Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Dealer says they are having issues in their system converting my order to a ‘22 and have elevated it to their regional Ford rep. I am curious if anyone else has had issues with their order conversion.

My order was placed in April before the BlueCruise price increase if that matters.
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
All they need to do is change the priority code to 10 from 99 in WBDO. But maybe there are other issues.

OP
OP

Sam2084

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
All they need to do is change the priority code to 10 from 99 in WBDO. But maybe there are other issues.
My dealer said they had 30 orders being converted to 22s so I would hope if it were that simple it would have been done. I got the feeling I was alone in the conversion issue.

RonOinAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Premium 4X
Country flag
Dealer says they are having issues in their system converting my order to a ‘22 and have elevated it to their regional Ford rep. I am curious if anyone else has had issues with their order conversion.

My order was placed in April before the BlueCruise price increase if that matters.
Just to confirm: Your April order was never scheduled? My 5/5/21 order - Premium 4X DMG - currently indicates a 12/6 production week and the assigned VIN a 2021 model. At this point I'd prefer the 2022 model since the 2021 will be "last year's model" by the time it arrives.

OP
OP

Sam2084

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Just to confirm: Your April order was never scheduled? My 5/5/21 order - Premium 4X DMG - currently indicates a 12/6 production week and the assigned VIN a 2021 model. At this point I'd prefer the 2022 model since the 2021 will be "last year's model" by the time it arrives.
Correct. No scheduled production date or VIN. Dealer said it needed to be converted to ‘22.

OP
OP

Sam2084

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Update for anyone curious.

My dealer said they were able to escalate the issue above their regional Ford rep, but that they still were unable to make the conversion during a full day working with their rep so the order is still in limbo. I have been calling them twice a week.

I separately got a case created with Fords SUV team a month ago and they haven’t reached out.

My dealer has since ordered me a 2nd identical vehicle with no deposit in case things don’t get resolved.

This marks 7 months since order without a build date.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Update for anyone curious.

My dealer said they were able to escalate the issue above their regional Ford rep, but that they still were unable to make the conversion during a full day working with their rep so the order is still in limbo. I have been calling them twice a week.

I separately got a case created with Fords SUV team a month ago and they haven’t reached out.

My dealer has since ordered me a 2nd identical vehicle with no deposit in case things don’t get resolved.

This marks 7 months since order without a build date.
I thought the deadline for '21 conversion was Nov 1st. The order would have been cancelled if it wasn't converted, this may have already happened. Does it still show up on your Ford account or was it an offline order? I feel like your dealer might be telling you stories to detract from their mistake of not changing the priority code before Nov 1st and losing the order.

OP
OP

Sam2084

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I thought the deadline for '21 conversion was Nov 1st. The order would have been cancelled if it wasn't converted, this may have already happened. Does it still show up on your Ford account or was it an offline order? I feel like your dealer might be telling you stories to detract from their mistake of not changing the priority code before Nov 1st and losing the order.
It still shows up on my Ford account.

I have a feeling you are right and that they either messed up or are deliberately delaying my order so they can get dealer cars in sooner, get me to cancel the order so they can get it, or can try to charge a markup on this “new” order since we “didn’t agree on price.”

Meanwhile @Ford Motor Company said there is nothing they can do and to keep in contact with the dealer about it so there’s absolutely no other recourse.

Im probably going to place another order with a different dealer to hedge against more issues. Either way I’m out the $750 incentive and am seemingly in the back of the line so what could it hurt.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
It still shows up on my Ford account.

I have a feeling you are right and that they either messed up or are deliberately delaying my order so they can get dealer cars in sooner, get me to cancel the order so they can get it, or can try to charge a markup on this “new” order since we “didn’t agree on price.”

Meanwhile @Ford Motor Company said there is nothing they can do and to keep in contact with the dealer about it so there’s absolutely no other recourse.

Im probably going to place another order with a different dealer to hedge against more issues. Either way I’m out the $750 incentive and am seemingly in the back of the line so what could it hurt.
Hmm. Ask your dealer to print out your preview order summary from their WBDO system, it looks like the one in this post: #102 You might have to get the sales manager to do this if your salesman doesn't have WBDO access.

You should see a priority code of between 10-19. If it says 99, then they never changed it and it's on indefinite hold. They should change it to a 10 so you get scheduled.

OP
OP

Sam2084

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Hmm. Ask your dealer to print out your preview order summary from their WBDO system, it looks like the one in this post: #102 You might have to get the sales manager to do this if your salesman doesn't have WBDO access.

You should see a priority code of between 10-19. If it says 99, then they never changed it and it's on indefinite hold. They should change it to a 10 so you get scheduled.
I requested that info today. Hopefully I’ll get something back tomorrow.

Just noticed you’re in WI too. Do you mind sharing what dealer you went though?

They haven’t gotten back to me yet, so it looks like I’ll have to go into the dealer in person to get some answers.

Just noticed you’re in WI too. If you don’t mind sharing, which dealer did you order from?
Sponsored