agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
The Mach-E takes this a step further. You don't have to tap anything. Just walk up to the car with your phone or fob and the car automatically unlocks. Walk away and it automatically locks.
Only annoying if your washing the car or just walking by it, and it keeps locking and unlocking.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Only annoying if your washing the car or just walking by it, and it keeps locking and unlocking.
Hopefully it has good range, like 30 feet instead of 5.

Although that could be a problem too when parked in the garage, if just walking inside the house close to the garage picks up the signal. So maybe not.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
If there is a divider, and you choose to remove it, I would respectfully request you provide a YouTube tutorial. Thanks Buddy!
I believe @ChasingCoral was given that assignment. And I do not want to intrude upon his turf. ;)

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
The most interesting and surprising thing so far to me? The fact that the car has a "black box" that records a lot of things in the event of a crash when active drive assist is being used. That includes photos of the front seat area of the car, and could be accessed by LE.

Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 10.42.55 AM.png

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Maybe not. NHTSA sets most of the safety like standards in the USA. I’m too tired to start researching trunk safety rules tonight either. I’ll wait until someone at Ford tells us if we’ve “won” the divider lottery.

EU/UK rules? Canada?
Given a choice between a divider and electronic Frunk release I'll go with the release.

I really don't understand why they don't know yet on this. Something frunky is definitely going on.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Given a choice between a divider and electronic Frunk release I'll go with the release.

I really don't understand why they don't know yet on this. Something frunky is definitely going on.
I might try doing some basic research into trunk safety rules in the US and EU this afternoon. That might shed some light on the Front Trunk divider issue. Is it coming and if so to where?

Or someone lurking in these forums who works for Ford could like answer the question. Even if they had to make a throwaway account. ;)

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Looks like the trip "computer" is going to have a lot more info than Ford's other plugins: (Other plugins only had distance, time, power consumed, and average power consumption)
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E User Owners Manual Now Available! Screenshot 2020-11-19 105735

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
This seems like more USB ports than I remember seeing.

Data Transfer USB Ports
The USB ports are in the following
locations:
• On the lower instrument panel.
• Inside the media bin.
• Inside the center console.
Note: These USB ports can also charge
devices.
Note:Not all USB ports in your vehicle have
data transfer capabilities.

Charge Only USB Ports
The USB ports are in the following
locations:
• Inside the media bin below the
instrument panel.
• Inside the center console.
• On the rear of the center console.
• In the cargo area.
Agreed. I haven't seen all of those and wonder if all of them are really there.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That's how it works in our Explorer. If the doors are locked I don't have to click the fob to open. Just walk up to the car with the fob in my pocket, pull on the door handle and it opens, passively without me interacting with the fob. If I read correctly the Mach-E will work the same. Just have the fob or PAAK on me and press the button on the B Pillar.
This is the proximity detector system that detects the fob. We've had those on our Prius and Leaf.

I can confirm it works has free on the hatch for the automatic power opener. You only have to have the fob in the area, you press nothing, just figure out the right place to wave your foot.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I like the way Ford has done BLIS. A simple light in the rear-view mirror: You're already looking in the mirror when you go to turn that way which makes the light rather obvious and hard to miss.

Unless you're one of those that don't believe in using the turn signal (which enables BLIS--no turn signal no BLIS).
Yeah while I agree - my current mazda does both (beep and blinking lights) and i find that additional beep to be additional assurance especially in two lane turns. Again i know that lot of mfrs dont add the beep - BMW for example. So I am sure I can live without the beeps. Drove for years without any of this right. But philosophically I dont understand why the audio beep is not available - I get that they are trying to not make the driver depend on the beeps.

Plan to enjoy the Mach E anyway.

Last edited:

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
I like the way Ford has done BLIS. A simple light in the rear-view mirror: You're already looking in the mirror when you go to turn that way which makes the light rather obvious and hard to miss.

Unless you're one of those that don't believe in using the turn signal (which enables BLIS--no turn signal no BLIS).
That is not true. The BLIS works even when the signal is not activated. It flashes if signal is activated.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The puddle lights only work when the mirrors are folded? I would think that would be the other way around.

Puddle Lamps
The puddle lamps turn on when you
approach your vehicle with a remote
control or phone. If your vehicle has
auto-folding mirrors, the puddle lamps are
only on if the mirrors are folded and turn
off when the mirrors unfold.
I'm guessing it's because of the angle at which the lights are mounted or even that they are protected when close.

Looks like another Mach E Tour question.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
So both kinds inside media bin and inside center console? So how do you tell which ones are which? Sounds like one of each in both places. I was hoping both on the front console where data.
Are you going to Sheehy today? Sounds like something to check out.
Sponsored