Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Found the data to back up @generaltso:

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/e...ed-parts/sensor-parking-aid-system-11530079-1

We can see that the ultrasonic sensors are called "parking aid system sensors." The radars hidden behind the front and rear fender corners are there for BLIS, and support cruise control and highway assist.

All of these are in the parts category "Parking Distance Control." A part might be in multiple categories, and not all the information on the site is accurate... But at least this shows you visually where components are located.
Thanks, you should be machedog, you are better than a blood hound ?. Gr8 info.

So I count 10 sensors 4 up front and 6 in the back. Radar must be non-visible behind each rear fender where the big arrows point in the manual. The radar out back also lets you know if something is coming when you stick your rear out (off shoot of BLIS). The radar in front is centered below the plate mounts between the vents and helps with adaptive. Wonder if the front could be separated each side and open up other off shoots; like poking your nose out.

Up to 10 sensors and 3 radar locations. That is a lot of tech from a guy that drives a 2009 with armstrong windows. Nothing like jumping in ;). Know if all the turquois is edrive system's on your thread?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Thanks, you should be machedog, you are better than a blood hound ?. Gr8 info.

So I count 10 sensors 4 up front and 6 in the back. Radar must be non-visible behind each rear fender where the big arrows point in the manual. The radar out back also lets you know if something is coming when you stick your rear out (off shoot of BLIS). The radar in front is centered below the plate mounts between the vents and helps with adaptive. Wonder if the front could be separated each side and open up other off shoots; like poking your nose out.

Up to 10 sensors and 3 radar locations. That is a lot of tech from a guy that drives a 2009 with armstrong windows. Nothing like jumping in ;). Know if all the turquois is edrive system's on your thread?
I don't. But I haven't finished looking through all the parts catalog yet.

It's been a busy day. Part of which included installing my 50A receptacle! Now I have some drywall repairs to do. :(

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E User Owners Manual Now Available! PXL_20201127_214355719

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Ah yes, sorry. I was multitasking.

I thought by "front cross traffic detection" you were just describing Intersection Assist. How is it different?
Ah, okay. Front Cross Traffic Alert would be like the current Rear Cross Traffic Alert that warns you when backing out of a parking space (except when pulling out forward).

This discussion originally started when somebody asked if Cross Traffic Alert could be added to the front since it has the same ultrasonic sensors that are on the back. I said no because it would require radar sensors. But now that we see there are radar sensors at the front corners, I was just saying that it could be added if Ford so desired.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

It's been a busy day. Part of which included installing my 50A receptacle! Now I have some drywall repairs to do. :(
If the pencil mark was to be the center it looks like you did a fine job ?.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It‘s interesting that there are extra radar sensors behind the front bumper at the corners. Those are probably used for the Intersection Assist feature. I guess that means they could add front cross traffic detection at some point if they wanted to.
are the 14C689 radar? Then they are sitting in the front corners already. Ok 10 sensors and 5 radar

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E User Owners Manual Now Available! PXL_20201127_214355719
But it's upside down. Ground should be on the bottom, obviously :p [/joking]

Nice work :)

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
There is a radar someplace in front, but it would be used for ACC. Be careful to put your front license plate where Ford advises to ensure you don’t inadvertently block it or cause reflections.

never mind ?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I have been reading the owners manual in depth since it was released on the forum. Does anyone know whether the car comes with a creep mode to give a similar driving experience to a car fitted with auto transmission. I know some BEV's have it but can't find any mention of it in the manual

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have been reading the owners manual in depth since it was released on the forum. Does anyone know whether the car comes with a creep mode to give a similar driving experience to a car fitted with auto transmission. I know some BEV's have it but can't find any mention of it in the manual
There is an auto hold. Possibly if not set behaves similar to creep?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
There is an auto hold. Possibly if not set behaves similar to creep?
Good shout. It's a possibility although I have auto hold on my current Kuga and it works by holding the brakes on on an incline to give you time to transfer your foot from brake pedal to accelerater.
Sponsored