TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would really like to have at least one of the electrical outlets (12v, USB or both) on when the car is turned off. I've had this in the past and it is useful for running battery chargers (AA, D, rechargeable packs), etc.
Yep, that's another issue. I think the cigarette plug is always active in our Escapes but the USB ports are not. Be curious to see how it works in the MME.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Not so nice. There's no reason to require a dealer to program your key fob. It could easily be done by the owner from the touchscreen. :( Ford needs to learn from Tesla on this.
I expect the user will be able to program their own key fobs also. This is the case with my FFE......the catch is that we MUST have BOTH or the original fobs in order to program a 3rd or 4th. So, do this BEFORE you lose one because at that point you are stuck with having to go to the dealer.

That being said......I am not sure it's really that necessary with the MME. With PAAK and the security code on the B Pillar device the chances of needing both fobs is lessened. I might not worry about getting and then programming another key fob. Still debating that one...

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
My Chrysler has the beep option in settings, maybe Ford could add this later as a OTA update. I've found it helpful (it's off by default.)

Instead of a beep, we could get a "Whoa there!"
This sounds better than a beep.

Blind Spot Assist
During lane changes, the design of the
blind spot assist feature detects vehicles
in, or approaching, your blind spot and
provides a warning, plus steering
assistance to direct your vehicle back into
your lane.
When active, this system functions with or
without the use of direction indicators and
hazard flashers.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I asked about mirror fold on locked during the roadshows was told it would be an on / off option that you can set. As with everything take it with a pre-production vehicle disclaimer pinch of salt
That is what I remember as well. The dealer turned off the folding mirror feature because they didn't want to wear out or overheat that motor with all the people that would be getting in and out during the day. If I remember correctly.....it folds when the doors lock but remain in normal position when unlocked, even when the vehicle is turned off. But could have just been one of the options in the menu that further defines how it functions....

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Wonder how it improves drivability? Will have to try.
Read the full sentence: "improving drivability while descending grades is the intent".

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Note the text on the "L" drive selection on the PRNDL:
Screenshot 2020-11-19 125148.jpg

So when 1-pedal mode is on shifting to "L" does nothing.
Correct. Switching that dial to L has zero effect when 1 Pedal mode is enabled.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I sure hope autolock can be turned off. I would think it would be an option, but most of the things that can be disabled in the menus say so in the manual. This does not.

AUTOLOCK
What Is Autolock?
Autolock is a locking feature that locks
your vehicle doors when you start driving.
Autolock Requirements
Autolock locks all the doors when all of the
following occur:
• All doors are closed.
• The vehicle is on.
• Your vehicle reaches a speed greater
than 12 mph (20 km/h).

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I'm encouraged about Glare Free and Adaptive Front Lighting. Seems like that's moving closer towards the European adaptive headlight setup, unless what I'm reading is only for European models and all the NA models will get is self dimming headlights.
Glare Free Lighting
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E User Owners Manual Now Available! 1605811402441

A Without Glare Free
B With Glare Free

Adaptive Front Lighting
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E User Owners Manual Now Available! 1605811575961

A
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E User Owners Manual Now Available! {filename}
Standard low beam.
B
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E User Owners Manual Now Available! {filename}
Additional lighting.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E User Owners Manual Now Available! 1605811463759

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
I sure hope autolock can be turned off. I would think it would be an option, but most of the things that can be disabled in the menus say so in the manual. This does not.

AUTOLOCK
What Is Autolock?
Autolock is a locking feature that locks
your vehicle doors when you start driving.
Autolock Requirements
Autolock locks all the doors when all of the
following occur:
• All doors are closed.
• The vehicle is on.
• Your vehicle reaches a speed greater
than 12 mph (20 km/h).
Why is that bothering to you? The way Ford implements locking may make it a non-problem for you.

On my current Ford vehicle, front door (both driver and passenger) can be opened from inside with just one pull (the same action as if the car is unlocked) even if the car is locked. For the back passenger doors, two pulls are required when locked.

Additionally, as the manual mentioned, if front doors are opened within 10 minutes after the car is turned off, all doors will auto unlock.

As a result, auto-lock plus the above two really makes the whole flow quite seamless.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why is that bothering to you?
Because I like to decide when to lock the doors. Hearing the doors automatically lock every time I drive away drives me nuts. I can't say that it's rational, but that's the reason. With my wife's Chrysler Pacifica, they removed the option to disable autolocking from the menu. But the dealer was still still able to disable it upon request. Hopefully, the same will be true with Ford.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Because I like to decide when to lock the doors. Hearing the doors automatically lock every time I drive away drives me nuts. I can't say that it's rational, but that's the reason. With my wife's Chrysler Pacifica, they removed the option to disable autolocking from the menu. But the dealer was still still able to disable it upon request. Hopefully, the same will be true with Ford.
All of my recent cars have had the ability to turn this on/off and adjust driver versus a doors.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Correct. Switching that dial to L has zero effect when 1 Pedal mode is enabled.
I'm looking forward to this one ("L"). Should be perfect for mountain driving, if the amount of regen is scaled properly. Hoping it's just right for coasting down a 5-6% grade.

I wonder how it works in conjunction with cruise control? Will the car automatically apply more regen on a steep downhill grade (similar to how a ICE car downshifts when coasting over the set speed)?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E User Owners Manual Now Available! 1605818398231

150 lb/ft for the lug nuts? That's a lot more torque than any other car I've owned. I guess they really don't want those wheels to come off!
Sponsored