2022 brakes upon startup vs. 2021

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
For those that have, or have had, both, I am noticing a difference. I attempted to video it but of course it didn't do it...

On my 2021, I put my foot on the brake, push the button, and start it up.
On my 2022, I do the same, but when I push start, most of the time it makes a mechanical click sound, and the pedal noticeably moves downward.

1) Has anyone experienced this difference?

2) Is there any reason to think a 2021 Job 1 has a different braking system in any way vs. a 2022 Job 1?
Sponsored

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
For those that have, or have had, both, I am noticing a difference. I attempted to video it but of course it didn't do it...

On my 2022, I do the same, but when I push start, most of the time it makes a mechanical click sound, and the pedal noticeably moves downward.

2) Is there any reason to think a 2021 Job 1 has a different braking system in any way vs. a 2022 Job 1?
While I test drove multiple 2021s, I've not driven them enough to be able to compare. But I've not noticed the behavior you mention on my 2022 GT. I'll try to remember to keep an eye (ear & foot?) out for it though and will comment back if I do.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Interesting! I have noticed my 22 GT acting that way intermittently. Now I will take notice if the pedal always goes down or not. Pretty sure it did not at first but has been acting that way recently.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

Yes - Iā€™ve 100% noticed the same.

I drove a 2021 for a year, and Iā€™ve now been driving my 2022 for about 8 weeks and the brake pedal behaviour on startup is definitely different.

OP
OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Yes - Iā€™ve 100% noticed the same.

I drove a 2021 for a year, and Iā€™ve now been driving my 2022 for about 8 weeks and the brake pedal behaviour on startup is definitely different.
Now the question is WHY? And is this as designed or a new problem?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

I get that symptom occasionally in my FE. First occurrence was right after the first OTA when I received the Stop Safely Now and nearly every other warning message. Since then it has happened a couple dozen times. Seems to coincide with a failed start attempt. Sometimes I try and start the car but goes into accessory mode. I presume I must not have pressed down enough on the brake pedal? The second attempt to start might also include the brake pedal releasing or whatever it is doing. Feels like it moves about an inch or more...

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Now the question is WHY? And is this as designed or a new problem?
So itā€™s applying brakes in park when you start it?

Doesnā€™t sound like a problem to me. Could be a safety thing.

And based on the few threads about people going in reverse when in drive, sounds like a good safety feature.

amtrucker22

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
I have experienced the same between my 21 (job 2) and my 2022. Not sure why it does this but can't wait for the theories šŸ™‚
Sponsored