First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
All:

First, thanks to the member who provided the manuals. Looks like a very complicated vehicle to me.

I have two initial thoughts:

1. It is going to take some learning and familiarization to drive a Mach e. I never hesitated to "turn over the keys" of my trusty Ford Tempo to another person when needed. With the MME, it may not be safe or appropriate just let someone "get in and drive".

2. I must force myself to concentrate on being in control and not play around with controls/features while I am driving. I would really hate to see anyone have an accident caused by distracted driving.

Finally:

There is at least one error - p.264 in the Owner's Manual:

DRIVING THROUGH SHALLOW WATER WARNING:

Do not attempt to cross a deep or flowing body of water. Failure to follow this instruction could result in the loss of control of your vehicle, personal injury or death. Note: Driving through standing water can cause vehicle damage. Note: Engine damage can occur if water enters the air filter.

Obviously, a Mach e has no engine air filter.

So, it is possible that this is not the final version of the Owner's manual. Remember that there could be other errors as well. Keep an eye out for a later revised document.
Its definitely more featured vehicle.

I dont think I will have an issue have others drive the Mach E as long they follow my instructions to just use basic controls to drive the vehicle.

Unless they are regular drivers of the vehicle, they should not be messing with settings like 1-pedal driving unless I am around and showing off the features.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Its definitely more featured vehicle.

I dont think I will have an issue have others drive the Mach E as long they follow my instructions to just use basic controls to drive the vehicle.

Unless they are regular drivers of the vehicle, they should not be messing with settings like 1-pedal driving unless I am around and showing off the features.
This is a good point. Perhaps the best bet is to have a spare fob tied to a "guest" profile. You can set that profile to "beginners" of "ICE-like" mode with things like one-pedal-driving off and starting in Whisper mode. I'm sure there are others we can think of. That way if we loan it to someone, they start out slow and the car starts out behaving like they would expect a car to act.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
This is a good point. Perhaps the best bet is to have a spare fob tied to a "guest" profile. You can set that profile to "beginners" of "ICE-like" mode with things like one-pedal-driving off and starting in Whisper mode. I'm sure there are others we can think of. That way if we loan it to someone, they start out slow and the car starts out behaving like they would expect a car to act.
Yep. This is not what I'd want to see from my guest driver:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
It would be nice if the manual includes:
1) dates on anything that is changed
2) a what's new page with recent changes
Errata sheet listing each change including the page number. SOP in many manuals.

Last edited:

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Reading the supplemental manual - it says not to install now chains or snow cables on the 225/55R19 tires - this standard on AWD /FE. Typically I only need chow chains when driving in winter to say Tahoe area. Chains are required (if I interpret the rules correctly) even on AWD drive vehicles unless they have snow tires or mechanical 4 WD.

Any thoughts on this ? what would be the other options other than just drive without chains or switch to snow tires which is not feasible when driving non snow areas.

To add - my CRV is AWD but was pulled over once for not having chains and told to get chains. I was let off though after being told just try to drive slowly and get chains when you can.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Hey, good thinking.

I think that two features could be beneficial.

1. Use the screen to present a little tutorial lesson focusing on "before you drive".
2. Provide an "easy mode" uncluttered driver interface presenting the features needed to support basic driving.
Outside of Ford providing the easy mode and the intro tutorial , using a dedicated fob for guest drivers with profile specific disablement of confusing features seems short term answer

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Reading the supplemental manual - it says not to install now chains or snow cables on the 225/55R19 tires - this standard on AWD /FE. Typically I only need chow chains when driving in winter to say Tahoe area. Chains are required (if I interpret the rules correctly) even on AWD drive vehicles unless they have snow tires or mechanical 4 WD.

Any thoughts on this ? what would be the other options other than just drive without chains or switch to snow tires which is not feasible when driving non snow areas.

To add - my CRV is AWD but was pulled over once for not having chains and told to get chains. I was let off though after being told just try to drive slowly and get chains when you can.
chain requirements do vary and it depends on the classification of severity of snow. Most times you just have to have them on hand but if it’s dumping you need to have them on.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
chain requirements do vary and it depends on the classification of severity of snow. Most times you just have to have them on hand but if it’s dumping you need to have them on.
I get that but what are the options if the user manual says no chains on standard tires offered on Mach E Premium AWD /FE

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
What does this mean "mechanical tracks"?

• Use only commercial car washes without mechanical tracks or hand wash to avoid potential damage. • Put your vehicle in stay in neutral mode when entering an automatic car wash. See What Is Temporary Neutra

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Glad to see that, with the hands-free liftgate option, a kick can *close* as well as open the liftgate. My C-MAX Energi has that feature, but my Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid's liftgate only *opens* with a kick. I kicked and kicked to close it until I finally researched that question and found the disappointing answer. {Jonathan}

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
Ok - doesn't seem so different - but I am excited to actually get to see one!
Sponsored

Last edited: