Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Exactly. There must be thousands of color options to choose from, yet they picked through what they already have in the que. lazy..
There have been paint shortages in other areas (parking lot striping paint for instance) and maybe they just are going with what they can get. Sounds like they ran out of silver and can't get any more right now. Who knows
Sponsored

friendswithdave

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Leaf, 2021 MME Rt 1 on order
Country flag
Am I the only one that can't find a shade of blue in the blue silver? Isn't this the fourth different shade of grey for the Mach-E? (star metallic white, iconic silver, blue silver, dark matter grey) Have I missed any? If you include white and black as all shades of grey, they just went from one true color (red) to three - red, blue, orange.

barryvo

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat and Jeep Cherokee
Country flag
Am I the only one that can't find a shade of blue in the blue silver? Isn't this the fourth different shade of grey for the Mach-E? (star metallic white, iconic silver, blue silver, dark matter grey) Have I missed any? If you include white and black as all shades of grey, they just went from one true color (red) to three - red, blue, orange.
I was stoked to see a new blue color until not being able to find the blue in it. My wife said no to Grabber Blue. She thinks we would be driving a Smurfs vehicle.

KZ6e1e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P4X
Country flag
5th ... it was space white not star white + carbon grey.

redranger04g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME SR RWD Ice White, 2015 Ford F-150
Country flag
The Ice White package will be interesting to see what it actually looks like. Seems like most of the black pieces are white with white accented wheels. I'm planning on ordering star white, but ice white package may be just too much white.

Edit: Looks like it was previously released.

MONDO

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(2021) Space White, Premium, AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Design Engineer
Country flag
I was hoping they'd add a heat pump.
Although I doubt a heat pump is added in, this is an ordering guide not a change log of the vehicle manufacturing. There could (should?) be more under the hood changes we are not aware of just yet.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
I was stoked to see a new blue color until not being able to find the blue in it. My wife said no to Grabber Blue. She thinks we would be driving a Smurfs vehicle.
LoL! My wife said yes to any color I want. I might be going the Smurf route...

friendswithdave

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Leaf, 2021 MME Rt 1 on order
Country flag
Although I doubt a heat pump is added in, this is an ordering guide not a change log of the vehicle manufacturing. There could (should?) be more under the hood changes we are not aware of just yet.
I predict there will be no "real" changes to this car. eAWD for Route 1 - they already do eAWD. Heated seats / steering wheel for Route 1 - they already do this for other models. Battery capacity is a software change. Color changes are just color. Ford is doing all they can do to get these out the door. I would be shocked if there were any real changes to the 2022 like a heat pump. I would guess 2024 model year at the earliest for some "real" changes. Their factory changeover from 2021 to 2022 will essentially be on the fly with a day or less for the changeover.

That said, if they continue to have parts shortages, they may take a week to change from 2021 to 2022 and make sure they get the quality right for the few tweaks while they wait for more chips or other parts to arrive.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
LoL! My wife said yes to any color I want. I might be going the Smurf route...
Debating on Grabber Blue or the Ice Blue Silver. I wonder which is better in the Florida sunshine with NO garage? I had an Iconic SIlver on order........Typicaly love a blue car but my 2007 Camry Hybrid peeled very early on, lost significant $ on trade . ... got to decide very soon..

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Ice Blue is yet another 1,000,000 shades of grey out there. I just drove for 30 minutes and purposely counted how many cars I could group into that category. I lost count after only about 5 of those minutes

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Debating on Grabber Blue or the Ice Blue Silver. I wonder which is better in the Florida sunshine with NO garage? I had an Iconic SIlver on order........Typicaly love a blue car but my 2007 Camry Hybrid peeled very early on, lost significant $ on trade . ... got to decide very soon..
Iced blue silver looks very similar to Iconic silver (like a minor color tone shift - it is a little cooler). I really can't tell them apart in pictures unless they are side by side.

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford might just be sorry they allowed the GBlue and Cyber Orange across the board. Now alot of people will choose the premium over the GTs MMe instead because of the price.

oh, and get ready, all you people that have been waiting so patiently for their 21”s (like me) there will be a glut of cancelled 21’s out on the market when the new colors on the 22’s come out. You might get one soon!

Last edited:

Iknownothing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer ST
Country flag
It just shows how akward their marketing decisions are. I mean, they couldn't come up with two cool new colors, so they steal from their Gt line? lame..
It also seems like some of might be dictated by global supply chain issues. I’m seeing more and more news on how auto manufacturers are getting hammered beyond just chips and 2022 is expected to be even worse for them. They already dropped 2 colors because of this, I believe. It seems like there is a lot of effort being put into paint quality for these cars (based on other comments in the forum) so maybe supply chain limitations plus the quality certification process has resulted in some heavy limitations on what options they have.
Sponsored