Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
๐Ÿ†˜ I need help here ๐Ÿ†˜ I stopped by my dealership to nail down management's understanding of Price Protection. I ordered CaRt1 AWD on 12/3/21 before the 1st MSRP increase went into effect, so that $2000 Price Protection would apply to me; but the Finance Director is saying that PP only applied to the converted orders only, and for $750.. UGH! Does anyone here, that had a converted order, have anything in writing, from Ford, that talked about what that $750 was for? I need to walk that and the PP memo to dealership to help lead them to the promise land. I hate how stunningly ignorant these folks are, weather on purpose or not; this is why people hate buying cars at old school dealerships. I bought a Tesla Y Performance 2 years and never spoke to, or haggled with, a single person; It was refreshing. ๐Ÿป
Sponsored

MMXX500

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GT500 2021 MACH-E GT/PE
Occupation
Dosser
Country flag
The 'Finance Director" is a muppet. The $750 incentive was given to people that had 2021 model orders converted to 2022 model orders by Ford.

The price protection incentive is separate and will apply to orders placed before the hike like you said. I don't know if the order had to be already scheduled for production though to get the incentive. The dealer should be able to run the VIN through Fords Vincent system online and see if the price protection program is available for that vehicle.

OP
OP
WNKent

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
Yes, I know that. I'm needing something that a "convert" may have gotten, explaining the $750. Vincent shows incentives and rates. That $750 and the PP are two separate things. This seems to be pretty straight forward to me, but not the guy at my dealership. I want to get this all buttoned up, before delivery day.

FordMemo.png

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You got an email.

mep1952

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium space white rr drive, extended range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
๐Ÿ†˜ I need help here ๐Ÿ†˜ I stopped by my dealership to nail down management's understanding of Price Protection. I ordered CaRt1 AWD on 12/3/21 before the 1st MSRP increase went into effect, so that $2000 Price Protection would apply to me; but the Finance Director is saying that PP only applied to the converted orders only, and for $750.. UGH! Does anyone here, that had a converted order, have anything in writing, from Ford, that talked about what that $750 was for? I need to walk that and the PP memo to dealership to help lead them to the promise land. I hate how stunningly ignorant these folks are, weather on purpose or not; this is why people hate buying cars at old school dealerships. I bought a Tesla Y Performance 2 years and never spoke to, or haggled with, a single person; It was refreshing. ๐Ÿป
I received the email from Ford regarding the $750.00 credit for the conversion from 2021 to 2022 on 10-1-2021. If you didn't order until 12-3, I don't think you would be entitled to the $750.00 credit. Did you get any kind of email regarding it from Ford?

OP
OP
WNKent

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
I received the email from Ford regarding the $750.00 credit for the conversion from 2021 to 2022 on 10-1-2021. If you didn't order until 12-3, I don't think you would be entitled to the $750.00 credit. Did you get any kind of email regarding it from Ford?
No, I knew that I would not get it, from the day I ordered my order was 2022 model year. The dealer is saying that the $750 was the only thing that PRICE PROTECTION pertains to (which I know is not the case) and that I was not eligible. "The $2000 increase to MSRP, does not qualify". I need a copy of that email that explains the $750. I want to close that angle of push back from the dealership. If I get a copy, the identifying information would be blacked out.. I just need the text of it.

mep1952

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium space white rr drive, extended range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No, I knew that I would not get it, from the day I ordered my order was 2022 model year. The dealer is saying that the $750 was the only thing that PRICE PROTECTION pertains to (which I know is not the case) and that I was not eligible. "The $2000 increase to MSRP, does not qualify". I need a copy of that email that explains the $750. I want to close that angle of push back from the dealership. If I get a copy, the identifying information would be blacked out.. I just need the text of it.
I'm having trouble attaching it here. I can forward the email to you if you send me your email. You can text me it at 530-864-4020

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
Here is the text copied from the bottom of my $750 conversion credit email

" *New 2022MY vehicles: $750 on Mustang Mach-E, Edge, Escape, Explorer, EcoSport, Broncoโ„ข Sport, Ranger, Transit Cutaway, Transit Van and Transit Wagon. Excludes 2022MY Bronco SUV, Maverick, F-150 Lightning,โ„ข F-150 Tremor,โ„ข F-150 Raptor,โ„ข Mustang Mach 1 and Mustang Shelbyยฎ GT500ยฎ. May not combine with other private or commercial offers, conquest cash, owner loyalty and lease renewal programs. A/Z/D/X-Plan eligible. Transferable within household. U.S. residents. Prior purchases not eligible. Place order or take new retail delivery from an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer's stock by 1/3/22. See dealer for details. Dealer: Claim in VINCENT using #38278 or #38276 and customer ID. "

This supposedly only applied to vehicle orderd BEFORE 10/1/22 that where converted to model year 2022

Tony

Sam2084

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
You donโ€™t need a copy of that email. You need a copy of the price protection memo sent to dealers explaining that it applies to your order.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
The 'Finance Director" is a muppet
Stop disparaging Muppets. They calm and educate kids . Dealers and their evil coven of finance people on the other hand are all offspring of Rasputin...

