stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
Definitely the feature I'm most excited about, night driving on rural highways and flicking the high beams on and off every few minutes sucks.
Sponsored

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Sorry to say, but what we get in America is a small step above a tea candle in a jelly jar compared to what the modern world (read ANYWHERE else) gets for headlights. Our European friends are going to be getting active matrix headlamps, if I’m not mistaken. All because of the incredibly powerful tea candle and jelly jar lobbyists in this country ?

seriously, our headlamps are primitive due to regulations.
oh man, for real? Not good.

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
Sorry to say, but what we get in America is a small step above a tea candle in a jelly jar compared to what the modern world (read ANYWHERE else) gets for headlights. Our European friends are going to be getting active matrix headlamps, if I’m not mistaken. All because of the incredibly powerful tea candle and jelly jar lobbyists in this country ?

seriously, our headlamps are primitive due to regulations.
I started another thread a few weeks ago about matrix headlights.

I wish Ford would ship them in the US and just have them disabled in software. When the regs change, they could be updated.

It's so messed up. We can't have much better and safer headlights because of safety regulations. ?‍♂ Regs that haven't been updated in many many decades.

Thopter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Specialized Turbo Creo SL Expert EVO
Country flag
I just would have expected something like Tesla S @130 lb-ft.

033DA133-2A78-4D60-B412-5908C8959EDA.jpeg

Pyrene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Kona
Country flag
active matrix headlamps are only fit on AWD in EU.
For those who want the RWD, as me, unfortunately this option is not proposed !

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Still, you can get them - you live in a technologically advanced part of the world, not some godforsaken backwater 3rd world technology desert. ????

just kidding - after all, we did invent Amazon ?

pHGold

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I haven't checked the temperature range, but Amazon sells a charge adapter made in Canada: Grizzl E(or something close)

QUOTE="Shayne, post: 60487, member: 1345"]
Thanks; understand but there should be a safety factor of 10 15 degrees in that warning ;) ? Needs to be plugged in at that temp no? I wonder if it is plugged in before it drops below -30 if it is OK? Any opinion for a 14-50 charger with components rated for lower temps?
[/QUOTE]

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I also recall a report in another thread they were having trouble getting those matrix headlights working properly.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sweet, inspections however.

Hope Canada. Don't want washer fluid banging around in the front without cushioning. Bet I will be accessing it as much as the hood of an ICE vehicle; to fill the washer fluid mostly. Be nice to have fluid right there and not in the back. I like the 2 pull instead of 1 pull with a release lever under the hood also. Keeps you from feeling around outside for the safety latch; which was the standard for years. Not as safe but more practical in freezing temp to fill up the washer fluid.

Possible passive to mean both/either? I would not think a fob and a paper card? Does it come with 2 fobs or just 1 is my question?
Wouldn't that be the keypad on the door?

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Wonder how it improves drivability? Will have to try.
Using maximum regen is akin to using engine braking in an ICE car (especially a manual transmission).
It'll maintain the car's speed going down a long grade without overheating the brakes, which would DEFINITELY affect drivability. I used engine braking all the time in my cars. All big trucks use it.

Since I'll have 1-pedal drive on all the time, "L" in the Mach-E isn't going to have any purpose.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hope there's no annoying "battery saver" feature that turns accessory mode (i.e. the radio) off after just a couple of minutes. I love our Escapes, but that's one feature that drives me up the wall.

Although in a BEV, I guess it's no big deal just to turn full power on. In the Escape you have to start the engine and let it run to reset the battery saver death timer, which is a waste of fuel (and just plain annoying).
I don't understand why it's annoying when it's a valuable feature to save you from calling a towing if your battery dies and you can't start the car anymore IMO, if you want to listen to music from your radio can't you just turn the key to "accessory" no motor running and no turning off after ten min.

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Thanks; understand but there should be a safety factor of 10 15 degrees in that warning ;) ? Needs to be plugged in at that temp no? I wonder if it is plugged in before it drops below -30 if it is OK? Any opinion for a 14-50 charger with components rated for lower temps?

So I asked one of the designers at work who does automotive stuff about the temperature ranges. For background, we work on the analog connectivity electronics (WiFi/Cellular/ect).

There are automotive specifications that the suppliers test to. The range is roughly -40C to 85C, but they'll occasionally go hotter. They'll characterize the parts' performance and do their reliability testing at these temperature ranges. I don't believe that the specifications call out testing to temperature failure. That may be info that Ford has though from system level testing. At those extremes not only do you have to worry about the process parameters shifting due to temperature, but there's also mechanical effects that can cause failure: melting, cracking, or other MatSci type irregularities.

TL;DR, when you see a temp range listed for automotive electronics, the components have been very thoroughly tested to work in that range. It's unknown how well the parts work outside of that range. Suppliers don't test to failure and then back it off the temperature spec by a certain margin.
Sponsored