2022 Fisker Ocean anyone?

E55 KEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
I searched this forum and found one member has ordered one for his wife. I like it. I especially love that the back window and the rear side windows between the C and D pillars roll down. I do love a roll down rear window and wish more trucks and SUVs had that option.

Purchase from $37,499 USD
$29,999 USD with the US Federal Tax Credit (if applicable)

Motor Trend says - "The Ocean checks all the contemporary EV boxes—up to 300 miles of range, battery capacity north of 80 kW-hr, base 2WD and available AWD, a cool 16-inch center-mounted touchscreen with a haptic touchpad, and a charging partnership with Electrify America."

https://www.fiskerinc.com/ocean/

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2022 Fisker Ocean anyone? Fisker_Track-2720-FOR_WEB_E1-cropped
Sponsored

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
2022? That's like a lifetime away. Anything can happen, there will other new EV models coming to market. I don't think I would wait that long. If the mach-e delivery is in 2022, I would never put a deposit on it.

OP
OP
E55 KEV

E55 KEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
2022? That's like a lifetime away. Anything can happen, there will other new EV models coming to market. I don't think I would wait that long. If the mach-e delivery is in 2022, I would never put a deposit on it.
HUH! Didn't you put down a deposit in 2019 for a 2021 MME? So a deposit for a 2022 model in 2020 is almost the same time frame.

No one is suggestion you order one over the MME. It's just news. I ordered a GT that won't be available until mid 2021. I'm in no hurry as I don't need a vehicle nor do I need an EV.

People waited 3 years for the Model 3 after deposit.

Last edited:

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Where is this vehicle going to be built?

Scufflegrit

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 BMW X1, '15 BMW 328d, '18 F150
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
From the front it looks like kind of like a Land Rover, from the back maybe a Jag. From the side it reminds me of a first gen Saturn Vue.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Where is this vehicle going to be built?
Per this Motor Trend article, it looks like it "may be assembled on three continents for the American, European, and Chinese markets"
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-fisker-ocean-ev-suv-first-look-review/

It looks great for the price, definitely a boxier styling than the Mach E or the MY. I do like their option of "Force-E (Force Electric) is an extreme off-road package option", towing capability, and the solar panel roof.

It's aimed at a completely different market segment than a Mach E and one that is pretty wide open at this point. The iPace is the closest competitor but the Ocean will out do the iPace in utility.

But where in the world would you get one serviced?

Edez ME

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E350
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I hope Henrik and his team are successful with his new car company. He is an amazing designer but his first go around to start a new car company illustrates how difficult this task is to achieve and sustain.

5FBA78A0-7482-4789-9B0B-58E016871811.jpeg

jandkw

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
No purchase, no 3 year or more term lease. Lower price than the competition on base model. 30K mileage per year leasing. I am very interested. This is particularly true with the battery technology (chemistry) keeps improving in the next few years. I can lease the Ocean for a few years as my 2nd vehicle.

ccarpen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I Pace
Country flag
No purchase, no 3 year or more term lease. Lower price than the competition on base model. 30K mileage per year leasing. I am very interested. This is particularly true with the battery technology (chemistry) keeps improving in the next few years. I can lease the Ocean for a few years as my 2nd vehicle.
I agree the Ocean is a great option. Fisker is a long way to bringing the car to market, but is well worth the risk of losing $25 of a $250 reservation in my opinion (I placed my reservation early January).

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
But what if the actual price reflects the cost to build plus profit?

Does that mean all the others are way overpriced? Hmmmm! LOL!
They're not. In fact BEVs have only recently started to become borderline profitable. The battery costs continue to fall, but batteries are still quite expensive.

jandkw

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I just sent in my reservation for the Ocean. I own Tesla Model S for 7 years and has been following the battery technology since then. The technology is now going through the transition with better chemistry, battery w/o cobalt, solid state and others. They are denser, cheaper with faster charging. I like the Mach E but they use the generic lithium ion battery (not even close to Tesla's version, cost/performance) but it makes sense if Ocean does not have a fixed term contract (3+ years), I can quit the lease anytime I want to and go with another EV using the next gen. battery. I predict by 2014-2015, the 2nd gen battery will be in production and this may be the time the ICE car owners will start buying EV in massive. EV price will be on par with ICE cars. Model S was expensive 7 years ago was due to $200+ per KW battery. Today they are closer to $100/KW, it make a hugh difference in cost.
Sponsored