth. It responds later and more abrupt than it should IMO to slow it down then waits too long to speed back up again. In light traffic it is ok, stop and go not so much.
The aggressiveness of the Adaptive Cruise on the Mach-E seems to be tied to the following distance, as the list in the manual has "driving dynamic" as a column. The farthest distance has "Comfort" as it's driving dynamic, which I imagine is similar to the "Eco" setting on the PHEV Fords... and should be super mellow.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
The aggressiveness of the Adaptive Cruise on the Mach-E seems to be tied to the following distance, as the list in the manual has "driving dynamic" as a column. The farthest distance has "Comfort" as it's driving dynamic, which I imagine is similar to the "Eco" setting on the PHEV Fords... and should be super mellow.
The problem with a longer following distance is that it makes it easier for people to move over in front of you.

Rhynri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The problem with a longer following distance is that it makes it easier for people to move over in front of you.
True, but it's not like it's a personal offense to me if someone uses the space in front of me. I'm still going to get where I'm going at roughly the same time. If they move over the car will back off and all will be good. I like the additional reaction time the extra space gives anyway.

As far as your concern, the closest distance is listed as "dynamic" IIRC, so that should be more instantaneous about maintaining speed. The FFE was generally pretty good about not being too clunky in Stop-and-Go. We'll keep our fingers crossed that one of the driving dynamics suits you. :)

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
That's why I'm not a fan of it in my wife's Escape. The car will overcompensate by aggressively decelerating to the point where everyone in the car looks at me as if to say, "What the hell are you doing?".

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
That's why I'm not a fan of it in my wife's Escape. The car will overcompensate by aggressively decelerating to the point where everyone in the car looks at me as if to say, "What the hell are you doing?".
Thank you, that is why I don't like when cars move in front of me in adaptive mode, my car wants to immediately slow down to compensate, then will take some time to move back in place. It's not about a personal offense... In normal driving I would just let up on the go pedal for a moment then accelerate again to the current speed. The ACC is more abrupt, it actually seems to apply the brakes or regen, then slow to fall back into place. I rarely use it.

Rhynri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you, that is why I don't like when cars move in front of me in adaptive mode, my car wants to immediately slow down to compensate, then will take some time to move back in place. It's not about a personal offense... In normal driving I would just let up on the go pedal for a moment then accelerate again to the current speed. The ACC is more abrupt, it actually seems to apply the brakes or regen, then slow to fall back into place. I rarely use it.
Makes sense and sorry for misconstruing your reaction. I guess I honestly don't remember exactly how the FFE system behaved since it's been a while since I've had that car. It'd be good if they took an approach where it did what you said and just lifted off for a bit.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I wonder if aggressiveness of ACC varies with drive mode?
Sponsored