MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
The BLIS does not beep just flashes when a vehicle is detected and turn signal is on - would have preferred audio beep as well.

Has anyone figured
The puddle lights only work when the mirrors are folded? I would think that would be the other way around.

Puddle Lamps
The puddle lamps turn on when you
approach your vehicle with a remote
control or phone. If your vehicle has
auto-folding mirrors, the puddle lamps are
only on if the mirrors are folded and turn
off when the mirrors unfold.
I hope this turns out better than it sounds in the description. I want to see those ponies when i approach or depart everytime. If it’s dependent upon fold state (as stated) not sure what to expect, but i’m still reading.
Sponsored

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Yep, that's another issue. I think the cigarette plug is always active in our Escapes but the USB ports are not. Be curious to see how it works in the MME.
In my 2012 Focus ST, I used the rear 12 V outlet for a dash cam and that was active for about 30 minutes after turning off the car and would reset the timer if you took any action. So if you opened or unlocked the doors it would reapply power. It was actually quite annoying to figure that out with trial and error. Because I was sure the device was losing power, but I'd go back to check on it by unlocking the car with the remote and when I looked, it was powered again! I had to cheat the next time and just look through the windows.

Thopter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Specialized Turbo Creo SL Expert EVO
Country flag
1605818398231.png

150 lb/ft for the lug nuts? That's a lot more torque than any other car I've owned. I guess they really don't want those wheels to come off!

That’s crazy. Wonder if that’s a misprint and they meant 105 lb/ft?

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Wonder if we will get anything resembling Tesla Sentry mode. The data USB gives us the possibility but man I really want that functionality.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
I sure hope autolock can be turned off. I would think it would be an option, but most of the things that can be disabled in the menus say so in the manual. This does not.

AUTOLOCK
What Is Autolock?
Autolock is a locking feature that locks
your vehicle doors when you start driving.
Autolock Requirements
Autolock locks all the doors when all of the
following occur:
• All doors are closed.
• The vehicle is on.
• Your vehicle reaches a speed greater
than 12 mph (20 km/h).
A locked door offers more protection in a side collision than unlocked, according to CR.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I'm looking forward to this one ("L"). Should be perfect for mountain driving, if the amount of regen is scaled properly. Hoping it's just right for coasting down a 5-6% grade.

I wonder how it works in conjunction with cruise control? Will the car automatically apply more regen on a steep downhill grade (similar to how a ICE car downshifts when coasting over the set speed)?
I am very curious as well. Our C-Max Energi has two such modes.....there is "L" and also a grade assist button on the shift handle. "L" has a fair amount of regen but that other button is very effective. My Focus Electric only has the L and does not have the other button so that makes me think it might be because the Energi can't handle max regen (due to smaller, air cooled battery).

The MME has so many other features such as Adaptive Cruise and Speed Sign recognition (with tolerance settings) so I wonder how that will work in the mountains. It's going to be interesting to see how the software handles the various conditions. I am expecting to be pleasantly surprised...

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
150 lb/ft is correct. This is a heavy car.
The Ford Super Duty trucks have the same value for the most part (varies by model but generally in the 140-165 range). Those vehicles have 8 lugs

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The MME has so many other features such as Adaptive Cruise and Speed Sign recognition (with tolerance settings) so I wonder how that will work in the mountains. It's going to be interesting to see how the software handles the various conditions. I am expecting to be pleasantly surprised...
My Lincoln has both the Adaptive Cruise and Speed Sign recognition. Both work extremely well in mountains, flatland, day, and night. I especially like how a little speed limit sign appears on the speedometer display. Not sure if the MME will have the little speed limit sign on the driver display, but it is great on unfamiliar roads. I know instantly how big the speeding ticket is going to be.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
My Lincoln has both the Adaptive Cruise and Speed Sign recognition. Both work extremely well in mountains, flatland, day, and night. I especially like how a little speed limit sign appears on the speedometer display. Not sure if the MME will have the little speed limit sign on the driver display, but it is great on unfamiliar roads. I know instantly how big the speeding ticket is going to be.
That is great to hear. I do remember seeing the speed limit sign in the driver's display.

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag
1605818398231.png

150 lb/ft for the lug nuts? That's a lot more torque than any other car I've owned. I guess they really don't want those wheels to come off!
150 lb/ft is correct. This is a heavy car.
The Ford Super Duty trucks have the same value for the most part (varies by model but generally in the 140-165 range). Those vehicles have 8 lugs
If the studs are class 10.9 then that is the correct torque. If the studs are class 8.8 then someone in the manuals department confused Nm for foot pounds. 150 Nm is the correct torque rating for M14x1.5 class 8.8 bolts. What worries me is that they also have a pretty big typo elsewhere in the Mach-e specs, (Not in the owner's manual) specifying 18" brake rotors on 18" wheels, which of course is physically impossible. Personally, I would check the wheel stud for the class marking before I torqued the wheel to 150 LB/ft.

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag
I assume as new features are added and things change then the manual would be updated at the same time? So a book version is fine for now but could be redundant after a few updates.
Exactly. If they are going to do OTAs, a printed manual makes no sense.

Mike16

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Star White
Country flag
Note the text on the "L" drive selection on the PRNDL:
Screenshot 2020-11-19 125148.jpg

So when 1-pedal mode is on shifting to "L" does nothing.
How I see it is with one pedal driving, the more you depress the accel pedal, the more you will brake.
And with the L mode, when you lift OFF completely the accel pedal, it will decel the car, like when we downshift in a ICE car.
it would make them 2 different thing

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
How I see it is with one pedal driving, the more you depress the accel pedal, the more you will brake.
And with the L mode, when you lift OFF completely the accel pedal, it will decel the car, like when we downshift in a ICE car.
it would make them 2 different thing
1 pedal mode re-maps the accelerator pedal position sensor to negative-zero-positive. So the more the pedal is depressed the more it accelerates. Hold steady=steady speed. Lift off has negative acceleration (braking).
Sponsored