Jes sayin ... you can google it dude...๐Ÿ˜€

OP
OP
WNKent

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
You donโ€™t need a copy of that email. You need a copy of the price protection memo sent to dealers explaining that it applies to your order.
Thank you, but I do. The guy is sure of himself. Someone sent me a copy and it says nothing about Price Protection; I have a copy of both Price Protection memos, that announced price increases, the latest of which was rescinded, today, I believe.

MMXX500

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GT500 2021 MACH-E GT/PE
Occupation
Dosser
Country flag
Stop disparaging Muppets. They calm and educate kids . Dealers and their evil coven of finance people on the other hand are all offspring of Rasputin...

Jes sayin ... you can google it dude...๐Ÿ˜€
I suppose you're right, as a child Miss Piggy did have quite an influence on my future dating life.

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
I think the price protection from last December would have applied to model year '21s or '21s converted involuntarily to '22s.

FWIW, I ordered mine December 6, and it was a '22 right from the get go, at the then-new '22 model year price. I was fine with that at the time and still am, because I'll get the heated seats and heated steering wheel that weren't available on the '21 CA-R1.

Saleswoman assures me that the price I was quoted in December is still the price I'll pay (with an additional discount for the Park-Assist prep kit).

The day I ordered, I was pleasantly surprised (thrilled really) that those features could suddenly be had on my trim level. I'm really looking forward to using those features here in the sometimes-frozen tundra just South-Southwest of Southeast Michigan. Over the life of the car I'm absolutely certain I'll enjoy the '22 model year features more than I would have enjoyed the '21 model year price.

YMMV of course.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When you ordered your car the dealer may(should) have have printed a DORA which shows the price of the car at that time. Your order was always a 2022 so only the PP memo pertains to your order. The memo contains the number for them to call with questions. Perhaps they can call in your presence? Is your car their first Mach sold with PP? My dealer always understood but I know at first they must have been surprised by the amount ($2,000.) They may be part of the โ€œEvilโ€ dealership network but if they are a small dealer who has not had to deal with this they truly may just be ignorant of the process. I am also the first person at my dealership to go the Options financing route and I had to mention and kind of explain the program to them. Once explained though they then looked into it and it is no problem. Good luck and hopefully this will turn out to be a case of ignorance and not them trying to rip you off.

OP
OP
WNKent

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
I think the price protection from last December would have applied to model year '21s or '21s converted involuntarily to '22s.

FWIW, I ordered mine December 6, and it was a '22 right from the get go, at the then-new '22 model year price. I was fine with that at the time and still am, because I'll get the heated seats and heated steering wheel that weren't available on the '21 CA-R1.

Saleswoman assures me that the price I was quoted in December is still the price I'll pay (with an additional discount for the Park-Assist prep kit).

The day I ordered, I was pleasantly surprised (thrilled really) that those features could suddenly be had on my trim level. I'm really looking forward to using those features here in the sometimes-frozen tundra just South-Southwest of Southeast Michigan. Over the life of the car I'm absolutely certain I'll enjoy the '22 model year features more than I would have enjoyed the '21 model year price.

YMMV of course.
Ditto, for everything you said, I will appreciate the added features to the CaRt1, but living in CA, I really could live without them. I ordered on 12/3 and the folks that ordered 21MY before us, got their orders converted to 22MY and $750 to "help cover any price variation for the model-year update", (see that notice in full text below). My dealer is saying that the $750 is Price Protection and as such, I don't qualify, because I ordered a 22MY.. UM yeah, of course. By now, we've all seen the FoMoCo memo that price protects us from the 12/8 $2000 increase (on CaRt1), well, my guy keeps focusing on the $750 and is the PP that I am talking about and won't talk about the 12/8 PP memo, which is why I asked for a copy of the communication sent to the 21/22MY conversions, so now that I have that, I will slap that down along with the 12/8 memo outlining the real Price Protection, ask him read the last paragraph on the bottom of that memo and remind him that the Ford Rep discussed this process with them in their March meeting and suggest that he reach out to the Ford Rep.

$750 text.png
Sponsored

Last edited: