First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag
USING THE BACKUP START PASSCODE
Woo Hoo!! Very nice!!! I really wanted this! :) Tesla needs to learn from Ford on this.

You can purchase replacement keys or remote controls from an authorized dealer. Authorized dealers can program remote controls for your vehicle.
Not so nice. There's no reason to require a dealer to program your key fob. It could easily be done by the owner from the touchscreen. :( Ford needs to learn from Tesla on this.
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
The BLIS does not beep just flashes when a vehicle is detected and turn signal is on - would have preferred audio beep as well.

Has anyone figured out if the power side mirrors can automatically close when the vehicle is locked? Looks like the button only power folds them on demand - cant see anywhere if there is a setting to fold mirrors automatically when we lock and walkaway
I am assuming they do fold when you lock the car as in some of the pictures on here (and youtube) from the various roadshows it looks as if people have tried to unlock the doors with no success but the mirrors look as if the are folded

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
The BLIS does not beep just flashes when a vehicle is detected and turn signal is on - would have preferred audio beep as well.

Has anyone figured out if the power side mirrors can automatically close when the vehicle is locked? Looks like the button only power folds them on demand - cant see anywhere if there is a setting to fold mirrors automatically when we lock and walkaway
Look at this

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag

I like the way Ford has done BLIS. A simple light in the rear-view mirror: You're already looking in the mirror when you go to turn that way which makes the light rather obvious and hard to miss.

Unless you're one of those that don't believe in using the turn signal (which enables BLIS--no turn signal no BLIS).

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I was just checking the Ford Pass app and realized that the User Manual for the Mustang Mach-E was posted today. Enjoy!
Some heroes don't wear capes

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
This seems like more USB ports than I remember seeing.

Data Transfer USB Ports
The USB ports are in the following
locations:
• On the lower instrument panel.
• Inside the media bin.
• Inside the center console.
Note: These USB ports can also charge
devices.
Note:Not all USB ports in your vehicle have
data transfer capabilities.

Charge Only USB Ports
locations:
• Inside the media bin below the
instrument panel.
• On the rear of the center console.
• In the cargo area.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The Scheduled Maintenance section is refreshingly short! Pretty much just rotate your tires, change cabin air filter, and keep your windshield washer fluid topped off (and blinker fluid too of course).

- Brake fluid every 3 years. "Brake fluid servicing requires special equipment available at your authorized dealer." ?
- Transmission Fluid At 10 years or 150,000 mi
- Coolant At 200,000 mi
Sweet, inspections however.
Maybe not. NHTSA sets most of the safety like standards in the USA. I’m too tired to start researching trunk safety rules tonight either. I’ll wait until someone at Ford tells us if we’ve “won” the divider lottery.

EU/UK rules? Canada?
Hope Canada. Don't want washer fluid banging around in the front without cushioning. Bet I will be accessing it as much as the hood of an ICE vehicle; to fill the washer fluid mostly. Be nice to have fluid right there and not in the back. I like the 2 pull instead of 1 pull with a release lever under the hood also. Keeps you from feeling around outside for the safety latch; which was the standard for years. Not as safe but more practical in freezing temp to fill up the washer fluid.
this is going to be a popular thread :)
I am still reading the manual - some of the terms are not consistently used or are confusing.

This may be a silly question but the manual refers to remote (the key fob i think), phone as key (i get that) and passive key. What is the passive key? there are mentions of it in a few places but cant figure out what this refers to ..an electronic back up? or something else.

Lot more to read yet
Possible passive to mean both/either? I would not think a fob and a paper card? Does it come with 2 fobs or just 1 is my question?

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag

Data Transfer USB Ports
locations:
• Inside the media bin.
devices.

Charge Only USB Ports
locations:
instrument panel.
• In the cargo area.
I thought the same. I've only noticed the A+C below the screen and behind the center console in the rear seat area.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Not silly at all, actually a great question. I'm guessing that the "passive" key is something that has a chip embedded in it that requires no power to operate. Tesla embeds their chip in what looks like a credit card. You keep it in your wallet as a backup in case your phone battery dies. Some people remove the chip from the credit card and embed it in a ring. You can buy these rings on amazon. One woman actually had the chip inserted under her skin!

Edited to add: I found it in the manual. The key fob has a chip in it that can be used in the event the key fob battery dies. Search the manual for "passive"
That's how it works in our Explorer. If the doors are locked I don't have to click the fob to open. Just walk up to the car with the fob in my pocket, pull on the door handle and it opens, passively without me interacting with the fob. If I read correctly the Mach-E will work the same. Just have the fob or PAAK on me and press the button on the B Pillar.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
That's how it works in our Explorer. If the doors are locked I don't have to click the fob to open. Just walk up to the car with the fob in my pocket, pull on the door handle and it opens, passively without me interacting with the fob. If I read correctly the Mach-E will work the same. Just have the fob or PAAK on me and press the button on the B Pillar.
Same for me with my Kuga(Escape). Makes life a bit easier

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
When we first started looking at the remove the divider issue, I went out and verified the proper tools are in the tool chest.

What I’d really like to know though is what are the criteria that determines whether you get the bonus divider or not. I’d like avoid winning that bonus. Great spot for groceries.
If there is a divider, and you choose to remove it, I would respectfully request you provide a YouTube tutorial. Thanks Buddy!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The puddle lights only work when the mirrors are folded? I would think that would be the other way around.

Puddle Lamps
The puddle lamps turn on when you
approach your vehicle with a remote
control or phone. If your vehicle has
auto-folding mirrors, the puddle lamps are
only on if the mirrors are folded and turn
off when the mirrors unfold.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hope there's no annoying "battery saver" feature that turns accessory mode (i.e. the radio) off after just a couple of minutes. I love our Escapes, but that's one feature that drives me up the wall.

Although in a BEV, I guess it's no big deal just to turn full power on. In the Escape you have to start the engine and let it run to reset the battery saver death timer, which is a waste of fuel (and just plain annoying).

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag

Data Transfer USB Ports
locations:
• Inside the media bin.
devices.

Charge Only USB Ports
locations:
instrument panel.
• In the cargo area.
So both kinds inside media bin and inside center console? So how do you tell which ones are which? Sounds like one of each in both places. I was hoping both on the front console where data.
Sponsored

Last edited: