2022 GT doesn't have the white leather seats ?

itais

First Name
Itai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60 PHEV
Occupation
HiTech
Country flag
Hi,

on Ford website it seems that the GT only has the Black Onyx , and not way to choose the White ones like in the Premium Version.
Do you know if there's anyway to get that , or its something that Ford removed ?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Was never an option for GT or GTPE

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Heh, I wear a lot of blue jeans, so Iā€™m thinking that if I did get white seats Iā€™d stain them blue. Everyone has their preferences. ?

Pibbman

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Heh, I wear a lot of blue jeans, so Iā€™m thinking that if I did get white seats Iā€™d stain them blue. Everyone has their preferences. ?
this is a very good point. I would not have thought of this, but then again I have two little boys and that was enough to not consider white seats in any of my vehicles lol

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
this is a very good point. I would not have thought of this, but then again I have two little boys and that was enough to not consider white seats in any of my vehicles lol
I also have two little boys. My current Mustang has black leather seats and it shows dirt like crazy. I might be crazy, but I'm going with the light space gray interior. I just love the way it looks. Might have to scotch-guard it or something. They claim the ActiveX seating material is easier to clean and more durable than leather...

KlueBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E AWD Premium, 2021 Mustang GT
Country flag
I can't speak to the white seats in the Mach E specifically, but I have owned precisely one car with light seats; A 2012 Impreza with light tan cloth interior. I will never buy a light interior car ever again after that experience. The seats just showed every bit of dirt that came into contact with them so I was always busting out the spot cleaner to get out the various marks I could see.

Presumably leather will be easier to clean, but I'd still rather not tempt fate.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Is leather an option? The head of the Mach E division bragged about how the car was "vegan."

KlueBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E AWD Premium, 2021 Mustang GT
Country flag
Is leather an option? The head of the Mach E division bragged about how the car was "vegan."
Sorry, probably should have put "leather" in quotes. Outside of high end luxory cars, real leather has not been a thing in cars for quite a while as it is very expensive.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
I still don't know how many "vegans" it takes to make the interior. Is there any relation to Naugas?

Cuddlecool

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium 4X
Occupation
Professional education
Country flag
I had white real leather seats in my 2017 Explorer Platinum. The driverā€™s seat always had a blue jeans tint that took some scrubbing to get off. My Mach-E Premium has the light gray ActiveX vegan ā€œleatherā€ seats. After four months they still look brand new without a hint of blue jeans stain. And yes, if you do accidentally get something funky on them, like dropping a ketchup coated French fry, they are much easier to clean. In the Texas heat, I prefer a light interior and would never buy a car with black interior, even a GTPE.

Sam2084

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The seats were tested for thousands of cycles with blue jeans. I think theyā€™ll be fine.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I still don't know how many "vegans" it takes to make the interior. Is there any relation to Naugas?
Naugas used to be more prolific than vegans. The west coast fires coupled with human encroachment has reduced the number of naugas to the point that the upholstery companies had to switch to vegans, who have become much more prolific since the ā€˜80s.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
The seats were tested for thousands of cycles with blue jeans. I think theyā€™ll be fine.
That and, you know, wash your jeans before you wear them? Just sayin' I've never had jeans bleed on anything.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
I have the white seats, and I almost always wear jeans, specifically, 501 shrink to fit in both black and blue. These have to be about worst case for staining. After 2200 miles, my seats look brand new.
Sponsored