2022 deliveries still qualify for tax credit under the old bill?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Your page numbers are different. The page numbers I have was for the senate version, not the house. In rereading this, it’s clear that if the vehicle is placed in-service before the end of the year, the income requirements shouldn’t be an issue even without a binding purchase agreement. However, the other requirements listed in the exception of the new bill still have to be met. This would also imply that the lifting of the manufacture limits would also not start until after Dec 31st. This is spelled out in the 5th exemption. So if Ford hits 200,000 limit you would have to delay and use the new rules.
Nope, there's no concern about Ford hitting the 200k limit either because they would get the remainder of that quarter PLUS another quarter of full credits under the old rules, which will run right up to the new year anyway. And, no, I'm not being hard headed.
Sponsored

sloan1919

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Management Consultant
Country flag
Nope, there's no concern about Ford hitting the 200k limit either because they would get the remainder of that quarter PLUS another quarter of full credits under the old rules, which will run right up to the new year anyway. And, no, I'm not being hard headed.
That’s correct because of the phase out. I agree with your initial assessment, assuming the MME is under the pricing threshold(once guidance is given), and meets the manufacturing rule (does it?), and you physically get it in hand before the year ends. You would still qualify.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
That’s correct because of the phase out. I agree with your initial assessment, assuming the MME is under the pricing threshold(once guidance is given), and meets the manufacturing rule (does it?), and you physically get it in hand before the year ends. You would still qualify.
I'm glad we agree. The Mach-E is built in North America, so it meets the manufacturing rule. Whether or not it meets the battery component and mineral rules that go into effect next year is still anyone's guess, but that won't matter for 2022 deliveries.

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
Question is will the new rules force Ford to move the MME final assembly to USA for USA sold MME's?

I am sure the credit is a large part of ones decision to purchase.
No. The credit applies to vehicles assembled in North America.
Sponsored